ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   A Star is Born (Out Now!) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341907)

Smithy 06-06-2018 04:10 PM

A Star is Born (Out Now!)

Ahhhhhhhhh

Smithy 27-08-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Bradley Cooper’s Triumphant A Star is Born is an Instant Classic
Occasionally you see a movie and immediately know it's up there with the all-time greats. Now is one of those rare times.

It’s one of those rare movies that grabs you from the opening shot and then just gets better and better with each passing scene; within the first few minutes, you know you’re in the hands of a born filmmaker and can just sit back with the trust that your faith will be rewarded – which it is, many times over.

The result is a film with the breadth of an epic ensemble piece and the intimacy and undiluted emotional impact of a character study by Bergman or Cassavetes. And it’s not just a movie of multiple points of view – it’s a movie of multiple subjects and even multiple styles and genres, all of which are kept in perfect tonal balance by Cooper.

The undeniable standout is Lady Gaga, whose performance here goes far beyond what we typically think of as great acting and moves into the territory of, say, Gena Rowlands in A Woman Under the Influence. The role requires her to play every note on the emotional scale from the depths of despair to the joyous exuberance, and Gaga is flawless in every scene. Her work proves the cliché about the specific becoming universal, as she plays each moment in surprising, unique ways and makes bold choices no other actress would conceive of, yet gives each of those moments a profound and affecting sense of recognition for the audience – every triumph and every heartbreak feels utterly honest and relatable, and it all builds to one of the most emotionally shattering finales I’ve ever encountered in a movie.
https://www.talkhouse.com/bradley-co...FV4Ph0.twitter

An Oscar is BORN :flutter:

Marsh. 27-08-2018 12:21 PM

When will Swept Away?

Smithy 27-08-2018 12:23 PM

Idk what that is :eyes:

DouglasS 27-08-2018 12:25 PM

Mess. Lady Gaga can't act this is going to suck.

Poor Bradley Cooper he can do better.

I'm not suprised she has moved to acting after her music career has gone south though.

Marsh. 27-08-2018 12:26 PM

Her Golden Globe says otherwise. :love:

Smithy 27-08-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10176620)

I'm not suprised she has moved to acting after her music career has gone south though.

Quote:

The undeniable standout is Lady Gaga, whose performance here goes far beyond what we typically think of as great acting and moves into the territory of, say, Gena Rowlands in A Woman Under the Influence
*also won a golden globe but ok, I guess if Tibbs very own Douglass says she can’t act they may as well scrap the whole film :bawling:

Morgan. 27-08-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10176620)

You must be another level of jealous

DouglasS 27-08-2018 12:31 PM

Lets be real she was awful in Hotel and the stars of that series were Dennis O'Hare and Kathy Bares. Lady GaGa was awful and clearly won just because she was a pop star. She was shockingly bad and her seasons were cringey.

Nominations /wins mean very little.. I mean Adina Poter has been nominatted for an Emmy. out of all the AHS cast.. she can't act for **** and don't try and justify that she can [I have liked her characters but they're all one note] :eyes:

DouglasS 27-08-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10176630)
You must be another level of jealous

Jealous of a pop star that had two popular albums and then disappeared from mainstream music and just flopped since.... Nope.

DouglasS 27-08-2018 12:34 PM

I think Bradley Cooper is great though, shame about the leading female though. Zendaya / Amanda Seyfried would have been great choices and would have propelled the film so much further. They'd probably cost more though.

Morgan. 27-08-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10176638)
Jealous of a pop star that had two popular albums and then disappeared from mainstream music / any popularity. Nope...

I don't see her without any fans :eyes:

DouglasS 27-08-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10176642)
I don't see her without any fans :eyes:

I mean Steps still have fans.. It doesn't mean they're relevant to todays industry though.

I just don't think shes a good actress and so I don't think the film will be any good.

Smithy 27-08-2018 12:57 PM

I mean she just performed to stadiums around the world on her most recent tour, but go off with no fans I guess!

And thanks for providing your opinion on something you haven’t even seen and which has only garnered positive press so far!

Jessica. 27-08-2018 12:59 PM

I love a multi-talented queen

Marsh. 27-08-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10176651)
I mean Steps still have fans.. It doesn't mean they're relevant to todays industry though.

I just don't think shes a good actress and so I don't think the film will be any good.

Yeah, look at all those worldwide tours Steps do and the millions of albums they sell across it. :unsure:

Smithy 27-08-2018 06:39 PM

Ffff the review broke an embargo and got taken down :skull:

Black Dagger 27-08-2018 06:41 PM

Miss Gaga coming for her crown.

Viola Davis and those other hoes be gone.

RileyH 27-08-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10176687)
Yeah, look at all those worldwide tours Steps do and the millions of albums they sell across it. :unsure:

They did that

Marsh. 27-08-2018 07:20 PM

I can't wait to give her the Bafta.

TomC 27-08-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10176625)
*also won a golden globe but ok, I guess if Tibbs very own Douglass says she can’t act they may as well scrap the whole film :bawling:

:laugh2:

Ammi 28-08-2018 03:53 AM

...the trailer looks excellent for this, GaGa looks perfect in her lead part..:love:..she has large shoes to fill as well with Barbra Streisand ...but I think she’s going to hold her own completely..go girl as they say, get that Oscar babe..:love:..

Smithy 28-08-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10178004)
...the trailer looks excellent for this, GaGa looks perfect in her lead part..:love:..she has large shoes to fill as well with Barbra Streisand ...but I think she’s going to hold her own completely..go girl as they say, get that Oscar babe..:love:..

I thought this said she has large nose to fill with Barbra Streisand :skull:

http://a9.vietbao.vn/images/vn999/35...ollywood-2.jpg

Not far off!

Smithy 28-08-2018 05:10 PM

Another rave review :flutter:

Ammi 28-08-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10178413)
I thought this said she has large nose to fill with Barbra Streisand :skull:

http://a9.vietbao.vn/images/vn999/35...ollywood-2.jpg

Not far off!

....hmmmm, I think maybe it’s just more the pose though..posing their noses in the same way..:laugh:..