ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Trump: Teachers should carry guns (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335938)

Amy Jade 22-02-2018 06:36 AM

Trump: Teachers should carry guns

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ix-gun-problem

His answer to cries of survivors of repeated gun attacks in schools and the parents of the deceased is to give more guns.

How is this mad man still in the presidential role?

LeatherTrumpet 22-02-2018 06:52 AM

No, he said he would listen to an idea to let a teacher who was trained to use a firearm to carry one to deter shooters

one of a number of ideas he is listening to

still lets not spoil a grrrr kill him boooo thread

:idc:

parmnion 22-02-2018 06:55 AM

He is making changes, unlike his predecesers....i must say though...all these plebs on the streets demanding action....blocking ambulances on emergences...absolute scum.

Underscore 22-02-2018 06:56 AM

Idiot

LeatherTrumpet 22-02-2018 07:03 AM

It takes around 8 minutes for first responders to arrive after being alerted

8 minutes is an awful lot of dead children

Amy Jade 22-02-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9885224)
No, he said he would listen to an idea to let a teacher who was trained to use a firearm to carry one to deter shooters

Who here is wishing him dead? or are you just being dramatic to cause argumemts to deter healthy debate?

If America had more stringent rules over gun control teachers would not have to have guns and could focus on teaching. A novel thought I know.

jaxie 22-02-2018 07:38 AM

They have to stop selling guns like candy and limit guns sales. No member of the public needs an automatic or semi automatic.

Arming teachers is a stupid idea but let's be honest the lack of gun control in the US is about the power and money of the NRA. They dish out cash and are allowed far to much influence.

People with mental health issues isn't their problem either. It's mental people getting easy access to guns that is their problem.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/2018...peoples-hearts

Kazanne 22-02-2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9885224)

Yes, a more accurate version of what is actually going on,at least he is listening,it's always a step in the right direction,plus shooters were killing in schools long before he became president and nothing was done then,maybe this time something will change.

LeatherTrumpet 22-02-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9885229)
Who here is wishing him dead? or are you just being dramatic to cause argumemts to deter healthy debate?

If America had more stringent rules over gun control teachers would not have to have guns and could focus on teaching. A novel thought I know.

There is only healthy debate if the premis is correct and your headline is incorrect

President Trump: Listens to an idea Some teachers should be trained to carry a gun.

does not sound so good to trigger "the pitchforks" does it?

Jessica. 22-02-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leathertrumpet (Post 9885224)
no, he said he would listen to an idea to let a teacher who was trained to use a firearm to carry one to deter shooters

Oliver_W 22-02-2018 07:59 AM

Maybe not every teacher should carry a firearm, but allowing someone on the premises the means to defend themselves isn't the worst idea.

LeatherTrumpet 22-02-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 9885236)
Yes, a more accurate version of what is actually going on,at least he is listening,it's always a step in the right direction,plus shooters were killing in schools long before he became president and nothing was done then,maybe this time something will change.

I think he may actually get something done as the NRA feel he is onside - if Clinton was in charge they would have just blocked everything. I think ironically Trump is probably their best hope right now.

Niamh. 22-02-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9885225)
He is making changes, unlike his predecesers....i must say though...all these plebs on the streets demanding action....blocking ambulances on emergences...absolute scum.

adding more guns is making negative changes not good ones

Niamh. 22-02-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9885229)

Logic but everyone knows why he isn't doing that and it's not because he wants to help stop incidents like this.

waterhog 22-02-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9885223)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ix-gun-problem

His answer to cries of survivors of repeated gun attacks in schools and the parents of the deceased is to give more guns.

How is this mad man still in the presidential role?

the tide is turning and the usa people are seeing change - it is the start and this is going to be a one more regret interview for the trump :shrug:

LeatherTrumpet 22-02-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9885269)
Logic but everyone knows why he isn't doing that and it's not because he wants to help stop incidents like this.

The President is the spokesperson for the democratic majority of people in America

He is their choice and as such he is them - he isnt some MD of a company he created

Niamh. 22-02-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9885275)
The President is the spokesperson for the democratic majority of people in America

He is their choice and as such he is them - he isnt some MD of a company he created

On this particular issue he is very much the spokes person for the NRA which you know very well but carry on pretending that isn't true if you like

LeatherTrumpet 22-02-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9885278)
On this particular issue he is very much the spokes person for the NRA which you know very well but carry on pretending that isn't true if you like

Totally untrue

Jessica. 22-02-2018 09:14 AM

I just watched a news report about this and even the presenters were uncomfortable. He actually said it in front of the survivors of mass shootings and parents who lost their children. It was disgusting. He also explained what concealed carry was, as if he was speaking to complete morons. It's disgusting what some people will do for money.

Niamh. 22-02-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9885279)
Totally untrue

Ok then :hehe:

Donald Trump tells NRA: 'I am going to come through for you'

lewis111 22-02-2018 09:21 AM

I agree with Jessica - what he said infront of the survivors and victim's families made me extremely uncomfortable. Even if he knew he wasn't going to do exactly what they wanted he should've just comforted them and assured them things were going to be ok and get better - instead he made them more worried and angry

He has no heart or compassion for anyone, which is quite scary

Livia 22-02-2018 09:21 AM

We all know the answer to the firearms problem in the USA is not to have more guns. Trump's between a rock and a hard place... Oppose the NRA and lose support among his core voters, or side with the NRA, keep all the funding and the kickbacks and lose the trust of the rest of the USA. This is probably the dodgiest place he's been since he took up office, and let's face it, that's a pretty strong field.

Amy Jade 22-02-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 9885285)
We all know the answer to the firearms problem in the USA is not to have more guns. Trump's between a rock and a hard place... Oppose the NRA and lose support among his core voters, or side with the NRA, keep all the funding and the kickbacks and lose the trust of the rest of the USA. This is probably the dodgiest place he's been since he took up office, and let's face it, that's a pretty strong field.

Personally I would risk losing office and put the safety of others, including young children, first.

I understand guns are a big thing in America, I have been to Texas and saw people walking around supermarkets carrying guns but the laws need changing BADLY. I saw something on TV the other day and a 14 year old was refused alcohol, cigatettes and even scratch cards but allowed to buy a gun without a problem, that is insane to me. I don't believe arming teachers is the answer at all.

bitontheslide 22-02-2018 09:42 AM

Honestly, if they want to stop mass killings at schools etc having armed teachers or police/guards is the only realistic solution. We may say WTF over here, but banning guns wont solve anything in the USA, arming people that can protect the kids will

Niamh. 22-02-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9885298)
Honestly, if they want to stop mass killings at schools etc having armed teachers or police/guards is the only realistic solution. We may say WTF over here, but banning guns wont solve anything in the USA, arming people that can protect the kids will

It worked in Australia