ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Bohemian Rhapsody (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350609)

Kazanne 24-10-2018 10:44 PM

Bohemian Rhapsody

I went to see this tonight, with a friend as she is a massive Queen fan,has anyone else seen it? I have to say what a fantastic film it is and I really enjoyed it. Although i did think at first the guy who played Freddie looked more like Mick Jagger at first ,but whoever it was played the part excellently.

smudgie 24-10-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10310847)
I went to see this tonight, with a friend as she is a massive Queen fan,has anyone else seen it? I have to say what a fantastic film it is and I really enjoyed it. Although i did think at first the guy who played Freddie looked more like Mick Jagger at first ,but whoever it was played the part excellently.

From what I have seen in the trailers it looks fantastic.

Kazanne 24-10-2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10310902)
From what I have seen in the trailers it looks fantastic.

One of the best films I've seen for ages Smudgie and very sad in parts .

Nancy. 24-10-2018 11:39 PM

I've heard lots of good things about this film and quite looking forward to it.

What songs is in it, Kaz?

LaLaLand 24-10-2018 11:40 PM

Critics hate it but everyone I know who has been to see it have loved it. One said it made him "ugly cry" too!

Nicky91 25-10-2018 09:48 AM

the actor who plays John Deacon, is the same actor who played the one kid Tim Murphy in Jurassic Park, and also had a role in The Pacific

:love:

Nancy. 25-10-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10311510)
the actor who plays John Deacon, is the same actor who played the one kid Tim Murphy in Jurassic Park, and also had a role in The Pacific

Omg, So it is. I had no idea he was in it.

Kazanne 25-10-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10311013)
I've heard lots of good things about this film and quite looking forward to it.

What songs is in it, Kaz?

Most of their hits it,shows how Bohemian Rhapsody was created and Queens journey until Freddie died, wasn't a massive fan but loved the movie and the music.Go see it Nancy, you will love it.

Kazanne 25-10-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10311510)

He was excellent, good film all round

Kazanne 25-10-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnii (Post 10311014)
Critics hate it but everyone I know who has been to see it have loved it. One said it made him "ugly cry" too!

Must admit I had a few tears:laugh:

Alf 25-10-2018 11:18 AM

I see a little silhouette of Kazanne

Nicky91 25-10-2018 11:21 AM

apparently Sasha Baron Cohen was first rumoured for the role of Freddie Mercury

Cherie 25-10-2018 11:33 AM

Going to see this next week, the stage show was great as well, it's not in the West end any more though so may be touring the country

pontyboi 25-10-2018 11:57 AM

Reviews have been poor from critics saying how they skip over the main issues about Fred's sexuality/aids as its only rated a 12 so had to be pretty pc not to offend the kids.

I have heard nothing but good things from the people who have gone to see it though even non Queen fans so im really looking forward to it.

Though I will forever be scarred by "Its a kind of magic" which was playing when I walked in on my parents having sex :(

Cherie 25-10-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontyboi (Post 10311802)
Reviews have been poor from critics saying how they skip over the main issues about Fred's sexuality/aids as its only rated a 12 so had to be pretty pc not to offend the kids.

I have heard nothing but good things from the people who have gone to see it though even non Queen fans so im really looking forward to it.

Though I will forever be scarred by "Its a kind of magic" which was playing when I walked in on my parents having sex :(

:joker: what a great story to tell the grandkids

Tom4784 25-10-2018 03:08 PM

I'm looking forward to watching it.

Tom4784 25-10-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontyboi (Post 10311802)

I've heard reviews saying the opposite actually, that the controversy about them 'straightwashing' Freddie's life is just bull****.

I don't think we need to see him balls deep in a man in order for him to be presented as a bisexual character, and from what I've heard, he has lovers of both genders in the film so that should be enough.

LaLaLand 25-10-2018 04:10 PM

Omg the guy who plays Roger Taylor was Peter Beale in Eastenders I've just twigged.

pontyboi 25-10-2018 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10312105)
I've heard reviews saying the opposite actually, that the controversy about them 'straightwashing' Freddie's life is just bull****.

I don't think we need to see him balls deep in a man in order for him to be presented as a bisexual character, and from what I've heard, he has lovers of both genders in the film so that should be enough.

I don't want to see him balls deep in another dude but from the reviews ive read is that it doesn't show off how extravert Freddie was or even show the wild parties he was famous for but instead focuses on the concert aspects and they wanted it to be more of a behind the scenes biopic.

It currently holds 50% on rotten tomatoes so reaction seems to be split.

Ill be watching it anyway Queen are legends :dance:

Kazanne 26-10-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10311709)
I see a little silhouette of Kazanne

:hehe:That sounds good Alf.

Kazanne 26-10-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnii (Post 10312177)
Omg the guy who plays Roger Taylor was Peter Beale in Eastenders I've just twigged.

Oh thanks Johnny,I have been racking my brains as to who he was, I knew I had seen him before.:wavey:

Kazanne 26-10-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontyboi (Post 10312596)
I don't want to see him balls deep in another dude but from the reviews ive read is that it doesn't show off how extravert Freddie was or even show the wild parties he was famous for but instead focuses on the concert aspects and they wanted it to be more of a behind the scenes biopic.

It currently holds 50% on rotten tomatoes so reaction seems to be split.

Ill be watching it anyway Queen are legends :dance:

There really are no sexual scenes in it at all, just a bit of kissing.

Toy Soldier 26-10-2018 12:45 PM

We're just back from seeing it, I thought it was great. Though the Live Aid crowd made me feel physically ill :umm2: (I am not a fan of crowds, or being hemmed in by people, and I was imagining myself stuck in the middle :bawling: )

I also think it was a much better and much more respectful tribute by not needlessly showing sex scenes, or going all Philidelphia and showing his decline. To be honest, I can't really get my head around WHY people would want that. Everyone knows that he died young from AIDS... what more is there to say? Why would we want to WATCH it happen? It was perfect to end it on one of their career highs.

TomC 29-12-2018 07:08 PM

GORGEOUS film. Really beautiful and moving on a lot of levels. The scene where he saw the guy in the clinic, and the last concert had me tearing up

Nancy. 15-01-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10311677)
Most of their hits it,shows how Bohemian Rhapsody was created and Queens journey until Freddie died, wasn't a massive fan but loved the movie and the music.Go see it Nancy, you will love it.

Finally watched it tonight, Kaz and I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The guy who played Freddie did look more like Mick Jagger, lol but he had his mannerisms down to a T. He was brilliant. The soundtrack was also great, but I was surprised they didn't really include much from their "A kind of Magic" album onwards. I actually cried during the Live Aid bit. :laugh: