ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Ch4HDNews had a report that many are leaving the Labour Party (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353546)

arista 13-01-2019 06:25 PM

Ch4HDNews had a report that many are leaving the Labour Party

As Today the Labour leader
demanded a General Election on Marr BBC1HD.

Many young students are now leaving their Labour party,
all that are leaving Labour are Demanding a 2nd vote

Sign Of The Times

LeatherTrumpet 13-01-2019 06:37 PM

I expect they will come back if Kim Kardashian tells them to?

Northern Monkey 13-01-2019 08:35 PM

Labour’s front bench have somehow,miraculously managed to alienate leavers AND remainers by not taking a clear position on Brexit.

They don’t know what they want.They set six unachievable tests which they wouldn’t even be able to pass themselves,They’ve said they want to be in the (A) customs union and at the same time think they could end free movement which to the EU is cherry picking,oh they’re also leaving a second referendum on the table now too and now they want a GE which will leave us in even worse sh1t than we’re in now.

Just what is their Brexit plan??

So i’m not surprised people are leaving.They look even more incompetent than May which is an extremely hard feat to accomplish.

Toy Soldier 13-01-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 10406978)
Labour’s front bench have somehow,miraculously managed to alienate leavers AND remainers by not taking a clear position on Brexit.

They don’t know what they want.They set six unachievable tests which they wouldn’t even be able to pass themselves,They’ve said they want to be in the (A) customs union and at the same time think they could end free movement which to the EU is cherry picking,oh they’re also leaving a second referendum on the table now too and now they want a GE which will leave us in even worse sh1t than we’re in now.

Just what is their Brexit plan??

So i’m not surprised people are leaving.They look even more incompetent than May which is an extremely hard feat to accomplish.

They made a massive mis-step in going down the "We will respect the referendum result and also Brexit" route, in my opinion, as they've left remainers nowhere in the centre ground to go. They'd be flying right now if they'd declared themselves still pro-remain :shrug:.

Northern Monkey 13-01-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10407003)
They made a massive mis-step in going down the "We will respect the referendum result and also Brexit" route, in my opinion, as they've left remainers nowhere in the centre ground to go. They'd be flying right now if they'd declared themselves still pro-remain :shrug:.

Yep,They’d have taken the Lib Dem voters with them too.

Problem is they know Corbyn couldn’t pull it off.Choking on his words in disgust whenever he says “we want to remain in the EU”

Toy Soldier 13-01-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 10407025)
Yep,They’d have taken the Lib Dem voters with them too.

Problem is they know Corbyn couldn’t pull it off.Choking on his words in disgust whenever he says “we want to remain in the EU”

Corbyn is dead in the water. They need a younger, charismatic leader and a fresh lick of paint, sensible policies, and a move away from pantomime politics. The Tories are so weak right now, in utter chaos, it's laughable that Labour hasn't managed to take advantage.

Oliver_W 13-01-2019 09:39 PM

The content of the o.p. on its own is a bit meaningless, and "many" isn't quantified - I'm sure "many" people are constantly leaving and joining the main two parties.

But I know what it means, and the shine has come off Corbyn a bit - during the snap election period he seemed (to some) to be a credible PM candidate, especially when they thought he was a remainer. But he's since settled down to somewhere admittedly above the joke he was before the GE, but the Corbyn Train has run out of coal.