ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Covington Catholic School (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353757)

Alf 24-01-2019 08:43 AM

Covington Catholic School

Biggest story of the week and not one thread about it. This forum goes to sh1t when I'm not here.

Cherie 24-01-2019 08:49 AM

A link would be good?

Alf 24-01-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10417748)
A link would be good?

Exactly, not 1 posted all week, Arista is losing his touch if you ask me.

Toy Soldier 24-01-2019 09:23 AM

Yuck. I've just read up on it but I'm not getting my hands dirty by posting a link. Bunch of silly children being hailed as champions over a load of nonsense and now yet more mind-numbing Trump tweets about it. No thanks. It's hardly the biggest story of the week Alf, it's painful trash journalism at its worst.

Google this if you want folks but I all but guarantee it will ruin your day and lower your faith in western politics even further.

Livia 24-01-2019 09:24 AM

Those rich white boys were taunting a Native American. And their rich parents hired lawyers and publicists and media "experts"...

So the main focus of this story is twofold: 1) No one cares about Native Americans... what claim have they got on the USA anyway? and 2) So long as you've got enough money, we can spin your ridiculous racist, entitled, abhorrent self to look what passes for normal.

Toy Soldier 24-01-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10417764)
Those rich white boys were taunting a Native American. And their rich parents hired lawyers and publicists and media "experts"...

So the main focus of this story is twofold: 1) No one cares about Native Americans... what claim have they got on the USA anyway? and 2) So long as you've got enough money, we can spin your ridiculous racist, entitled, abhorrent self to look what passes for normal.

And now there's Trump making out that these boys are actually the victims who have been misrepresented and bullied by the media, and talking about inviting them to the Whitehouse like national heroes.

I'm not even saying that they're "villains" but they're daft kids who were being immature and disrespectful... they should be being hauled in by their school and told that... told to apologize... and that should pretty much be the end of it.

It is indeed their parents and other high-profile adults who have decided to laud them as champions and created this circus.

Livia 24-01-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417768)
And now there's Trump making out that these boys are actually the victims who have been misrepresented and bullied by the media, and talking about inviting them to the Whitehouse like national heroes.

I'm not even saying that they're "villains" but they're daft kids who were being immature and disrespectful... they should be being hauled in by their school and told that... told to apologize... and that should pretty much be the end of it.

It is indeed their parents and other high-profile adults who have decided to laud them as champions and created this circus.

What is all this agreeing I'm doing with you today. Am I dying or something??

Toy Soldier 24-01-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10417769)
What is all this agreeing I'm doing with you today. Am I dying or something??

I personally blame Marsh.

Niamh. 24-01-2019 09:50 AM

I heard nothing about this story at all, was it really the biggest story of the week? :suspect:

Alf 24-01-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417763)
Yuck. I've just read up on it but I'm not getting my hands dirty by posting a link. Bunch of silly children being hailed as champions over a load of nonsense and now yet more mind-numbing Trump tweets about it. No thanks. It's hardly the biggest story of the week Alf, it's painful trash journalism at its worst.

Google this if you want folks but I all but guarantee it will ruin your day and lower your faith in western politics even further.

How the hell did Trump make it into your first paragraph?

Alf 24-01-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417768)

4th word in this time.

Toy Soldier 24-01-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10417780)
I heard nothing about this story at all, was it really the biggest story of the week? :suspect:

I think it's been big in the US (mainly because they're wearing Trump hats so of course Trump got involved!) but it's not exactly international news...

Toy Soldier 24-01-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10417781)
How the hell did Trump make it into your first paragraph?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10417783)
4th word in this time.

Trump is a major part of the story, as they're wearing MAGA hats and he's been tweeting about it constantly and is the reason it's gained mass media attention? If they weren't wearing MAGA hats the video wouldn't have gone viral in the first place. Have YOU been following the story, Alf? :think: If you have how can you think it's not a Trump story?

Alf 24-01-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417784)
I think it's been big in the US (mainly because they're wearing Trump hats so of course Trump got involved!) but it's not exactly international news...

You did them 2 on purpose didn't you?

Niamh. 24-01-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417784)

Trump loves a good old racist

Niamh. 24-01-2019 09:56 AM

tbf when I googled the story Trump was mentioned in the first paragraph and MAGA the first line.........

Alf 24-01-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417786)
Trump is a major part of the story, as they're wearing MAGA hats and he's been tweeting about it constantly and is the reason it's gained mass media attention? If they weren't wearing MAGA hats the video wouldn't have gone viral in the first place. Have YOU been following the story, Alf? :think: If you have how can you think it's not a Trump story?

He was actually very late to tweet about it (days) , infact people where asking why he hadn't tweeted and he hasn't tweeted more than once about it to my knowledge (I could be wrong on that)

LeatherTrumpet 24-01-2019 10:00 AM

Thank goodness Alf is on the ball this week, Iv been off looking after me old mum so missed this

Niamh. 24-01-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10417796)
Thank goodness Alf is on the ball this week, Iv been off looking after me old mum so missed this

How is she?

Livia 24-01-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417776)
I personally blame Marsh.

Well, Marshy is my go-to bloke for blame, so... we agree again!

Alf 24-01-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10417790)
tbf when I googled the story Trump was mentioned in the first paragraph and MAGA the first line.........

Of course, the mainstream media hate him, and they're the headlines you're gonna see. But the only link to Trump in this story is that he looks to be proved right when he says that the media is just fake news.

Toy Soldier 24-01-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10417793)
He was actually very late to tweet about it (days) , infact people where asking why he hadn't tweeted and he hasn't tweeted more than once about it to my knowledge (I could be wrong on that)

This is the image / video thumbnail that has been representing this story since it went viral;

http://i66.tinypic.com/25uik54.jpg

The fact that the kids are wearing MAGA hats is a major focus and the main reason that the video went viral at all. MAGA hats / the entire MAGA slogan and campaign are inextricably linked with Trump's presidency.

It's a Trump story, there's just no way around that.

Toy Soldier 24-01-2019 10:07 AM

I'm pretty sure the kid in the middle and his pal with the phone have escaped from a 1st division football crowd though :hehe:

Liam- 24-01-2019 10:08 AM

The smug look on that kids face though, it’s like looking at a random Trump spawn ugh

Niamh. 24-01-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10417804)
This is the image / video thumbnail that has been representing this story since it went viral;

http://i66.tinypic.com/25uik54.jpg

The fact that the kids are wearing MAGA hats is a major focus and the main reason that the video went viral at all. MAGA hats / the entire MAGA slogan and campaign are inextricably linked with Trump's presidency.

It's a Trump story, there's just no way around that.

mmm wearing the hats kind of represents, imo, the fact that kids think now it's ok to be a racist **** because the President says so. "Make America Great Again" seems to stand for get the dirty immigrants out............although he'd want to check his history with this one