ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Pensioner bailed after arrest over fatal stabbing of intruder (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337130)

arista 05-04-2018 08:58 AM

Pensioner bailed after arrest over fatal stabbing of intruder

In Ireland
if a intruder commits a crime in your home
you can Kill him

[A 78-year-old arrested over the death
of an intruder stabbed to death
in his home has been bailed.
Named as Richard Osborn-Brooks,
the pensioner was held on Wednesday
on suspicion of murdering a suspected
burglar in Hither Green, southeast London.
He has been bailed until May pending
further enquiries, Scotland Yard said.]

https://news.sky.com/story/pensioner...ruder-11317362

2 Men broke in his home
One stayed downstairs
the Other criminal went upstairs.
Well done the 78 year old fella
reported as ramming a screw driver in the
criminal.

That criminal ran out in the street
and the other criminal got in his van to lift
him in. But failed to lift him up.
The Driver Criminal is still on the run

https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...0Metro%202.JPG

kirklancaster 05-04-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9943086)
In Ireland
if a intruder commits a crime in your home
you can Kill him

[A 78-year-old arrested over the death
of an intruder stabbed to death
in his home has been bailed.
Named as Richard Osborn-Brooks,
the pensioner was held on Wednesday
on suspicion of murdering a suspected
burglar in Hither Green, southeast London.
He has been bailed until May pending
further enquiries, Scotland Yard said.]

https://news.sky.com/story/pensioner...ruder-11317362

2 Men broke in his home
One stayed downstairs
the Other criminal went upstairs.
Well done the 78 year old fella
reported as ramming a screw driver in the
criminal.

That criminal ran out in the street
and the other criminal got in his van to lift
him in. But failed to lift him up.

Its on every front page

:clap1::clap1::clap1: My thoughts EXACTLY Arista.

Oliver_W 05-04-2018 09:27 AM

Why was the pensioner even arrested for that? In my opinion, the moment you force your way into someone else's home with ill intent, your life is forfeit, and if you don't make it out alive, well that's on your head friendo.

arista 05-04-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9943111)
Why was the pensioner even arrested for that? In my opinion, the moment you force your way into someone else's home with ill intent, your life is forfeit, and if you don't make it out alive, well that's on your head friends.

Its normal
until they find out all the facts.

At least he is on Bail , now

Niamh. 05-04-2018 09:34 AM

Bloody hell, that poor man. Well done to him though at 78 years of age to defend himself like that

smudgie 05-04-2018 09:35 AM

Two burglars enter a property, one is armed with a screwdriver, a pensioner stabs the armed burglar whilst defending his home with his disabled wife inside...give him a medal for his bravery I say.

Cherie 05-04-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 9943115)
Two burglars enter a property, one is armed with a screwdriver, a pensioner stabs the armed burglar whilst defending his home with his disabled wife inside...give him a medal for his bravery I say.

agree, this couple were targetted because of their vulnerability, no one breaks into the home of a burly bloke with a rottweiler at midnight. He should be paraded on a bus, no one breaks into a house armed with a screwdriver if they don't expect to use it.

He has been bailed now at least.

arista 05-04-2018 05:16 PM

https://e3.365dm.com/18/04/1096x616/...20180405164305
H.Vincent ,37, Criminal with a long record
Now Dead.
https://news.sky.com/story/intruder-...olice-11317921
Police were after him for another old person home burglary

Again well done the 78 year old fella
protecting his home

Kazanne 05-04-2018 05:21 PM

I agree that this guy should not be charged with any offence ,he was probably really scared for his own life and that of his disabled wife,good on him I say,these criminals need a taste of their own medicine,you live by the sword ,you die by the sword.

Barry. 05-04-2018 05:23 PM

Why is self defence different here than the USA?

Ninastar 05-04-2018 05:38 PM

Imagine going through the trauma of being robbed in the middle of night, and then having to go through the trauma of being arrested/getting thrown in jail for literally defending your own life

Absolutely ridiculous

Oliver_W 05-04-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBfan2017 (Post 9943929)
Why is self defence different here than the USA?

Because they have the right for self-preservation in the USA.

Vicky. 05-04-2018 05:50 PM

****ing ridiculous this mind. The intruders could have killed him and his wife for gods sake! He is brave for tackling them, especially at his age. Should be getting a medal, not a record. I remember a story from a while back where some farmer dude had shot someone breaking in and was done for it. the law is ****ed up in so many places :(

Oliver_W 05-04-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9943972)
****ing ridiculous this mind. The intruders could have killed him and his wife for gods sake! He is brave for tackling them, especially at his age. Should be getting a medal, not a record. I remember a story from a while back where some farmer dude had shot someone breaking in and was done for it. the law is ****ed up in so many places :(

Ohh that was like ten years ago, at least? I remember the dramatisations for the news etc made it look like the farmer was randomly shooting them down for no reason, and they were poor trapped fish in a barrel.

Vicky. 05-04-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9943980)
Ohh that was like ten years ago, at least? I remember the dramatisations for the news etc made it look like the farmer was randomly shooting them down for no reason, and they were poor trapped fish in a barrel.

Yeah it was a long time ago..but it stuck in my mind because it was so bloody horrible. I would kill an intruder in my house in a second if I could. Especially with having the kids here.

Niamh. 05-04-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9943967)
Because they have the right for self-preservation in the USA.

You have the same right here in Ireland aswell. There was case similar to this one a few years back involving an elderly farmer who shot and killed an intruder and had to stand trial, they changed the law because of that

Vicky. 05-04-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9944005)
You have the same right here in Ireland aswell. There was case similar to this one a few years back involving an elderly farmer who shot and killed an intruder and had to stand trial, they changed the law because of that

That may be the one I was thinking of..

Niamh. 05-04-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9944032)
That may be the one I was thinking of..

He wasn't convicted though but he did have to stand trial. He shot the guy on the back though as he was leaving but the poor guy had been harassed by them for months

GiRTh 05-04-2018 06:27 PM

Are you talking about Tony Martin?

Vicky. 05-04-2018 06:32 PM

Yeah I think it might be that. I remember there was hell on about what 'reasonable force' is whilst someone is breaking into your house. I would say any force is reasonable in those circumstances

Niamh. 05-04-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 9944107)
Are you talking about Tony Martin?

This is the case I'm talking about in Ireland and the reason our law changed https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind...-26349708.html

GiRTh 05-04-2018 06:36 PM

I was surprised Martin spent so long in Prison.

Toy Soldier 05-04-2018 06:43 PM

Err TBH Tony Martin is a very different situation - he shot a fleeing boy in the back for one, and more importantly, it was an illegally held shotgun.

DemolitionRed 05-04-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9943113)
Its normal
until they find out all the facts.

At least he is on Bail , now

This ^

DemolitionRed 05-04-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9943972)

That was a seriously fcuked up case. He was an elderly man who had literally barricaded himself into his house because he'd been broken into so many times.