ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Netflix, my mom complains lack of change in the movies/series (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352852)

Nicky91 13-12-2018 11:29 AM

Netflix, my mom complains lack of change in the movies/series

lots of the same movies on Netflix you already have seen like 10 or 20 times

why no change in movies a lot more :shrug:

as for series we do like it

me and my dad are following: Lost in Space, The 100, Star Trek Discovery

i am myself following: Supergirl, Riverdale

my mom watches more the detective/drama series

so yeah while we wait for newer seasons from our series we'd love more variation in movies, does anyone else think the same?

LeatherTrumpet 13-12-2018 11:35 AM

we have it but i never watch it as its like sifting through silage to find gold coins

Nicky91 13-12-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10382588)
we have it but i never watch it as its like sifting through silage to find gold coins

we have it more for series, but if there would've been more change/variation in movies it just would be perfect i guess

Marsh. 13-12-2018 01:57 PM

The quality of movies has improved but the selection has never been great.

I only have it for all the TV series.

Mystic Mock 14-12-2018 07:07 AM

It's TV Show selection is it's strength I think.

Toy Soldier 14-12-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10382582)
lots of the same movies on Netflix you already have seen like 10 or 20 times

why no change in movies a lot more :shrug:

as for series we do like it

me and my dad are following: Lost in Space, The 100, Star Trek Discovery

i am myself following: Supergirl, Riverdale

my mom watches more the detective/drama series

so yeah while we wait for newer seasons from our series we'd love more variation in movies, does anyone else think the same?

Interesting that you get Supergirl Nicky, does Netflix in The Netherlands get all the CW stuff? (Arrow, The Flash, The 100, Supernatural etc.)

I know they do in the US but not here in the UK. I think Sky Atlantic might have exclusive rights to those shows in the UK though.

Anyway, just more proof that the UK version of Netflix is the WORST version :joker:. The US Netflix has FAR more content - both shows and movies - and I'd be very tempted to get a US account tbh... but the hassle of hooking up a laptop to the TV to watch Netflix is offputting (and you need to use a proxy, so you can't stream US Netflix directly to Smart TV / PS4 etc).

pontyboi 14-12-2018 11:20 AM

The UK version is absolutely awful. When I was out in America I used Netflix on my own account and it updated hundreds more popular/new films and tv shows.

It really is a waste of money just to watch "some" good tv series and the odd film.

I tend to cancel and renew whenever there's a good series coming up for instance ive cancelled for December and just using Now TV as it has 2 months free Sky Movies and 3 months free Entertainment pass.

Will renew in January purely for Schitts Creek, Santa Clarita Diet And IZombie but will just binge watch those and cancel again.

Nicky91 14-12-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10383167)
Interesting that you get Supergirl Nicky, does Netflix in The Netherlands get all the CW stuff? (Arrow, The Flash, The 100, Supernatural etc.)

I know they do in the US but not here in the UK. I think Sky Atlantic might have exclusive rights to those shows in the UK though.

Anyway, just more proof that the UK version of Netflix is the WORST version :joker:. The US Netflix has FAR more content - both shows and movies - and I'd be very tempted to get a US account tbh... but the hassle of hooking up a laptop to the TV to watch Netflix is offputting (and you need to use a proxy, so you can't stream US Netflix directly to Smart TV / PS4 etc).

yes we get a lot of The CW shows :)

Glenn. 14-12-2018 12:08 PM

I’ve never watched a film on Netflix

Withano 14-12-2018 03:23 PM

If you dont like it, stop paying for it :shrug:

Nicky91 14-12-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10383409)
If you dont like it, stop paying for it :shrug:

we like it for series

Toy Soldier 16-12-2018 01:00 PM

I just looked this up Nicky, you're getting ROBBED!

Netflix US has over 4000 movies
Netflix UK has 3600

... Netflix Netherlands only has 2100 :umm2:. Actually near the bottom of the list :bawling:. Portugal is bottom with 1800.

For TV, US has 1600 shows, UK has about 1450... The Netherlands has under 800. You poor souls, I feel sick! SICK!

Matthew. 16-12-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10384639)
I just looked this up Nicky, you're getting ROBBED!

Netflix US has over 4000 movies
Netflix UK has 3600

... Netflix Netherlands only has 2100 :umm2:. Actually near the bottom of the list :bawling:. Portugal is bottom with 1800.

For TV, US has 1600 shows, UK has about 1450... The Netherlands has under 800. You poor souls, I feel sick! SICK!

she’s a con artist!
http://www.brantsteele.com/images/bi...ity/19/kim.png