ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Celebrity News forum now combined with Serious Debates & News forum [update: done] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338298)

Twosugars 18-07-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 10094366)
So someone who has been on the site for a few months wants to remove a forum that others have enjoyed for considerably longer because it doesn’t apparently fit in with your idea of entertainment. Sounds very reasonable to me! :fist:

Also sounds rather dictorial. Is this the former fairly easy-going pleasant two sugars getting all territorial and controlling. Most of these kind of sites have serious discussion forums - for good reason they are popular.

It was only a suggestion. Over my few months here I've changed my view of SD. I hope I'm allowed to? I used to be a fan, now I think it's toxic. I wanted to register my views here.
I'm not getting territorial or controlling, Brillo, don't be silly. How could I? I'm just an ordinary member like you.
Why you didn't tell me earlier I was easy-going and pleasant? :suspect:
Anyway, I said my bit and leave it at that. Attacks of trolling and heat stroke already started so there's no point in further debate.
Btw, Kirk, thank you for your non-judgmental reply.

Brillopad 18-07-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 10094381)
Believe it or not, it was the admirable intellectual quality of this forum's Serious Debate posts which 'drew me in' when I first came across the site 4 years ago.

I browsed the different forums but ended up spending hours reading through serious Debates before joining.

As Cherie says; 'Put it on ignore' and stay off there if you dislike it so much.

I’ve never understood this ‘get rid of this, that or the other forum mentality. There are lots of forums on here I never go in but I’m not suggesting they are removed because they don’t interest me. It’s ridiculous - there is other motivation at play here in my opinion.

Vicky. 18-07-2018 03:48 PM

SD won't be getting deleted tbh. Off season its probably the busiest subforum. However, I do still disagree with the merge.

bitontheslide 18-07-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10094464)
SD won't be getting deleted tbh. Off season its probably the busiest subforum. However, I do still disagree with the merge.

Do you think it shows collusion of our Admin with Chat and Games? :worry:

Vicky. 18-07-2018 04:31 PM

I don't understand the question :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 18-07-2018 04:36 PM

I don't think old 2 shuges likes getting his worldview challenged tbh

Twosugars 18-07-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10094592)
I don't think old 2 shuges likes getting his worldview challenged tbh

Au contraire, love debating different opinions. But when you start posting superfluous images to inflame a thread or dont provide links where it does not suit you, I draw a line. Simple as.

parmnion 18-07-2018 05:17 PM

Whats gan on in here?

parmnion 18-07-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10094324)
just having doubts if politics should be on a forum like this, that's all :shrug:
and since admin is not averse to changes, like putting celebrity in SD suggests, maybe it's worth checking how fms feel about SD..?
If it's so liked then there's nothing to be afraid of, Brillo.

Cant spell half of them so i will go for....crabs.....

Bloody nightmare...ban them.

parmnion 18-07-2018 05:25 PM

Best thing to do is just keep the forum how it is..

N just use the todays new posts link at the top, that way you dont really look at what forum you are going to.

Just pick the right forum for your thread topic, if making one!

parmnion 18-07-2018 05:26 PM

Or just have one forum called non bb chat..then post whatever you like.

parmnion 18-07-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 10001837)
How about dropping ALL the existing names and just calling it:

'War Zone Where Posts Are More Likely To Be Removed Thread' :laugh:

Or

Come in here for a week off.:shrug:

:wavey:

Toy Soldier 18-07-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10094400)
It was only a suggestion. Over my few months here I've changed my view of SD. I hope I'm allowed to? I used to be a fan, now I think it's toxic.

It can be, but to be totally honest, there are threads in the BB sections during most seasons that are much, MUCH worse than anything I've ever seen in SD. Some seriously nasty stuff that goes way beyond simple ignorance or difference of opinion :shrug:

Kizzy 29-07-2018 03:08 PM

This is the reality of celebrity chat coming to SD

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gR0W...AQso/giphy.gif

Greg! 29-07-2018 03:09 PM

One of the best things to ever happen to this forum

Kizzy 29-07-2018 03:11 PM

You still can't sit with us...

Jordan. 29-07-2018 03:57 PM

The admins really breathed new life into the dying debates forum with this merge, ugh their minds :flutter:

reece(: 29-07-2018 03:58 PM

Judi and Camilla eating ice cream saved SD.

Ammi 30-07-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10114077)
Judi and Camilla eating ice cream saved SD.

..OMG, Judi and Camilla eating ice cream would save the planet, Reece..:worship:...

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...di-dench-5.jpg

Ammi 30-07-2018 04:25 AM

...well maybe a slightly smaller version of them anyway...