ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB22 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=730)
-   -   Ryan Thomas "Iv been brought up, as a man to respect MY wimmen" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346770)

LeatherTrumpet 05-09-2018 10:58 AM

"Iv been brought up, as a man to respect MY wimmen"

Ryan stating that men are in charge in life but hey, we respect our women"

http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...59_252_190.jpg

:umm2:

Cherie 05-09-2018 11:06 AM

I literally cringed when I heard it like they were his possessions, what about respect for his male friends and relatives...Hardeep shut him down, he knew he had been outplayed at the end of that convo

Gusto Brunt 05-09-2018 11:08 AM

He's sounding a lot less nice these days.

Tom4784 05-09-2018 11:10 AM

His women, are they?

Gross. Bring Back Roxanne!

saiwong 05-09-2018 11:20 AM

I think Ryan was trying to convey gentlemanly manners.

When a man nowadays opens a door for a woman, he can either be thanked, or
get his head bitten off. "How dare you open the door for me, I can open it myself"

It is a very confusing time for men. Male chivalry can so easily be misinterpreted as something that condescends women, when the intension, was civil etiquette.

How do other forum members think of male etiquette and gentlemanly manners in this day and age.

Elliot 05-09-2018 11:32 AM

In the age of obsessive gender politics, the last thing we need is Ryan respecting his women

Elliot 05-09-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saiwong (Post 10203112)
I think Ryan was trying to convey gentlemanly manners.

When a man nowadays opens a door for a woman, he can either be thanked, or
get his head bitten off. "How dare you open the door for me, I can open it myself"

It is a very confusing time for men. Male chivalry can so easily be misinterpreted as something that condescends women, when the intension, was civil etiquette.

How do other forum members think of male etiquette and gentlemanly manners in this day and age.

I mean yeah ur right but the thing for me is like the situation that LITERALLY just happened should’ve taught him not to jump to conclusions. Lo and behold, he jumps down the throat of one of the people who was by his side in that traumatic situation at the whim of a woman. Left a bad taste in my mouth

GoldHeart 05-09-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 10203078)
He's sounding a lot less nice these days.

Sally has got in his head by exaggerating bunion gate :bored: . Ryan thinks he's defending Sally as she defended him with Roxanne,but he's coming across silly & naive.

Cal. 05-09-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10203087)
His women, are they?

Gross. Bring Back Roxanne!

TEA!

saiwong 05-09-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10203157)
TEA!

I've seen the word TEA used a lot, is this some sort of internet slang or acronym. What does it stand for (apart from a refreshing drink) ?

LeatherTrumpet 05-09-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saiwong (Post 10203171)
I've seen the word TEA used a lot, is this some sort of internet slang or acronym. What does it stand for (apart from a refreshing drink) ?

It means that the poster has made a true statement fundamentally

They have spilt the tea, as it were

Niamh. 05-09-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10203076)
I literally cringed when I heard it like they were his possessions, what about respect for his male friends and relatives...Hardeep shut him down, he knew he had been outplayed at the end of that convo

Yeah that was funny, go on Hardeep :laugh:

GoldHeart 05-09-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10203180)
Yeah that was funny, go on Hardeep :laugh:

Sadly Ryan was cloth eared in that so called "discussion" :rolleyes: , Hardeep barely got a word in edge ways .

mr rochester 05-09-2018 12:25 PM

I can’t see anything wrong with Ryan standing up for Sally. I think he was incensed by Hardup’s attitude...as are most of the housemates. At least Ryan risked his popularity to stand up for a woman. That deserves admiration not scorn imo...

GoldHeart 05-09-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 10203235)
I can’t see anything wrong with Ryan standing up for Sally. I think he was incensed by Hardup’s attitude...as are most of the housemates. At least Ryan risked his popularity to stand up for a woman. That deserves admiration not scorn imo...

Yeah I see his point but it was wrong how he went about it ,plus it was a one sided argument in the end as he DIDN'T bother listening to Hardeep . He took Sally's side .

mr rochester 05-09-2018 12:37 PM

I hear what you are saying, however, Hardup walked away because he knew there wasn’t much he could say to vindicate himself. I say this based on the evidence that the man is usually extremely deliberately provocative and will hang on to the bitter end until he gets the last word. I think he didn’t have an argument to substantiate his actions and ran off. Ryan and Sally formed a good relationship from the get-go and I think that’s why Ryan was supportive. There’s part of me that enjoyed seeing Hardup spoken over though and therefore I may be a bit biased...

puzzled 05-09-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 10203235)

I agree.

armand.kay 05-09-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

It derives from the term "spilling the tea" which means telling the gossip or the truth on something. Basically when people say tea it means "truth".

Hope this answers your question its hard to define some of the slang used online because theres quite a bit of back to story to them :laugh:

montblanc 05-09-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10203076)

:clap1:

GoldHeart 05-09-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10203285)
It derives from the term "spilling the tea" which means telling the gossip or the truth on something. Basically when people say tea it means "truth".

Hope this answers your question its hard to define some of the slang used online because theres quite a bit of back to story to them :laugh:

I thought everyone knew what "TEA" meant, even Rylan has "spill the tea " on BOTS with the latest evictee lol .

chuff me dizzy 05-09-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10203205)
Sadly Ryan was cloth eared in that so called "discussion" :rolleyes: , Hardeep barely got a word in edge ways .

How rude was Ryan ? it wasn't a discussion as he didn't let Hardeep get a word in ...... Arrogant little bighead

chuff me dizzy 05-09-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Its a childish chav word

GoldHeart 05-09-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 10203306)
How rude was Ryan ? it wasn't a discussion as he didn't let Hardeep get a word in ...... Arrogant little bighead

Yea Ryan overreacted it's ashame ,Sally got him all hyped up over nothing.

Vanessa 05-09-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10203318)
Yea Ryan overreacted it's ashame ,Sally got him all hyped up over nothing.

But then Hardeep can also be rude as well. Hes no saint.

GoldHeart 05-09-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 10203321)
But then Hardeep can also be rude as well. Hes no saint.

I know I've mentioned him being grumpy & snappy ,especially in the pets task . It was like he hated them.