ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Little quirks/obsessions you have (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351804)

Babayaro. 13-11-2018 08:11 PM

Little quirks/obsessions you have

An icebreaker at an Autism training day I was at today made me create this thread. Basically, we were to say what obsessions we have/things that we always do.

So what's yours?

Mine is that nine times out of ten I always have to check the year a song I just listened to/film I watched was released. And I have a thing about ages, like if I'm reading about a celebrity I will always have to google how old they are lmao.

Liam- 13-11-2018 08:18 PM

The obligatory volume having to be on an even number thing and I can’t eat a meal with a knife and fork that don’t match, I just can’t do it.

LaLaLand 13-11-2018 08:32 PM

Before I go to bed at night, I turn off all of the plugs and lights and my laptop etc and then stand by the door and go around each one mouthing "OFF" in like a tune, there's eight things so I basically stand there going "offoffoff-off-off-offOFF" in the dark like a loon! :laugh2:

But, better than my house burning down I suppose eh!?

Babayaro. 13-11-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnii (Post 10347125)
Before I go to bed at night, I turn off all of the plugs and lights and my laptop etc and then stand by the door and go around each one mouthing "OFF" in like a tune, there's eight things so I basically stand there going "offoffoff-off-off-offOFF" in the dark like a loon! :laugh2:

But, better than my house burning down I suppose eh!?

:joker::joker:

y.winter 13-11-2018 08:35 PM

People will find it weird but I listen to music in monthly playlists. I have a playlist for each month (filled with songs that I've been listening to in the respective month throughout the years), and I only listen to the current month's playlist.
I associate songs with time of the year/seasons/memories and it feels very appropriate doing it like that lol (and it does make you miss the songs and love them even more each year). Yeah, it's that terrible :skull:

Ant. 13-11-2018 08:37 PM

I constantly do reality checks to ensure I'm still 'here' and make sure I can think properly

Just little things like checking the time, counting my fingers, saying my birthday and saying where I am

Matthew. 13-11-2018 08:40 PM

The volume HAS to be divisible by 5!

LaLaLand 13-11-2018 08:44 PM

ALSO omg

You know when you get up in the morning and then like sort your bed out, I just shake my duvet and put it back over to cover the bed, you know the little kinks in the duvet material? I have to put my finger in them and like "push them down flat" like I'm popping them, and could honestly stay there for hours doing it! :laugh2:

This is my heaven... Phwoar! :laugh2: :

https://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/81/10/55...YckIFEuurD.jpg

Epic. 13-11-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnii (Post 10347125)

Still makes more impact than the volume of BBUK crowd chants

Gusto Brunt 14-11-2018 06:04 AM

I always wear a hat, even indoors.

And yes I have all my hair but people think I am hiding baldness. :D

Strictly Jake 14-11-2018 06:40 AM

I'm obsessed with making playlists for party's I never even plan on arranging. It's something I have done ever since I was a kid, in the days of making cds, bear in mind you could buy packs of 100 blank cds I would go through them in about a month making party play lists. Didn't even listen to them. Now I have Spotify I do it on that but I usually make seasonal play lists now like summer 2018 autumn 2018 etc
Also if I'm going to travel somewhere that is an hour away or more I panic if I haven't made a play list for it

Never even realised how odd that all is until now

But what it has left me with is a vast knowledge of music I'm very good at identifying a year a song was released etc

I used to collect all the now cds. I stopped at now 90 so every song before that I could identify for ages what now album it was on which Cd it was on whether it was the first or second I would be able to tell you what number track it was and which track was before and after it and for a long time I was obsessed with making playlists for the next now album up to the point I could fill a whole pad full of different drafts of it

I also have a strangely accurate memory when it comes to the x factor I can remember every detail. Less so nowadays as don't have a lot of care for it so not sure on 2015 to 2018 but the years before I remember every detail

I'm very strange just realised that!!

LemonJam 14-11-2018 06:47 AM

I subconsciously count how many stairs I've climbed.

LeatherTrumpet 14-11-2018 07:02 AM

so many things. At uni there was a triangular shortcut of 20 yards to the main building, i never used it for 4 years preferring to go square and around (no one else did) and by never i mean never.

I never ate sweets or chocolate for 10 years (with no slips) for no reason.

Every time a finish a long car journey I squeeze the car wheel and say thanks to the car.

I say the same small poem in my head every night before going to sleep and have done so since 1999.

etc

Niamh. 14-11-2018 08:56 AM

I always forget whether I turned the heater off at work or my hair straightener off at home so I have to do something different each time I turn them off so that when I leave and get that panic of "Did I turn the heater off?" I remember that I knocked on the wall or said out loud turning it off etc etc

Livia 14-11-2018 10:22 AM

I count everything.

Niamh. 14-11-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10347425)
I count everything.

I really hate counting, stock takes are literally my least favourite thing ever :laugh:

Alf 14-11-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 10347333)
I always wear a hat, even indoors.

And yes I have all my hair but people think I am hiding baldness. :D

You will go bold if you constantly wear a hat.If you cover grass up and it gets no rain and sun on it, it dies, I'd imagine it's the same with hair.

Moniqua 14-11-2018 10:41 AM

I always wrap t-shirts around my head to make it look like I'm wearing a headscarf :shrug:

LeatherTrumpet 14-11-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10347426)
I really hate counting, stock takes are literally my least favourite thing ever :laugh:

how many have you done in the last 5 years?

Livia 14-11-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10347426)

I'm do them for you!

Now we just have to find something I hate that you like doing....

Niamh. 14-11-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10347438)
how many have you done in the last 5 years?

Jay28jay2 14-11-2018 11:16 AM

Penny collecting. Just exchanged £101.04 worth of them the other week!

Cal. 14-11-2018 11:39 AM

I play with my ear

Niamh. 14-11-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10347474)
I play with my ear

Chess?

Cherie 14-11-2018 11:44 AM

I can't think of any :suspect: except the or where you wonder if you have left the hair straightners or the iron on...