ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Would you like Holly to Present again next year? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352777)

Marsh. 10-12-2018 06:51 PM

They'd make a cute couple I think. Shame they're both married. :hehe:

Jordan. 10-12-2018 06:51 PM

The viewing figures didn't lie, we want Holly

Mitchell 10-12-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10380700)
Wouldn't mind them becoming a trio, but the ant/dec interaction was missing this year and as good as Holly is, she can't do what ant does with dec.

This

Zizu 10-12-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 10380754)
The viewing figures didn't lie, we want Holly

I'd prefer to keep Holly and get someone to work with her ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

saiwong 10-12-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10380650)
Lovely so no second chances for anyone then including Tulisa :whistle:

What did Tulisa do ? I don't understand the negativity towards her, can someone explain ?

hijaxers 10-12-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10380647)
No, she did well as a one off though

I agree can't be doing with all the entourage and the 'whats holly wearing' oh its sold out crap, drivers and bodyguards - she ain't royalty.

Marsh. 10-12-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 10380795)
I agree can't be doing with all the entourage and the 'whats holly wearing' oh its sold out crap, drivers and bodyguards - she ain't royalty.

Yeah because Ant and Dec don't have an entourage.

They don't get driven everywhere all expenses paid.

They don't get dressed by a wardrobe department/stylist.

Oh wait...

Matthew. 10-12-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 10380795)
she ain't royalty.

erm she is! :umm2:

next you’ll be telling me prince phillip isn’t phillip schofield!

rusticgal 10-12-2018 09:01 PM

She was a great stand in...she did a great job..but Ant hopefully will come back.

Jason. 10-12-2018 10:09 PM

I don't know why people overrate Ant & Dec's running gags, it's never something that's stood out to me when watching this show and it plays no factor on whether I enjoy a series or not. :laugh: They're not even that funny, like that 'Dennis Wise is a very small man' gag last year which grew tiresome after Day 3.

It's I'm A Celeb, not Saturday Night Takeaway, who cares about a few jokes made during a link before the ad breaks?

Marsh. 10-12-2018 10:18 PM

Yeah, there's not always been a "running gag" it's only the last couple of years when, IMO, they're short on material. Repeating a gag does not a "running" gag make.

Alf 10-12-2018 10:24 PM

Bring back the guy with the huge forehead.

joeysteele 11-12-2018 06:31 AM

Not bothered.
I'd rather she wasn't as she irritates me and at times I can't make out what she says.

She was a bit better than I thought.

However, I can never see why 2 presenters are needed for this show.
Certainly it doesn't or ever need 3 of them for goodness sake.

I'd rather see more of the celebrities interactions in the camp than have so much time taken up by the daft and unnecessary chatter of multiple presenters.

LeatherTrumpet 11-12-2018 06:58 AM

No id like all three

Strictly Jake 11-12-2018 08:12 AM

If asked this after the first week I would say I defo want Ant back. But in the final week she really came into her own and it would be shame to not have her back. Is there no way she could present with ant n Dec? Extra camp have 3 presenters(although they are all awful imo) and so does Ninja Warrior. It's not unheard of to have 3 presenters

Cherie 11-12-2018 08:40 AM

I have a feeling she might not want to do it again anyway, she didn't look at all comfortable during some of the trials and she is pretty squeamish, will be interesting to see if she would do it again, personally I would rather she didn't given she has loads of other shows and it is Ant and Dec's show, it would be like inserting her between the Chuckle Brothers or Morcambe and Wise, its a double act not a triple act, if anyone was going to do it I would like to see Stephen Mulhern he wouldn't take the trials as seriously as Holly

Jack_ 11-12-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 10380916)
I don't know why people overrate Ant & Dec's running gags, it's never something that's stood out to me when watching this show and it plays no factor on whether I enjoy a series or not. :laugh: They're not even that funny, like that 'Dennis Wise is a very small man' gag last year which grew tiresome after Day 3.

It's I'm A Celeb, not Saturday Night Takeaway, who cares about a few jokes made during a link before the ad breaks?

Half the audience! Ant & Dec’s links are the only good thing about this show, and without them it wouldn’t be half as popular because the actual format is tired. Why do you think they splashed the cash on a big name line up? To account for Ant’s departure, and to their credit it worked

The only reason I still watch is for their links, and I’d be willing to bet that without them both the show would lose about 4-5m viewers, such is their pulling power

Jack_ 11-12-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10380923)
Yeah, there's not always been a "running gag" it's only the last couple of years when, IMO, they're short on material. Repeating a gag does not a "running" gag make.

Not sure I agree with that, they go way back. Like in the early years of 04/05/06 when they had the pet koala/kangaroo in the studio, they did loads of links with them, or Ant’s Eric Bristow impression in 2012, even stuff like “evening Prime Minister” and “I’ll smash your face in” which have become catchphrases in their own right. There’s not one every year, but certainly most

The last great one of course is the Celebrity MasterChef gag, which culminated in the best link of all time (and still goes viral every year)

Mitchell 11-12-2018 11:55 AM

Little Dennis Wise was brilliant too

Jarrod 11-12-2018 12:11 PM

Yup, give Holly the job full time. I get tired of seeing Ant and Dec on the TV half the time anyway, what with SNT and BGT. I like the dynamic between Holly and Dec for this series and I think it came through in the ratings.

Niamh. 11-12-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 10380916)

and tbf as far as I can remember that gag was pretty much all Dec anyway

bitontheslide 11-12-2018 02:52 PM

last years show, i really only watched it for ant and decs banter and them taking the piss out of the celebs, with Holly, it just wasn't the same. Ant and Dec can carry a series even if the celebs are crap

Tony Montana 11-12-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10380982)
No id like all three

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakeyJake10 (Post 10381002)
If asked this after the first week I would say I defo want Ant back. But in the final week she really came into her own and it would be shame to not have her back. Is there no way she could present with ant n Dec? Extra camp have 3 presenters(although they are all awful imo) and so does Ninja Warrior. It's not unheard of to have 3 presenters

Well she's been such a hit that ITV Bosses want her to Return with Ant and Dec Next Year. That would be the perfect Scenario imo

https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/tv-m...n-ant-and-dec/

Tony Montana 11-12-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10381017)
I have a feeling she might not want to do it again anyway, she didn't look at all comfortable during some of the trials and she is pretty squeamish, will be interesting to see if she would do it again, personally I would rather she didn't given she has loads of other shows and it is Ant and Dec's show, it would be like inserting her between the Chuckle Brothers or Morcambe and Wise, its a double act not a triple act, if anyone was going to do it I would like to see Stephen Mulhern he wouldn't take the trials as seriously as Holly

I thought that too, But she's been such a Massive Hit and Has received a Positive Reception and Hugh Praise from Viewers, she'd be Crazy to turn down a chance to return. Seeing as how she had massive shoes to fill and with many people doubting her, she managed to prove them wrong and stepped up to the plate.

All the Positive feedback should give her enough confidence to return.

Zizu 11-12-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10381255)
I thought that too, But she's been such a Massive Hit and Has received a Positive Reception and Hugh Praise from Viewers, she'd be Crazy to turn down a chance to return. Seeing as how she had massive shoes to fill and with many people doubting her, she managed to prove them wrong and stepped up to the plate.

All the Positive feedback should give her enough confidence to return.

Most of her doubters were haters before they'd even seen how she'd even been on screen ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro