ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tories and Labour level as support for Corbyn wanes (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337442)

Brillopad 15-04-2018 08:13 AM

Tories and Labour level as support for Corbyn wanes

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ity-wanes-poll

Interesting but predictable development I think.

Toy Soldier 15-04-2018 08:22 AM

Popularity for both of them is going to fall (even further, it's already abysmal) I think. Corbyn because of all the intra-party stuff that's going on, and May because at some point, there is going to be a backlash over all of this Syria / Russia bizniz.

parmnion 15-04-2018 09:40 AM

Its probably down to jeremys arrogance...the way he bellittles street reporters is disgusting.

chuff me dizzy 15-04-2018 10:42 AM

https://order-order.com/2018/04/14/l...nt-lead-month/

Withano 15-04-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Meanwhile, Theresa May’s approval rating remains relatively stable, improving one point to -8.
The state of UK politics haha. Good thing there wont be an election any time soon, I couldn’t bring myself to vote anyone at this point. Lib Dems at a push, but they wouldnt stand a chance in my constituency, so it’ll just be a waste of petrol.

Tom4784 15-04-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9959797)
The state of UK politics haha. Good thing there wont be an election any time soon, I couldn’t bring myself to vote anyone at this point. Lib Dems at a push, but they wouldnt stand a chance in my constituency, so it’ll just be a waste of petrol.

Tbh. At this rate I'm not gonna vote. It's just pointless.

It's depressing that May's position hasn't been affected though, throwing us into a potential war situation without going through Parliament is beyond the pale.

Brillopad 15-04-2018 05:47 PM

Labour need a new leader - someone without all the ‘baggage’. There are simply too many question marks and too much doubt and the Labour Party as a whole are more important than one man’s career.

Kizzy 15-04-2018 08:43 PM

Oh Jeremys will improve once this govt is being held to account for the Syrian bombing.

Toy Soldier 15-04-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9960145)
Labour need a new leader - someone without all the ‘baggage’. There are simply too many question marks and too much doubt and the Labour Party as a whole are more important than one man’s career.

True, at this point it doesn't even matter how much "truth" there is in each statement, the question marks are a problem and it does seem sort of like it's more about him than his party for Corbyn. Which isn't how UK politics is supposed to work.

bitontheslide 15-04-2018 09:03 PM

it's just a very depressing political landscape at the moment, and the media are not helping as they seem to thrive on it.

The conservatives and labour both need a big shakeup and it will come, but not anytime soon i'm sorry to say.

Toy Soldier 15-04-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9960459)
it's just a very depressing political landscape at the moment, and the media are not helping as they seem to thrive on it

It sells I guess, "The PM is great and everything is normal! Smoothe sailing!" headlines aren't interesting to anyone.

Kizzy 15-04-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9960459)
it's just a very depressing political landscape at the moment, and the media are not helping as they seem to thrive on it.

The conservatives and labour both need a big shakeup and it will come, but not anytime soon i'm sorry to say.

Yes media give us some fecking good news!!! Not all this drone strike, genocide, corruption nonsense let's hear boris say piccaninnie again :D

LeatherTrumpet 16-04-2018 08:36 AM

now can you English folks see why we wanted out own parliament etc?

Scottish Politics may have its issues but its a mile ahead of May/Corbyn omnishambles

Toy Soldier 16-04-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9960777)
now can you English folks see why we wanted out own parliament etc?

Scottish Politics may have its issues but its a mile ahead of May/Corbyn omnishambles

It's because we have nice, modern, bright and open parliament space and that improves everyone's mood whereas Westminster is all dank and makes 'em all grumpy. That's my theory.

"This chamber is ancient and of most great tradition and significance!"
"YEAH WELL it ****ing smells of black mould and there's a suspicious stain on my seat! Disgusting! Let's bomb somewhere!"

