ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Us (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353140)

Smithy 25-12-2018 02:32 PM

Us

This looks so good

Amy Jade 25-12-2018 07:07 PM

Looks really good, the movement of the 'clones' is creepy af

Headie 26-12-2018 01:59 PM

Looks incredibly good!! Don't often get excited by trailers but this one was great, hope the wait til release isn't too long.

DrunkerThanMoses 20-02-2019 04:22 PM

Saw the trailer a few days ago and can’t wait for this one

montblanc 20-02-2019 04:23 PM

PERCHED for this!

Tony Montana 20-02-2019 04:24 PM

I still need to watch Get out

JerseyWins 22-02-2019 04:27 AM

Oh yes I've been waiting a WHILE for this one to come out... and yet I just checked and there's still another month until it's in theaters :skull:

montblanc 06-04-2019 04:27 PM

saw this last saturday and it was amazing :love:

confusing, but amazing

montblanc 06-04-2019 04:28 PM

and lupita BETTER get some sort of award for this role because she was incredible

JerseyWins 06-04-2019 04:32 PM

I've not went to go see this in theaters yet even though this was one I was possibly gonna go for.

But I just checked and it's already in pretty good quality on the good ol' Amazon firestick :devil: Might perch it this weekend or next week/end

Headie 06-04-2019 04:34 PM

lemme repost what I posted in the thread I accidentally made in music :laugh:

Finally got to see it yesterday after being SO hyped for this based off the trailer and it didn't disappoint :clap1: I love that there are so many easter eggs and things to analyse.

Who else has seen it? And what did you think about the ending?

Spoiler:

As soon as they showed Adelaide in the therapists office with the mum and dad crying about how she won't talk anymore/they just want their little girl back etc. I just KNEW that Red had switched with her. But then the film had me doubting it throughout and I kept going back and forth between it.

There's SO many theories and additional nuggets of information though about the film and its content, I was up for HOURS last night reading them all and literally had to stop because there was just so many plausible things you wouldn't even notice the first time.

montblanc 06-04-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10498092)
lemme repost what I posted in the thread I accidentally made in music :laugh:

Finally got to see it yesterday after being SO hyped for this based off the trailer and it didn't disappoint :clap1: I love that there are so many easter eggs and things to analyse.

Who else has seen it? And what did you think about the ending?

Spoiler:

As soon as they showed Adelaide in the therapists office with the mum and dad crying about how she won't talk anymore/they just want their little girl back etc. I just KNEW that Red had switched with her. But then the film had me doubting it throughout and I kept going back and forth between it.

There's SO many theories and additional nuggets of information though about the film and its content, I was up for HOURS last night reading them all and literally had to stop because there was just so many plausible things you wouldn't even notice the first time.

god i love the ending my stomach dropped at that part when they were in the therapists office like you said

literally my favorite thing about this movie was that it required me to actual think about it afterwards and i watched it pretty late at night and STILL stayed up to watch theory videos :love:

Spoiler:

and i was shook at the theory of her son being a tether also! like there's so much evidence throughout to support it too!

Headie 06-04-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montblanc (Post 10498095)
god i love the ending my stomach dropped at that part when they were in the therapists office like you said

literally my favorite thing about this movie was that it required me to actual think about it afterwards and i watched it pretty late at night and STILL stayed up to watch theory videos :love:

Spoiler:

and i was shook at the theory of her son being a tether also! like there's so much evidence throughout to support it too!

Spoiler:

I don’t think Jason was a tether though because it wouldn’t make sense for him to be able to control his tether and walk him into the fire. But then again I suppose original Adelaide ended up having to mirror originals red when she got switched so idk.

The reason why his face was burnt was because the magic trick that Jason tried to do but failed worked every time underground so kept burning his face :o

Also Adelaide = a place in Australia aka “down under” :eyes:

And also the thing that shook me the most was the fact that we only really felt sorry for the Tethers when we realised that Red was actually “one of us” I.e an above ground original. Was a nice metaphor for basically saying we don’t care about how the people below us feel until one of us get stripped of their luxuries and has to live a cruddy life. Like we hated Red the whole film until we realised she had been forced to live underground after living above. But then all the people underground were forced to live that way from the start so

Tony Montana 06-04-2019 05:47 PM

I may watch this tomorrow.

Although I haven't even watched Get out yet

DrunkerThanMoses 06-04-2019 06:18 PM

It was okay but a little underwhelmed as probably really excited due to trailer and sadly they put all the good stuff in the trailer but I still enjoyed it. I laughed more than anything but that’s because I was drinking jack Daniels.

Is get out any good as not seen it?

Smithy 06-04-2019 06:20 PM

This literally showed for about a week over here so I missed it :/

Will have to wait till it’s online in HQ I guess :fist:

LaLaLand 06-04-2019 06:41 PM

Is it better than “Get Out”? Because I thought that was total ****.

Amy Jade 06-04-2019 08:35 PM

I wasn't a big fan.

It think it tried too hard to be funny in places like the dad's dialogue made me cringe and although I understood the tether plot it made little sense, yes the clones mirrored the originals movements but are we just going to just accept that only one person for the duration this was happening escaped?

That being said Lupita was superb and the daughter was great too.

Headie 06-04-2019 09:06 PM

The score/soundtrack was absolutely superb as well :clap1: The way they used the I Got 5 On It horror remix in the ballet/fight scene was genius. And the Minnie Ripperton song used at the end as well :love:

The Hands Across America stuff was really creepy, I can't believe it was actually a real thing :laugh:

Headie 07-04-2019 12:46 AM

Ugh, I get chills :flutter:

Barry. 07-04-2019 12:48 AM

Might wait for the blue ray but it looks good.

arista 07-04-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10451744)
I still need to watch Get out

That's a great Movie
a shocker

Lostie! 17-04-2019 04:04 PM

Watched this on Saturday, really enjoyed it. Lupita in particular was phenomenal.

Spoiler:

I was on board with the theory of the doppelgangers being the originals before watching but the Adelaide / Red twist still shocked me, the "good" Adelaide actually being the evil young Adelaide from the flashback and vice versa took me completely by surprise. But it leaves me wondering if she knew all along or if she'd supressed her childhood memories only remembered the truth at the end :think:

Something else I wasn't completely clear on, we see that the Tethered mimic their originals' actions underground, so why did Red / Original Adelaide have to copy Tethered Adelaide's actions? Did them swapping places literally swap which one was in control?

That final shot of all the doppelgangers hand in hand with Les Fleurs playing over it :clap1:

Smithy 29-05-2019 04:27 PM

I watched this last night and I was slightly underwhelmed, the concept was great but the execution wasn’t, which was unfortunate because I LOVED Get Out.

I guessed they had switched when Lupita goes back into the house and kills the twin with the scissors, she found it far too easy to kill and then I figured that it was odd all the other tethers were killing their counterparts whereas her families weren’t I said it to my friend I was watching with and he was like “that makes no sense” and then the reveal happened and I was like :smug:

Niamh. 29-05-2019 07:40 PM

I really enjoyed it, never saw the end coming