ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Would this kind of lineup have given CBB a ratings boost? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352334)

Morgan. 29-11-2018 11:11 AM

Would this kind of lineup have given CBB a ratings boost?

And resurrected it from the sub-million viewer record? Or do you think whatever they did the interest would've been gone?

Epic. 29-11-2018 11:12 AM

It would get loads of viewers but it still would not have saved the show imo

Denver 29-11-2018 11:12 AM

They would have edited Ann, Harry, Noel and Fluer out for Malique, Sair and dishwater

Cal. 29-11-2018 11:14 AM

CBB and BB, since 2014, has only gotten good ratings due to controversy.

This line up is famous but not controversial and so no, they’d probably just end up spending a load of money for nothing.

Cal. 29-11-2018 11:15 AM

However, I do believe being in CBB brings out a nastier side to near enough all celebrities compared to the other celebrity show formats so perhaps we would be getting lots of drama from the likes of Rita, Noel, Nick, John and Emily.

Morgan. 29-11-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10366167)
CBB and BB, since 2014, has only gotten good ratings due to controversy.

This line up is famous but not controversial and so no, they’d probably just end up spending a load of money for nothing.

I suppose we haven't had a lineup of this calibre for a very long time though, so it'd be hard to judge if Big name pulled people in and more importantly kept them.

I agree with Epic though that it probably wouldn't have saved the show and instead just send it out on a famous yet non-controversial cast with higher ratings than normal.

Morgan. 29-11-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10366170)
However, I do believe being in CBB brings out a nastier side to near enough all celebrities compared to the other celebrity show formats so perhaps we would be getting lots of drama from the likes of Rita, Noel, Nick, John and Emily.

It definitely has more of a 'gameplay' element where controversy is encouraged. Although I think Noel is the only one capable of causing lots of drama in that kind of environment.

Cal. 29-11-2018 11:21 AM

The fact a soap star last seen on her soap in 2008 was the reason the last CBB did well :skull:

Tony Montana 29-11-2018 11:22 AM

This Cast would certainly attract an enormous amount of attention and interest from Viewers that’s for sure. They’re better than most of the CBB Cast Already. Whether they can bring Drama and Controversy is anyone’s Guess

Tony Montana 29-11-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10366174)
It definitely has more of a 'gameplay' element where controversy is encouraged. Although I think Noel is the only one capable of causing lots of drama in that kind of environment.

Yeah I could see Noel being the Villain respectively

BBDodge 29-11-2018 11:30 AM

IAC is more people acting as a team, trying to look good as the show is just a popularity contest.

CBB is a competition and conflict is encouraged. Even with vote to save the housemates see each other as rivals rather than comrades against the hardships of their environment.

That's why Barrowman, for one, said he would never do CBB.