ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Does anybody still miss Rik Mayall? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341427)

Blue cat 26-05-2018 10:28 PM

Does anybody still miss Rik Mayall?

It's sad he died. He was good.

LaLaLand 26-05-2018 10:33 PM

Yes :( he was brilliant.

Blue cat 26-05-2018 10:40 PM

Thanks for the video. Unfortunately my phone won't play it . I watch Bottom on YouTube. It's my favourite comedy.

Oliver_W 26-05-2018 11:22 PM

I can't really say I "miss" him, as he wasn't really part of my regular frame of reference, beyond being Lord Flasheart. I was sad when he died, as I liked him in BlackAdder, and though I rarely watched these other two but I also liked Bottom and Young Ones. But I didn't really keep up with him.

Now, when Hugh Laurie, John Cleese ,and Stephen Fry die, I will really miss them. I love nearly everything they've all been in, and keep up with their current stuff as much as I can.

Blue cat 26-05-2018 11:44 PM

Yes I like Fawlty Towers and A Bit Of Fry and Laurie. Unfortunately, my TV doesn't pick up the channels they are on.

Oliver_W 27-05-2018 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue cat (Post 10008376)
Yes I like Fawlty Towers and A Bit Of Fry and Laurie. Unfortunately, my TV doesn't pick up the channels they are on.

I since bought both on DVD so I don't know if this is still the case, but they were on youtube in their entirety a while back! Jeeves and Wooster (comedy starring Fry and Laurie) definitely is.

Nicky91 27-05-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10008369)
I can't really say I "miss" him, as he wasn't really part of my regular frame of reference, beyond being Lord Flasheart. I was sad when he died, as I liked him in BlackAdder, and though I rarely watched these other two but I also liked Bottom and Young Ones. But I didn't really keep up with him.

Now, when Hugh Laurie, John Cleese ,and Stephen Fry die, I will really miss them. I love nearly everything they've all been in, and keep up with their current stuff as much as I canp.

same, i really really like Hugh (now on Chance, but also on stuart little he was quite good, and as dr house) John Cleese, the new Q for James Bond, but also as Basil Fawlty :flutter: and Stephen Fry, he's so funny, i liked him on Bones as well as Booth's psychiatrist :love:

Blue cat 27-05-2018 10:44 AM

Thanks, I will look them up on YouTube. I know they've got a few episodes of Bottom on there.

Kizzy 27-05-2018 10:47 AM

Yes, drop dead fred will always be in my top 10 :(

thesheriff443 27-05-2018 12:05 PM

Comedy genius

Twosugars 27-05-2018 12:16 PM

Have Bottom on dvd so

he was absent from tv for years so he may just as well be dead
but sorry he had to die prematurely

waterhog 27-05-2018 01:48 PM

only the good dye young. miss him and his comedy. had me every time.

Blue cat 27-05-2018 02:11 PM

Yes even if I'm depressed I still laugh at his comedy. I like Drop Dead Fred and Guest House Paradiso and yes he was a comedy genius. Also, he wasn't absent from TV. He was in Man Down.

kirklancaster 27-05-2018 03:15 PM

Yes, in the same way, that I miss other gifted Stars of entertainment, be it Pop, Drama, Film or whatever.

Rik was a huge comedic talent from The Young Ones to Kevin Turvey to Alan B'stard and every other appearance he made.

A great shame that his premature death deprived us of more new programs and appearances.

RIP Rik.

Alf 27-05-2018 03:51 PM

You watched the Young Ones documentary on Gold last night, didn't you? That was your inspiration for this thread, wasn't it?

Toy Soldier 27-05-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10008812)
You watched the Young Ones documentary on Gold last night, didn't you? That was your inspiration for this thread, wasn't it?

Quick Alf, you get the nipple clamps and I'll get the car battery. We'll crack this sum'betch.

Blue cat 28-05-2018 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10008812)

I didn't see it on Gold as my TV doesn't pick it up but I heard that it was on.