ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Do you prefer TV Series or Films? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351938)

Daniel-X 18-11-2018 06:33 PM

Do you prefer TV Series or Films?

I’m much more of a series person myself, I probably watch like one film a month if that tbh. Series are much more juicy!

Daniel. 18-11-2018 06:34 PM

TV series because you get to know the characters more, a film is done with before you would have even gotten to know most characters or unravel story in a show

Lostie! 18-11-2018 06:38 PM

TV

RileyH 18-11-2018 06:38 PM

Series'

Epic. 18-11-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 10351439)
TV series because you get to know the characters more, a film is done with before you would have even gotten to know most characters or unravel story in a show

MB. 18-11-2018 06:42 PM

Film because I have commitment issues

montblanc 18-11-2018 06:47 PM

series :p

Toy Soldier 18-11-2018 07:24 PM

Both but TV if I was forced to choose.

Ant. 18-11-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10351452)
Film because I have commitment issues

This is my issue but I also like to gain respect and a bond with the characters I watch so I'd rather get attached to characters in a series until they're killed off and I can cry for hours

Beastie 18-11-2018 07:26 PM

Film buffer.

Ramsay 18-11-2018 08:51 PM

Series. By a country ****ing mile, sham.

Matthew. 18-11-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

what you said

James 19-11-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

TV, for these reasons.

Also, I'm not sure I like the 2010s style of film-making that much - shaky camera and that strange colour-tint films often have now.

JerseyWins 19-11-2018 06:33 AM

Ehhh definitely used to be films but idk I'm transitioning to liking TV shows/series more. They're about equal now I guess but I still think I prefer a good movie.

It IS nice to know more about the characters and stories in shows but a lot of times with movies you get something that's more fun and action packed in a two hour time span (so less time consuming too).

Niamh. 19-11-2018 09:11 AM

hhhmmm difficult choice, I definitely used to be more of a film person but then TV got so good in recent years I switched but I have to say I've been choosing films again more recently :think:

Toy Soldier 19-11-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10352788)
hhhmmm difficult choice, I definitely used to be more of a film person but then TV got so good in recent years I switched but I have to say I've been choosing films again more recently :think:

The lines between the two are blurring a lot more than they used to... with whole seasons being released to streaming in one go with movie-like production quality (so more like a very long movie), and mainstream movie "universes" like the MCU etc. being more like a series of 2 hour long episodes drawn out over several years (there are 20 MCU "episodes" already).

It's moved on a lot from a decade ago when TV was mainly still self-contained episodes week by week, and movies were standalone things that maybe got a direct sequel or were part of a trilogy.

Niamh. 19-11-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10352799)
The lines between the two are blurring a lot more than they used to... with whole seasons being released to streaming in one go with movie-like production quality (so more like a very long movie), and mainstream movie "universes" like the MCU etc. being more like a series of 2 hour long episodes drawn out over several years (there are 20 MCU "episodes" already).

It's moved on a lot from a decade ago when TV was mainly still self-contained episodes week by week, and movies were standalone things that maybe got a direct sequel or were part of a trilogy.

Yeah very true, I literally couldn't even hit one or the other on the Poll :laugh:

Toy Soldier 19-11-2018 09:42 AM

My one gripe is that TV is now being treated more like movies production wise as well... with a "it'll be out when it's ready" philosophy e.g. 2 years for Game Of Thrones finale, and Stranger Things not being back until next summer, often with really vague release dates like "It'll be May. Or June. Maybe July at the latest, promise." I miss the predictability of when new seasons would be arriving :fist:.

Niamh. 19-11-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10352810)
My one gripe is that TV is now being treated more like movies production wise as well... with a "it'll be out when it's ready" philosophy e.g. 2 years for Game Of Thrones finale, and Stranger Things not being back until next summer, often with really vague release dates like "It'll be May. Or June. Maybe July at the latest, promise." I miss the predictability of when new seasons would be arriving :fist:.

Yeah, that's annoying alright but I guess it's a side effect of having great TV

Tony Montana 19-11-2018 10:20 AM

Love both but Film for me

I’m a Massive Film Fanatic

Mystic Mock 07-12-2018 07:35 AM

I'm more of a TV Show person tbh as I've liked a lot of Movies, but I don't obsess over them like I can with a strong TV Show (The Haunting Of Hill House being the most recent example for me) however TV Shows probably have more annoying traits for me such as cult shows heavily focusing on relationships more than their main plot, or Comedies adding a **** ton of Drama into their episodes amongst other flaws, but overall I've just not seen any Movie hit the heights of Battlestar Galactica or Game Of Thrones imo, or my soft spot for Merlin.

If I'm being entirely truthful I'm more of a Video Game/Music/Japanese Anime type of person over live action Shows or Movies.

Scoot 07-12-2018 07:46 AM

I watch hundreds of films a year and you’ll be lucky to get more than one tv show out of me in that time (besides BB), if that.

Jack_ 07-12-2018 01:21 PM

TV series for sure

I’m that guy who hasn’t seen many of the “classic” films that most people have, name some and I’ve probably not seen them. I just cba really, the only time I watch films is at Christmas or the odd rare trip to the cinema (once every 2/3 years)