ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Premier League TV rights: Amazon to show 20 matches a season from 2019-2022 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342024)

bitontheslide 07-06-2018 11:01 AM

Premier League TV rights: Amazon to show 20 matches a season from 2019-2022

Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.

The online streaming service has won the rights to show one round of midweek games and one round from a bank holiday.

The matches will be available to Amazon Prime's UK members.

The other unsold package of 20 matches was bought by BT Sport for £90m, taking their total to 52 games.

In February, Sky Sports paid £3.579bn for four packages, while BT Sport spent £295m on another package.

What has Amazon got and how does it work?
Amazon have paid for two full rounds of fixtures a season - the first December midweek round and the festive Bank Holiday round.

It will be the first time a full round of Premier League fixtures will be broadcast in the UK.

In addition Prime members can watch weekly highlights of all Premier Leagues games throughout the season.

Memberships costs £79 a year or £7.99 a month.

Amazon, which started as an online retailer, already broadcasts the US Open tennis, ATP World Tour Tennis events and NFL games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

-----

Thats going to stir things up a bit!

Cherie 07-06-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10030621)
Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.

The online streaming service has won the rights to show one round of midweek games and one round from a bank holiday.

The matches will be available to Amazon Prime's UK members.

The other unsold package of 20 matches was bought by BT Sport for £90m, taking their total to 52 games.

In February, Sky Sports paid £3.579bn for four packages, while BT Sport spent £295m on another package.

What has Amazon got and how does it work?
Amazon have paid for two full rounds of fixtures a season - the first December midweek round and the festive Bank Holiday round.

It will be the first time a full round of Premier League fixtures will be broadcast in the UK.

In addition Prime members can watch weekly highlights of all Premier Leagues games throughout the season.

Memberships costs £79 a year or £7.99 a month.

Amazon, which started as an online retailer, already broadcasts the US Open tennis, ATP World Tour Tennis events and NFL games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

-----

Thats going to stir things up a bit!

Boxing Day games :umm2:

This isn't good news will cost another 80 quid a year on top of Sky etc..

bitontheslide 07-06-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10030624)
Boxing Day games :umm2:

This isn't good news will cost another 80 quid a year on top of Sky etc..

i already have prime, so it makes it better value :cheer2:

Cherie 07-06-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10030632)
i already have prime, so it makes it better value :cheer2:

shut up :fist:

how will it though, the Sky Sports subs will probably go up!

MTVN 07-06-2018 01:04 PM

So people are gonna need to fork out three subscriptions to watch games now. I'm kinda surprised Amazon stumped up the cash, didn't really think their Prime service was that popular

Cherie 07-06-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10030713)
So people are gonna need to fork out three subscriptions to watch games now. I'm kinda surprised Amazon stumped up the cash, didn't really think their Prime service was that popular

that's probably the reason to get more customers signed up, its no Netflix!

bitontheslide 07-06-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10030713)

i think its very popular. I got it for the next day delivery which I have used so often, and for those living in some areas, it's same day delivery.

Netflex is my go to for TV series, but the Amazon content is pretty good when you consider all that you get for the subscription.

James 07-06-2018 01:32 PM

I have Amazon so I don't need to pay anything extra.: hee: It has some good shows on there.

MTVN 07-06-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10030726)
i think its very popular. I got it for the next day delivery which I have used so often, and for those living in some areas, it's same day delivery.

Netflex is my go to for TV series, but the Amazon content is pretty good when you consider all that you get for the subscription.

Ah yeah the delivery thing I get but I meant that the tv hasn't been that successful. I never hear anyone talking about what they're watching on Prime and there was all that fuss about them signing up Clarkson and co but then that show never really took off and it's been axed now

LeatherTrumpet 07-06-2018 02:48 PM

love my Prime so this is great news!

Shaun 07-06-2018 03:17 PM

I cancelled Prime a year ago but I may have to reconsider :think: I don't have BT so Sky+Amazon seems a reasonable compromise.

Just really depressing how the price of football is so extortionate now, though.

Cherie 07-06-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10030726)

I don't order enough off Amazon to justify paying 80.00 for next day delivery, most stuff comes in a day or two anyway and if I am in a hurry I pay for next day delivery, I have never watched a series on Amazon TV, given they will only have games over Christmas I will just pay for a months subs then let it lapse

Shaun 07-06-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10030817)
I don't order enough off Amazon to justify paying 80.00 for next day delivery, most stuff comes in a day or two anyway and if I am in a hurry I pay for next day delivery, I have never watched a series on Amazon TV, given they will only have games over Christmas I will just pay for a months subs then let it lapse

:omgno: if this is true, then amazing. Just realised it's two whole weeks of fixtures though, so none of the other games will be on other services? :umm2: What a weird way to enter the market, buying ten games when most of them will be on at the same time.

Cherie 07-06-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10030840)
:omgno: if this is true, then amazing.

Apparently it is the boxing days games, as no body wanted that package...very strange!

michael21 07-06-2018 09:09 PM

I like boxing day football sky need to get italitin football to make up for this