ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Prime Minister is taking calls on LBC from 8am (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351878)

Oliver_W 16-11-2018 07:01 AM

The Prime Minister is taking calls on LBC from 8am

Very brave!

LeatherTrumpet 16-11-2018 07:06 AM

I put the radio on at 6.30 and heard Nick on and thought id slept in!

Maru 16-11-2018 07:07 AM

Listening. Still can't sleep :spin:

Oliver_W 16-11-2018 07:10 AM

I might ring up, but I wouldn't know what to say!

Maru 16-11-2018 07:12 AM

Does this happen normally? The PM appears on radio shows?

Oliver_W 16-11-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maru (Post 10349202)

Pretty rare, but not unheard of.

LeatherTrumpet 16-11-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maru (Post 10349202)

Yes and Nick and his breakfast show on LBC is probably the best alongside Radio 4 from the BBC

Nick is also Conservative

Maru 16-11-2018 07:22 AM

Wow, she's for Stop & Search?

James 16-11-2018 07:22 AM

LeatherTrumpet 16-11-2018 07:27 AM

Corbyn at home in his pj's playing Red Dead Redemption and eating coco pops

bitontheslide 16-11-2018 08:09 AM

I'm not a May fan, but I have to stand back and admire her resilience and her passion. Whatever she does, she isn't going to please half the population and all the people moaning about what she has negotiated have offered nothing that would move us forward positively and be acceptable to the EU.

I still think when it comes to it being voted on in parliament that May will win. The majority understand that it may not be an ideal situation for them, but at least it's a better starting point than no deal at all. People are acting like this is going to be the situation for eternity and beyond and its just so silly

Maru 16-11-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10349231)
I'm not a May fan, but I have to stand back and admire her resilience and her passion. Whatever she does, she isn't going to please half the population and all the people moaning about what she has negotiated have offered nothing that would move us forward positively and be acceptable to the EU.

I still think when it comes to it being voted on in parliament that May will win. The majority understand that it may not be an ideal situation for them, but at least it's a better starting point than no deal at all. People are acting like this is going to be the situation for eternity and beyond and its just so silly

Yeah, I feel like it will work out one way or another. Life goes on.

I feel like May is a very strong woman. People may not agree her on everything politically, but she has a way of getting her POV across without coming off overly defensive/weak. If that makes any sense?... she genuinely seems very passionate about her POV and that makes so much sense here, given everything that is actually at stake.

LeatherTrumpet 16-11-2018 08:23 AM

Identifying problems is the easiest game in town

hence people can build careers on it in the media

Maru 16-11-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10349236)
Identifying problems is the easiest game in town

hence people can build careers on it in the media

So true

joeysteele 16-11-2018 08:36 AM

She has never been up to the position of PM.
Her judgement is atrocious.
From calling the election last year after denial after denial she ever would.

Then her judgement of ministerial appointments.
The loss of both her choices as brexit minister resigning.
That is really damning and unbelievable.

She has both Country and Parliament more divided than when she became PM.
This deal gives a little to both sides but really addresses nothing with substance.

I don't see tenacity or strength in her, watching or listening to her.
All that comes over to me is her delusion.

Having said that, I have never ever liked Mrs May as a politician, she was the absolute worst Home secretary in my view.
She is a total disaster as PM.
So for me the sooner she goes or is thrown out, the better.

Kazanne 16-11-2018 08:43 AM

I think she is a lot stronger than most people thought,fair play to her for sticking to her guns, she obviously thinks she has the best deal for us, so good on her for not caving in to the pressure she is under from her ministers, they are such a back stabbing lot, Why would she put herself through all this if the deal is not the best she can get.

LeatherTrumpet 16-11-2018 08:51 AM

GOVE NOT resigning

source:LBC

MTVN 16-11-2018 08:53 AM

Most the people getting angry about May's deal probably aren't able to explain exactly what it is that they dislike and what could realistically be done to improve it. Problem is Brexit was always an abstract concept characterised by soundbites like 'take back control' without putting much thought into how complicated it would be to put into practice. It's taken two years and a 600 page document but at least we now finally have a workable plan that can actually deliver Brexit, we're not going to get any better with 5 months to go until we leave

joeysteele 16-11-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10349250)
I think she is a lot stronger than most people thought,fair play to her for sticking to her guns, she obviously thinks she has the best deal for us, so good on her for not caving in to the pressure she is under from her ministers, they are such a back stabbing lot, Why would she put herself through all this if the deal is not the best she can get.

You and I stand on poles apart opposite political sides.
However what you say I always look at.

I will concede she was given the hardest job to do.
Re brexit.
However she could have brought all parties and UK Nations into the planning to heal divisions but chose not to.

Sometimes sticking to your guns is a bad thing.
She has gone as far as her stance can take this and she has not won over her own party with her deal.
It won't pass the parliamentary vote as it is and she wouldn't be then sticking to her guns, if she went for changes now.

To push ahead with this agreement when she knows a quarter at least of her own government will abstain or vote against it, is pure folly in my view.

To step out now, saying she'd done her best and let a new PM make a new attempt.
Would be far wiser than putting this to a vote, losing it and then not being able to do anything further.

Prolonging the killing off of this agreement via a parliamentary vote with all the warnings that will happen.
That's really bad judgement by any standards.

She got the job at the wrong time, unfortunately for her.
Then again as I say, I've never liked her as a politician even in my.more Conservative leaning years.

joeysteele 16-11-2018 09:09 AM

It doesn't surprise me Gove won't resign.
He back stabbed Boris Johnson.

It's more telling he is reportedly said to have refused the brexit secretary position

This way he looks loyal, stays in cabinet, if Mrs May goes, he could then be the better placed to replace her.

smudgie 16-11-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10349269)
It doesn't surprise me Gove won't resign.
He back stabbed Boris Johnson.

It's more telling he is reportedly said to have refused the brexit secretary position

This way he looks loyal, stays in cabinet, if Mrs May goes, he could then be the better placed to replace her.

Spot on Joey.
Gove looking after himself as usual.

Cherie 16-11-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10349250)

I have to admire her stance, she was alone yesterday in a nest of vipers, it would have been very easy for her to throw in the towel at this stage and resign like Cameron did, she won't please everyone, and whoever takes the job if she is forced out won't please everyone either so replacing her and thinking it is going to be better is just pie in the sky nonsense

joeysteele 16-11-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10349273)
Spot on Joey.
Gove looking after himself as usual.

Many, including Boris have underestimated Michael Gove.

He comes across very differently from how he really is.
Politics is a ruthless arena, however Gove, for his own ambition, is one of the most ruthless of the lot.

Cherie 16-11-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10349261)
Most the people getting angry about May's deal probably aren't able to explain exactly what it is that they dislike and what could realistically be done to improve it. Problem is Brexit was always an abstract concept characterised by soundbites like 'take back control' without putting much thought into how complicated it would be to put into practice. It's taken two years and a 600 page document but at least we now finally have a workable plan that can actually deliver Brexit, we're not going to get any better with 5 months to go until we leave

Exactly

Cherie 16-11-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10349231)