ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Anne Hegarty (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351991)

Cherie 20-11-2018 09:37 AM

Anne Hegarty

Don't get me wrong I love her on the Chase, but I don't understand why the campmates are fawning over her, yes she got upset then she got over it and that is fine and its good to talk about her disability, but they seem to be doing what many people do with people with disabilities assuming they can't do stuff so doing it for them, why is she sitting back watching the others doing things in camp, it's not sitting well with me at the moment

chuff me dizzy 20-11-2018 09:40 AM

I agree, I really like her, but all Ive seen her do so far is lay or sit down and talk about herself ....and then to declare she's no intention of helping in the camp ,I will soon go off her if she doesn't change

Cal. 20-11-2018 09:46 AM

She’s already said it’s difficult for her to help out in camp because she has to go through a process to get things done whereas the others can just do them without thinking about it. I’m sure she will pitch in at some point but I think the main priority whilst it is still early days is to find her bearings.

chuff me dizzy 20-11-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10354367)
She’s already said it’s difficult for her to help out in camp because she has to go through a process to get things done whereas the others can just do them without thinking about it. I’m sure she will pitch in at some point but I think the main priority whilst it is still early days is to find her bearings.

Surely she doesn't have to go through a process to get up and walk about, wash a few dishes ? I hope she's not using her condition as an excuse to be lazy

smudgie 20-11-2018 10:53 AM

After seeing her dressed as a garden gnome and having so much fun, she can do no wrong.
Lover her, and also like the fact that she is not frightened to show her vulnerability.

Vanessa 20-11-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10354422)
After seeing her dressed as a garden gnome and having so much fun, she can do no wrong.
Lover her, and also like the fact that she is not frightened to show her vulnerability.

At the moment she's my favourite. Hope she does well in the trial.

bitontheslide 20-11-2018 11:14 AM

i don't like saying it, but I think she is using her disability as an excuse. She has to interact with the world and perform activities in real life, so why does she get a free pass there? She did the first tasks on launch night without issue, she will be doing a trial today. All without thinking it all through first.

Morgan. 20-11-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10354436)
i don't like saying it, but I think she is using her disability as an excuse. She has to interact with the world and perform activities in real life, so why does she get a free pass there? She did the first tasks on launch night without issue, she will be doing a trial today. All without thinking it all through first.

She said months ago on Loose women that she has to go through th process at home, the reason why her house is messy and full of junk because she can't process sorting it out right now.

chuff me dizzy 20-11-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10354436)

I agree, but im hoping she changes her ways very soon, and its a CONDITION not a disability

chuff me dizzy 20-11-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10354443)
She said months ago on Loose women that she has to go through th process at home, the reason why her house is messy and full of junk because she can't process sorting it out right now.

Or shes lazy ? :shrug:

Zizu 20-11-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10354422)

Well we didn't see how long it took them to convince her to put the gnome costume on .... I've got Aspergers and wearing a costume or anything slightly 'out there' is a no no ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zizu 20-11-2018 11:41 AM

Anne Hegarty

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 10354452)

No I know what she means ... you find yourself overwhelmed by jobs or things that need doing but you can't just 'do them' you have to prioritise things then go through the main job in your head kinda visualising every step before you even start on it . She's probably a perfectionist as well which of course only adds to the pressure

Niamh. 20-11-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10354461)
Well we didn't see how long it took them to convince her to put the gnome costume on .... I've got Aspergers and wearing a costume or anything slightly 'out there' is a no no ..

It will be very interesting to hear your insight into things in that case

Zizu 20-11-2018 11:47 AM

Anne Hegarty

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 10354364)
I agree, I really like her, but all Ive seen her do so far is lay or sit down and talk about herself ....and then to declare she's no intention of helping in the camp ,I will soon go off her if she doesn't change

She just needs to find her place in the camp ... if it was me I'd take care of the fire ... keep it burning and go foraging for wood supplies each and every day .

It will be so hard for her ... she had that alter ego of being a bit narky but she's clearly a kind , caring soul .

Yesterday when they went to choose their treat and thingy said 'it's no choice , obviously has to be scones and cream' ... Anne said nothing and went along with the 'decision' yet when the camp chose the wrong answer and they didn't get the scones .... Anne let it slip that SHE would have chosen the other option ...

chuff me dizzy 20-11-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10354467)
She just needs to find her place in the camp ... if it was me I'd take care of the fire ... keep it burning and go foraging for wood supplies each and every day .

It will be so hard for her ... she had that alter ego of being a bit narky but she's clearly a kind , caring soul .

Yesterday when they went to choose their treat and thingy said 'it's no choice , obviously has to be scones and cream' ... Anne said nothing and went along with the 'decision' yet when the camp chose the wrong answer and they didn't get the scones .... Anne let it slip that SHE would have chosen the other option ...

I like Anne very much ,but will go off her if shes lazy

LeatherTrumpet 20-11-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10354367)

So why before she went or agreed to be overly paid for sitting on her arse for a week or two did she not pre process that information before?

Zizu 20-11-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10354476)
So why before she went or agreed to be overly paid for sitting on her arse for a week or two did she not pre process that information before?

That's a question only she can answer ... I can't imagine she's gone on there without watching some previous episodes to get an idea of what's in store for her .

The complications are she has no idea who was going to be on her team .. where camp they were based ... and so many unknowns / variables to unsettle her ..

It's also dreadfully hot and humid , being eaten alive by insects ... not sleeping and they've not eaten a decent meal for ages ..

LeatherTrumpet 20-11-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10354486)
That's a question only she can answer ... I can't imagine she's gone on there without watching some previous episodes to get an idea of what's in store for her .

The complications are she has no idea who was going to be on her team .. where camp they were based ... and so many unknowns / variables to unsettle her ..

It's also dreadfully hot and humid , being eaten alive by insects ... not sleeping and they've not eaten a decent meal for ages ..

ie the same for the others

Denver 20-11-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 10354469)
I like Anne very much ,but will go off her if shes lazy

You have very little knowledge of Asperger's/Autism i see

LeatherTrumpet 20-11-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10354494)
You have very little knowledge of Asperger's/Autism i see

And neither do the camp it seems as they are treating her like she is an invalid

Alf 20-11-2018 12:31 PM

We'll find out tonight if Anne is a sinker or swimmer, this trial will either make or break her.

chuff me dizzy 20-11-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10354501)
And neither do the camp it seems as they are treating her like she is an invalid

Exactly, an invalid precious little snowflake, but they will soon get tired of it ,Its early days the girls are all playing to the cameras ,but they will soon be calling her lazy if she doesn't buck her ideas up

LeatherTrumpet 20-11-2018 12:34 PM

Problem is its a spectrum we are all on but when you say the word people just think of the extremes and i guess if it gets her attention and special treatment she may milk this to her benefit?

That is the worry

Rob! 20-11-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 10354452)

It’s nothing to do with being lazy. She has to tell herself to get involved with the jobs around the camp because the social etiquette of “I should help with that” doesn’t go through her brain naturally like “normal” people.

LeatherTrumpet 20-11-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10354537)
It’s nothing to do with being lazy. She has to tell herself to get involved with the jobs around the camp because the social etiquette of “I should help with that” doesn’t go through her brain naturally like “normal” people.

How do you know this about her?