Brillopad 18-04-2018 07:33 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/607627...ommons-debate/

Kizzy 18-04-2018 10:00 AM

The sun clickbait?... no thanks #Hillsborough

Brillopad 18-04-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 9963233)
The sun clickbait?... no thanks #Hillsborough

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8305706.html

reece(: 18-04-2018 11:00 AM

Kizzy 18-04-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9963250)

The Labour leadership may take some comfort in the poll’s finding that[almost a third of people also believed claims of antisemitism have been exaggerated to damage Mr Corbyn.

jet 18-04-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9963250)

Quote:

Almost two-thirds of the British public believe Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour party has a problem with racism or religious prejudice, a new poll has revealed.

An exclusive survey for The Independent found 61 per cent of people thought Labour had an issue, with Ukip the only other party receiving a comparable score.
Corbyn sickens me more every day. He has been very vocal in the media/giving interviews opposing and criticising May/Tories on the Salisbury poisoning, on the Syrian airstrikes, now Windrush, in all of those he's there sounding his mouth off, but there hasn't been a cheep out of him about the antisemitism in his party.

No media interviews at all, not one word from him during the antisemitism debate in Parliament. He sits there silent while Jewish Labour members recall their horrendous experiences, even leaves in the middle of it before later returning. Was there any reassuring speech from Corbyn? No.
How telling...and what a sly coward he is.

Kizzy 18-04-2018 01:20 PM

Labour, almost a fifth of people, 19 per cent, said the party had a “considerable problem”, while 21 per cent said it had “somewhat” of a problem and a further 21 per cent, a “small” problem. It means a total of 61 per cent of people thought the party had a problem with racism and/or religious prejudice

When it came to the Conservatives, those believing the party had some degree of problem amounted to 55 per cent – with 11 per cent believing it to be “considerable”, 20 per cent saying it had “somewhat” of a problem and 24 per cent saying it had a small one.

Given the hype there's really not that much in is there?...

We know that labour are doing a lot to address issues within the party and rightly so... What are the tories doing?

Brillopad 18-04-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 9963297)
Corbyn sickens me more every day. He has been very vocal in the media/giving interviews opposing and criticising May/Tories on the Salisbury poisoning, on the Syrian airstrikes, now Windrush, in all of those he's there sounding his mouth off, but there hasn't been a cheep out of him about the antisemitism in his party.

No media interviews at all, not one word from him during the antisemitism debate in Parliament. He sits there silent while Jewish Labour members recall their horrendous experiences, even leaves in the middle of it before later returning. Was there any reassuring speech from Corbyn? No.
How telling...and what a sly coward he is.

My thoughts too - absolutely astounding. His attempted distraction by criticising the Tories is weak and hypocritical and his silence on antisemitism within Labour is very telling. Probably thinks if he ignores it, it will go away - hardly likely especially as more and more things come to light and he says less and less on the subject.

jet 18-04-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 9963307)
Labour, almost a fifth of people, 19 per cent, said the party had a “considerable problem”, while 21 per cent said it had “somewhat” of a problem and a further 21 per cent, a “small” problem. It means a total of 61 per cent of people thought the party had a problem with racism and/or religious prejudice

When it came to the Conservatives, those believing the party had some degree of problem amounted to 55 per cent – with 11 per cent believing it to be “considerable”, 20 per cent saying it had “somewhat” of a problem and 24 per cent saying it had a small one.

Given the hype there's really not that much in is there?...

We know that labour are doing a lot to address issues within the party and rightly so... What are the tories doing?

Could you tell us what that 'lot' is so far?

jet 18-04-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9963310)
My thoughts too - absolutely astounding. His attempted distraction by criticising the Tories is weak and hypocritical and his silence on antisemitism within Labour is very telling. Probably thinks if he ignores it, it will go away - hardly likely especially as more and more things come to light and he says less and less on the subject.

Apparently he's done 'a lot' to date to address the issues, according to Kizzy. Have you seen any evidence of this?

Brillopad 18-04-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 9963330)
Apparently he's done 'a lot' to date to address the issues, according to Kizzy. Have you seen any evidence of this?

Nope!