ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Ellis Hillon now faces sack from McDonald's over racist tweets (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347603)

reece(: 16-09-2018 03:20 PM

Ellis Hillon now faces sack from McDonald's over racist tweets

Quote:

Shamed Big Brother contestant Ellis Hillon is now facing the sack from her job at McDonald's over racist historic tweets.

The fast food giant confirmed it has launched its own investigation into the 19-year-old's social media activity after she was kicked out of the Big Brother house for allegedly posting the vile tweets four years ago - just a day into the latest series.

Ellis, from Cambuslang, Glasgow, works in the McDonald's fast food restaurant on London Road but is now under investigation by company bosses.

McDonald's told the Mirror: "We do not comment on individual employees but can confirm we are looking into these alleged social media posts."

The Mirror exclusively revealed that her place in the house was in jeopardy less than 12 hours after she walked in.

Producers started an investigation after disgusting racist messages sent from her old Twitter account resurfaced.

The teenager, who worked in McDonald's before bagging a place in the BB house, allegedly posted grim tweets about the September 11th tragedy and also used the n-word in messages that were were deleted hours after the launch show.

In a statement confirming her departure on Saturday afternoon, Big Brother said: "As a result of our investigation into offensive and unacceptable posts on social media, Ellis Hillon has been removed from the Big Brother House."

Doubts over her future on the show first began when eagle-eyed fans spotted at least two tweets that hadn't been taken down before she went into the house.

One, sent on September 11 2014, when Ellis was 15, read: "Oh ****** aye its 9/11!! RIP to everyone who died n ****** they smelly p**i terrorist bastards!!!"

Another tweet on January 24 2015 said: "Real n****s #sbo."

That Twitter account, with the handle @ellishillon, was completely deleted a few hours after Ellis entered the house on Friday night's launch show.

Channel 5 bosses, who would have been hoping for less scandals this series after a controversial CBB, launched an internal investigation.

“We are currently investigating the authenticity of a number of historic social media posts,” a Channel 5 spokesman told Mirror Online on Saturday morning.

Producers later decided that they had no choice but to permanently remove Ellis from the house.

Ellis' sister Nevada - who is currently operating a new Twitter account under the handle @HillonEllis - hit back at claims her sibling posted the vile tweets.

"There were no bad tweets!!! People just talk absolute rubbish and make fake things up," she wrote.

"There will be no negativity here and my sister will shine. Good night!!!!!"

But she then liked a tweet from a supporter, who said: "Wasn't she 15 when she tweeted that?"

Ellis caused controversy on launch night when she flashed her bum on her entrance into the house.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...ellis-13255668

Matthew. 16-09-2018 03:21 PM

yeah looks like going on Big Brother was a mistake

armand.kay 16-09-2018 03:23 PM

So she's not even owning up to them and apologising instead she's being defensive and trying to pass the blame to her siblings. Have fun at the jobcenter sis
http://i64.tinypic.com/2bws3p.gif

RileyH 16-09-2018 03:23 PM

Ha life is over

Denver 16-09-2018 03:23 PM

Whatever she said was wrong but i hope the person who found the tweets is utterly ashamed with themselves because their jealousy is ruining someones life

Vicky. 16-09-2018 03:23 PM

McDonald's told the Mirror: "We do not comment on individual employees but can confirm we are looking into these alleged social media posts."

But...this IS commenting on an individual employee!

I feel quite sorry for the girl now tbh. Whichever person was sad enough to hunt her social media may have now got her sacked from the job she had (even if it is just mcdonalds) and may make it hard for her to find work anywhere else too. Because of some twitter posts.

Jessica. 16-09-2018 03:24 PM

rip

Matthew. 16-09-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10231072)
Whatever she said was wrong but i hope the person who found the tweets is utterly ashamed with themselves because their jealousy is ruining someones life

arista 16-09-2018 03:25 PM

Like CH5TV
McD. will not allow a Racist (who is in the Papers now)
work there

Twitter - never use your real name

armand.kay 16-09-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10231070)
So she's not even owning up to them and apologising instead she's being defensive and trying to pass the blame to her siblings. Have fun at the jobcenter sis
http://i64.tinypic.com/2bws3p.gif

oop it was her sister who tweeted those things. my bad

reece(: 16-09-2018 03:27 PM

Lock your twitters girlies?

armand.kay 16-09-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10231084)
Lock your twitters girlies?

I was literally about to say this. You recovering racist need to lock it up!

montblanc 16-09-2018 03:37 PM

“Ellis caused controversy on launch night when she flashed her bum on her entrance into the house.“

why are these articles always so ****ing sexist like this isn’t even relevant

JerseyWins 16-09-2018 03:38 PM

She might have to downgrade to Burger King now :worry:

ThriceShy 16-09-2018 03:39 PM

We all know she is trash, but this thing about people's lives being ruined because of something they posted years ago is just getting ridiculous.

And it doesn't make any sense. An admitted criminal arsonist is in the house. Hopkins was allowed in. Even Rodrigo was allowed to stay after using the N word.

montblanc 16-09-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10231102)

:drool:

Mokka 16-09-2018 03:40 PM

This is ridiculous. Unless her social media directly links her to her job as well they shouldn't be allowed legally to fire her...
But also... let a person grow and evolve already. Let her put her past behind her and move forward. Not being able to find work and being lambasted by media are not going to lead to progress. Society is going to push this kid over the edge... and then who will take responsibility for her suicide?

Matthew. 16-09-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10231102)

ew not burger ming

ThriceShy 16-09-2018 03:42 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure that legally you can fire someone for something they said while they were a minor, years before they even started working for you. She needs to lawyer up and seek advice.

I certainly wouldn't take that lying down.

Headie 16-09-2018 03:42 PM

Her to change her name to Ellis Hillon Valentine like our Emily did?

Scream 16-09-2018 03:45 PM

Like others have said, I feel a bit sorry for her. What she tweeted was absolutely ridiculous but I myself have looked back at my Facebook when I was around 15/16 and even though it wasn't anywhere near as offensive as what Ellis posted, I said things that I would definitely not say now.

It's a really hard situation because the tweets are actually inexcusable but she was young and would hopefully never dream about saying them things now. But now her life is literally ruined and it's going to be very hard to come back from this

armand.kay 16-09-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10231107)
This is ridiculous. Unless her social media directly links her to her job as well they shouldn't be allowed legally to fire her...
But also... let a person grow and evolve already. Let her put her past behind her and move forward. Not being able to find work and being lambasted by media are not going to lead to progress. Society is going to push this kid over the edge... and then who will take responsibility for her suicide?

I mean they wern't joking when they told us in school to be careful what we post online

Ammi 16-09-2018 03:50 PM

..this is where BB have to take some responsibility for things like this as well...if they had done some basic checks into things like housemate’s tweets, all basic things that are available to the public so easily as this seemed to have been with Ellis....?...then they could have made the decision to not put her into the house and not revealed why...and nothing would have impacted onto her personal life in such a way...

Amy Jade 16-09-2018 03:50 PM

I think this is actually really sad. She was 14, we all make mistakes.

It's pretty gross people want her fired.

Gstar 16-09-2018 03:51 PM

I believe her firing will be more justified than Salmans