ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Just had my upper wisdom tooth out. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354253)

Nancy. 12-02-2019 10:29 AM

Just had my upper wisdom tooth out.

Just been to see the oral surgeon to have my wisdom tooth removed and I am so glad it's over. It only took about 15 minutes and most of that time was waiting for the anesthetic to kick in. Now i'm sitting here dying to have a cuppa, but wouldn't want to stop the healing process and dislodge the blood clot.

Anybody else had theirs out and what was your experience?

Niamh. 12-02-2019 10:32 AM

None of mine ever came through which is just as well because I have no room for them anyway. You sound very relaxed about it, not too bad then?

Nancy. 12-02-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10441697)
None of mine ever came through which is just as well because I have no room for them anyway. You sound very relaxed about it, not too bad then?

Hi Niamh,

You're lucky in that sense because mine has been a nightmare for a while and it was infected.

I'm quite relaxed now that it's out, but can feel the pain slowly kicking in. Plenty of Nurofen and Ibuprofen on hand so hopefully it won't be so bad.

I'm gagging for food and drink more than anything else.

Niamh. 12-02-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10441705)
Hi Niamh,

You're lucky in that sense because mine has been a nightmare for a while and it was infected.

I'm quite relaxed now that it's out, but can feel the pain slowly kicking in. Plenty of Nurofen and Ibuprofen on hand so hopefully it won't be so bad.

I'm gagging for food and drink more than anything else.

How long do you have to wait before you eat?

Wizard. 12-02-2019 10:51 AM

My bottom ones are coming through now and they’re a fookin nightmare the gum is just split open

Nancy. 12-02-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10441706)
How long do you have to wait before you eat?

About 3-4 hours, but only soft foods like soup etc.

I thought I was gonna be ok, but the pain kicked in a few hours ago so i'm going to take some medication and have a few hours sleep. Not sure if I can stand this, tbh. lol.

LaLaLand 12-02-2019 04:53 PM

I might elect to have mine out soon, my top 2, they're through but they're "in the way".

I had 4 teeth out in September though so I feel your pain with wanting to eat after it :laugh2:

Barry. 12-02-2019 04:55 PM

I had my bottom ones removed but needed to get put to sleep as I struggled with the first one. I feel much better having them out. I used to bite my own gums and they would bleed.

AnnieK 12-02-2019 04:56 PM

I never got them.....but have had other extractions. Nancy, did they warn you not to have anything spicy? Hope the pain subsides

Nancy. 12-02-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnii (Post 10442030)
I might elect to have mine out soon, my top 2, they're through but they're "in the way".

I had 4 teeth out in September though so I feel your pain with wanting to eat after it :laugh2:

Omg, Did you have them all out in one go?
You must've been in agony.

Nancy. 12-02-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10442039)
I never got them.....but have had other extractions. Nancy, did they warn you not to have anything spicy? Hope the pain subsides

Thanks Annie.
Well, they gave me a list of information on how to take care of it and what to eat etc, but I cannot see anything about spicy foods, but thanks, i'll make sure to avoid them. So far i've only had a bowl of warm soup (sucked through a straw) I started to laugh at the absurdity of it all but the pain wouldn't even let me do that.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :joker:

LaLaLand 12-02-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10442042)
Omg, Did you have them all out in one go?
You must've been in agony.

Yeah 4 out, a few white fillings and the gap in the front teeth filled, took like 20 minutes in total. I do brush my teeth btw I was just on medication for a long time that rotted them! :omgno:

Wasn't painful at all during, just feels like you've been punched the next day. Worst part is the bleeding! I had it done early afternoon and by midnight had emptied a full box of tissues spitting blood :skull:.

Cherie 12-02-2019 05:06 PM

hope you feel better soon Nancy...anything to do with teeth is never painless

Nancy. 12-02-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10442037)
I had my bottom ones removed but needed to get put to sleep as I struggled with the first one. I feel much better having them out. I used to bite my own gums and they would bleed.

How long ago did you get them out?

Nancy. 12-02-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10442060)
hope you feel better soon Nancy...anything to do with teeth is never painless

Aww, thank you, Cherie. :hee:

Going to sleep now, but I really hope this pain eases up, otherwise i'll be like a bear with a sore head for the next couple of days. :laugh:

Nancy. 12-02-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnii (Post 10442058)
Yeah 4 out, a few white fillings and the gap in the front teeth filled, took like 20 minutes in total.

Wasn't painful at all during, just feels like you've been punched the next day. Worst part is the bleeding! I had it done early afternoon and by midnight had emptied a full box of tissues spitting blood :skull:.

OMG!! D:

AnnieK 12-02-2019 05:20 PM

I think a lot of the pain is from the pressure they have to use to get them out, when I had a bottom one removed,the dentist more or less had his knee on my chest to get it pulled. My jaw ached for about a week afterwards.

smudgie 12-02-2019 05:42 PM

Sounds horrific for some of you.
Fortunately I took the first two out myself, the other two came out no bother at the dentists.
The worst part of it all was my phobia of dentist, hence taking the first two out myself.

bitontheslide 12-02-2019 06:19 PM

My dentist produced a hammer when he was taking out my wisdom teeth, didn't half give me a shock, but it sure got them out quick enough :laugh:

Barry. 12-02-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10442061)
How long ago did you get them out?

About three years ago, I still got my top ones though.

Liam- 12-02-2019 06:25 PM

When I had a scan when I was having a root canal done, I was told that I didn’t have any wisdom teeth at all, I’m kinda glad having read some of the stories in here :worry:

Nancy. 13-02-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10442091)
I think a lot of the pain is from the pressure they have to use to get them out, when I had a bottom one removed,the dentist more or less had his knee on my chest to get it pulled. My jaw ached for about a week afterwards.

Good heavens, that sounds horrendous, Annie.

Are you still with the same dentist or did he scare you into going elsewhere?

I woke up about an hour ago, and feel so much better already. The information they gave ne says I can start using salt water on the extraction site, so I hope I don't accidently dislodge the blood clot that formed. I've heard lots of stories about pain with dry socket's, so i'll be taking extra precautions when cleaning the area.

Nancy. 13-02-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10442226)
When I had a scan when I was having a root canal done, I was told that I didn’t have any wisdom teeth at all, I’m kinda glad having read some of the stories in here :worry:

I've heard all sorts of horror stories from people who've had that done, so how were you with yours? Were you ok, or did they have to extract it in the end?

GoldHeart 13-02-2019 01:44 PM

I know dentist procedures can be a pain literally and worrying .

So hopefully it will heal soon, but I wont be watching that video you posted :skull:

AnnieK 13-02-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10443375)
Good heavens, that sounds horrendous, Annie.

Are you still with the same dentist or did he scare you into going elsewhere?

I woke up about an hour ago, and feel so much better already. The information they gave ne says I can start using salt water on the extraction site, so I hope I don't accidently dislodge the blood clot that formed. I've heard lots of stories about pain with dry socket's, so i'll be taking extra precautions when cleaning the area.

I've had loads of work done on my teeth since I had an accident when I was younger so dental treatments don't bother me at all. I can cope with the pain as I've had worse in the past :laugh:

The opticians on the other hand is a different matter - I am a nervous wreck having my eyes tested - I know it doesn't hurt but that optician is far too up in my personal space :laugh: