ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you getting/have you gotten Immediate Family Inheritance? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337459)

Morgan. 15-04-2018 06:41 PM

Are you getting/have you gotten Immediate Family Inheritance?

Are your immediate family leaving you inheritance (in this case money, but feel free to say if you're being left anything else) when they pass? Poll incoming.

Morgan. 15-04-2018 06:45 PM

50/50. My mum will most likely leave me everything as we are the only two on that side of the family that still talk regularly, and she doesn't no have any best best friends.

My dad has told me he probably won't leave me anything and will instead leave it to his wife because 'he paved his own way in life, so I should too'. I suppose I understand on that front, it's his choice afterall.

Niamh. 15-04-2018 06:47 PM

Oh I don't like to think about it too much :( but I have 3 brothers so I presume my mother will leave stuff to us 4

Smithy 15-04-2018 06:47 PM

No tea no shade but your dads really mean

Wizard. 15-04-2018 06:47 PM

No because my family have nothing

Wizard. 15-04-2018 06:48 PM

My family literally live hand to mouth hence why I’m at University trying to not live like that

Morgan. 15-04-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 9960191)

We aren't the best of friends but I understand he had an upbringing where his parents were just that and not friends so he does nag and have a go a lot (whereas me and my mum are inseparable, yet he's jealous of it and doesn't get why). Idk I'll probably get a tiny bit but his wife, I imagine, will have most if not all the inheritance.

Morgan. 15-04-2018 06:51 PM

I suppose I'm just curious to see how different generations and upbringings affect how inheritance is viewed.

AnnieK 15-04-2018 06:55 PM

My brother and I are the benefactors of my nans will as she left everything to my mum but as she died first it has passed to us. However, she is in a home now with Alzheimer's and her care is eating into her money and we are having to sell her hoise to fund her care so will probably be nothing left(its not an issue though, she is getting great care so thats what matters).

My brother bought my dads house after my mum died so he didn't have to worry about money so he has savings but I have told him to spend his money whilst he can as life's too short

Wizard. 15-04-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 9960199)
My brother and I are the benefactors of my nans will as she left everything to my mum but as she died first it has passed to us. However, she is in a home now with Alzheimer's and her care is eating into her money and we are having to sell her hoise to fund her care so will probably be nothing left(its not an issue though, she is getting great care so thats what matters).

My brother bought my dads house after my mum died so he didn't have to worry about money so he has savings but I have told him to spend his money whilst he can as life's too short

Thoughtful queen :love: some people are greedy when it comes to inheritance and would put someone in a cheap care home just so they would get more money.

smudgie 15-04-2018 07:01 PM

Hubby inherited a candlestick from his mum.
Trinkets and sentimental bits as well.
My mother left me her Royal Albert:hehe:
My dad left memories worth more than any money.

My daughter has only recently asked if her daddy and I have written our wills yet.
Her best friends mum is years older than us and is going through doing it now.
We have been putting it off for years, such a hard job really as we have a lovely son, but he would flutter it away on all the wrong stuff.:fist:

Morgan. 15-04-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 9960199)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley. (Post 9960201)
Thoughtful queen :love: some people are greedy when it comes to inheritance and would put someone in a cheap care home just so they would get more money.

Definitley agree that care would come way way way more important than any money I was left behind, as well as the memories I spend with them.

hijaxers 15-04-2018 07:06 PM

There's no option for Were you robbed of an inheritance ! My brother did just that and then died.

Karma at work.

Babayaro. 15-04-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 9960191)

I'd be quite upset if my Dad told me this.

Ant. 15-04-2018 07:12 PM

what if yur dad doesn't have a future wife?

Morgan. 15-04-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 9960220)

I'd be quite upset if my Dad told me this.

I thought it was normal for people to not get inheritance :skull:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilbro (Post 9960223)
what if yur dad doesn't have a future wife?

I think they'll stay married tbh

If not it probably would go to me though as he's the youngest of his siblings (not saying that affects anything but by matter of assumption) and there's no nieces or nephews he sees enough of.

RichardG 15-04-2018 07:15 PM

my gran left me and my sister £4500 each which i thought was so kind of her

Morgan. 15-04-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardG (Post 9960227)

Gosh that's sweet of her :love: I imagine it helped towards your university fees?

hijaxers 15-04-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardG (Post 9960227)

It was a friend of mine inherited £25,000 from her father in Feb 2017 she is now skint ! she wasted most of it , i thought it was so disrespectful to squander what was meant to last her years.

Morgan. 15-04-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 9960238)
It was a friend of mine inherited £25,000 from her father in Feb 2017 she is now skint ! she wasted most of it , i thought it was so disrespectful to squander what was meant to last her years.

I think the only things I would use inheritance for are uni fees (I don't know if it's for me just yet, but that's largely due to the cost, so to have a helping hand would do me a great deal), buying/renting a place to live or getting a car. Any leftover from one of the purchases (if I was fortunate enough to get a large sum which I doubt anyway) would go straight to savings.

MTVN 15-04-2018 07:27 PM

Can't say I've ever asked as it seems a bit awkward lol, I did once stumble across my parents will but I put it straight back before I'd read any of it. I'm also lucky to have not had any close relatives die

Shaun 15-04-2018 07:35 PM

*smiles and flutters eyelids whilst reading about this myth (to me) of having family that actually own money and property*

LukeB 15-04-2018 07:35 PM

My grandad left me some money and i get the house from mum and money off dad

Matthew. 15-04-2018 08:14 PM

it’s not something i ever want to ask tbh although i imagine that my sister probably has asked

Matthew. 15-04-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 9960189)
My dad has told me he probably won't leave me anything and will instead leave it to his wife because 'he paved his own way in life, so I should too'.

that actually sounds really harsh, no offence to your dad though

if you don’t mind me asking, do you have any brothers or sisters? because i’d assume that they would have gotten the same response as well.