ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   People saying that Cameron's 'coming out' is a gameplan (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348927)

Babayaro. 05-10-2018 10:53 PM

People saying that Cameron's 'coming out' is a gameplan

Is it just me, or is this incredibly insensitive? Like, what signs has there been to suggest that none of this has been genuine? I think a lot of people are letting their opinion of him as a housemate cloud their judgement. I've seen many reaches over the years, but this one takes the biscuit!

Or maybe I'm just being naive, who knows? :shrug:

Elliot 05-10-2018 10:54 PM

Hmm
Someone coming out on live tv before telling their family
Hmmm

Rufus 05-10-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10269515)
Hmm
Hmmm

His family knew tho.

Headie 05-10-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10269505)
Is it just me

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d2b1...itemid=9152256

Cherie 05-10-2018 10:55 PM

When he said he told Cian in confidence....on national TV..I laughed

Cherie 05-10-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10269520)

:laugh:

Babayaro. 05-10-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Hmm
Hmmm

I'm pretty sure he has told his family? Or I could be wrong idk. Anyway, that's beside the point, as the live TV part really has nothing to do with it, because being in such an enclosed living environment 24/7, you are going to start feeling like that is the norm and forget you are constantly being watched.

Babayaro. 05-10-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10269520)

Why do you think it's not genuine?

Daniel. 05-10-2018 10:57 PM

It’s stupid and insensitive and a huge moment but oh well hes disliked on here so

Just imagine if that was someone who was popular here

Cherie 05-10-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10269533)
I'm pretty sure he has told his family? Or I could be wrong idk. Anyway, that's beside the point, as the live TV part really has nothing to do with it, because being in such an enclosed living environment 24/7, you are going to start feeling like that is the normal and forget you are constantly being watched.

Are you kidding, he has been on about his secret since launch night drinks

Vicky. 05-10-2018 10:58 PM

I think its a gameplan. However, hes my fave, so clearly I don't think this because I'm letting dislike cloud my judgement :laugh:

He has made such a fuss of making sure he went round each housemate seperately and made a big deal of the conversations, trying to make it coded (but ridiculous coded-ness) and that...along with the diary room thing early on where it was clear what he was on about but he was pretending he didn't want anyone to know, that I cannot see it as anything but a gameplan.

Tbh I am surprised this plan has not happened sooner on the show.

Still have no issue with gameplaying though. But yeah, I think this is 'fake'. Not fake as in he isn't gay, but fake as in planned out before he went in

Liam- 05-10-2018 10:58 PM

Takes a lot of cynicism to find fault in someone having the courage to take the scariest step of their life, not surprised at all that people are trying to though.

Babayaro. 05-10-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 10269537)
It’s stupid and insensitive and a huge moment but oh well hes disliked on here so

Just imagine if that was someone who was popular here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10269545)
Takes a lot of cynicism to find fault in someone having the courage to take the scariest step of their life, not surprised at all that people are trying to though.

It's just really disheartening to see tbh

Rob! 05-10-2018 11:01 PM

His Dad has just been on BOTS and said that he and other members of the family knew so that’s that on that.
I don't care about ANY of your negative vibes. If you don't know what coming out is actually like, you have no right to say how somebody else should do it. Honestly, people getting on their high horse and accusing him of gameplaying clearly have no clue what coming out can actually do to someone, no matter how supportive your family and friends are. It’s scary and life affirming and he should be really proud of himself. It’s so easy to accuse people of fakeness and gameplay on Big Brother. If he was game playing, he would have moaned less, been more positive and sulked a lot less that he has and he would also be a lot less paranoid. It is PAINFULLY obvious to anyone with a brain cell that his relationship with Lewis is because he gets a huge amount of comfort from him because he needs it. Someone with that level of paranoia and low self confidence does not possess the narcissistic qualities required to build a game plan to the level that he is being accused of.

Jordan. 05-10-2018 11:02 PM

I don't think it was a gameplan but it was a chore seeing it dragged out over 3 weeks

Amy Jade 05-10-2018 11:02 PM

Gameplan. My opinion. Don't have to be a lesbian to have an opinion either.

BBDodge 05-10-2018 11:02 PM

I'm surprised people would think it wasn't pre-planned.

Seems to be working a treat too.

Elliot 05-10-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10269560)
His Dad has just been on BOTS and said that he and other members of the family knew so that’s that on that.
I don't care about ANY of your negative vibes. If you don't know what coming out is actually like, you have no right to say how somebody else should do it. Honestly, people getting on their high horse and accusing him of gameplaying clearly have no clue what coming out can actually do to someone, no matter how supportive your family and friends are. It’s scary and life affirming and he should be really proud of himself. It’s so easy to accuse people of fakeness and gameplay on Big Brother. If he was game playing, he would have moaned less, been more positive and sulked a lot less that he has and he would also be a lot less paranoid. It is PAINFULLY obvious to anyone with a brain cell that his relationship with Lewis is because he gets a huge amount of comfort from him because he needs it. Someone with that level of paranoia and low self confidence does not possess the narcissistic qualities required to build a game plan to the level that he is being accused of.

I’m gay and had to come out oop just my opinion ykno!!

rusticgal 05-10-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Hmm
Hmmm

I think His dad said the family knew..

Babayaro. 05-10-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10269560)

:clap1: Wonderfully put

joeysteele 05-10-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10269533)
I'm pretty sure he has told his family? Or I could be wrong idk. Anyway, that's beside the point, as the live TV part really has nothing to do with it, because being in such an enclosed living environment 24/7, you are going to start feeling like that is the normal and forget you are constantly being watched.

I agree.
I think the gameplan accusation is undeserved.

Also, I agree, as many housemates have said over near all series, it does get overlooked that the cameras are there.

Daniel-X 05-10-2018 11:05 PM

The whole scenario just SCREAMS contrived. Keeping everyone guessing for weeks (well not guessing as we all knew what he was CLEARLY alluding to without actually saying the words) to try and build it up as a really big story. He should’ve said it from the off or shouldn’t. I see why people may take offence at that but... doing all this ‘coded’ language and ‘oh I’m scared but I’ll drop hints for you to pick up!’ is just tiring and comes across as him trying to sell a story.

In my eyes, say it or don’t. But I’m just that kind of person and can often see through transparent people.

Jack_ 05-10-2018 11:05 PM

I have no reason to disbelieve him but the point is even if it IS a gameplan it's a bloody brilliant one at that

It's literally win-win either way so

Vicky. 05-10-2018 11:05 PM

I don't know what coming out as gay is like, but I know what coming out as bi is like :shrug: Though I didn't 'come out' as such, just brought my girlfriend home to meet the family and made our relationship public

Babayaro. 05-10-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10269569)
Gameplan. My opinion. Don't have to be a lesbian to have an opinion either.

What?