ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   AS4 Episode 10 - Super Queen (Grand Finale) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354353)

Scoot 16-02-2019 02:00 AM

AS4 Episode 10 - Super Queen (Grand Finale)

Post your thoughts here girlies

My thoughts
Spoiler:

A tie? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what an absolute ****show I can’t. Just kill her, she’s dead.
Had they even filmed a tie ending? Because the editing made that seem like the most sloppy, last minute decision ever. :laugh:
Overall a pretty mediocre episode, I didn’t really feel it. I was hoping Monique would pull out a surprise win but I guess not.

Moniqua 16-02-2019 02:07 AM

Shaun 16-02-2019 04:59 AM

The song sucked, and the remix of it was HORRIFIC.
The performance was blah. They were all fine but Todrick's choreography is just so samey and underwhelming.
The finale looks were...okay? I liked Trinity's, Monique's was nice but simple, Monet's didn't really wow me and the colour of the wig was a little off? And Naomi's was great until she took off the train; after that it looked pretty gross.

The editing for the crowning was an absolute joke lmao.

And as much as I love her... the idea that Monet has a crown when Shangela/Manila/Shea don't is just...amusing. She never had a WOW moment this season. Of her three wins:
- The makeover challenge was nice but it was a **** challenge and she followed it with a dud of a lipsync.
- I can't remember anything of her character for the Girlbands challenge, something about a calculator? Idk. She also sucked at the Into You lipsync.
- Her roast was good but not Alaska/Jinkx/Coco/Peppermint good. At least the Manila lipsync was cute.

I dunno... I love Monet, love Trinity, love Monique/Manila/Latrice/Jasmine... but this was such a bad season to showcase their talents. Piss-poor challenges with the exception of Jersey Justice and the roast, and too many crap twists. Only the lipsyncs were worth the time and even then just half of them. I guess that's what bothers me the most: they're all super talented queens and full of personality (except Naomi :idc:) but they've just been produced and edited in such a bland, lifeless way.

Captain.Remy 16-02-2019 05:22 AM

tbh I'm ok with the results. Trinity deserved it for her whole performance, while Monet has the best personality and the most relatable one too.
But that Super Queen remix was heinous! wtf!

Underscore 16-02-2019 08:27 AM

omg I am GAGGED

this twist nearly finished me off I swear my heart was about to fail

Daniel-X 16-02-2019 09:48 AM

What a terrible end to a terrible season. Trinity was the rightful winner out of the final four but the fact she’s tied with Monet has sort of nullified her win. Couldn’t agree with Shaun more again on Monét and her track record in AS4, she has NOT proved herself worthy of winning.

This season was Manila’s to lose, it started off strong and just lost its way about halfway through. The last three episodes in particular have been some of the worst in Drag Race Herstory.

lewis111 16-02-2019 10:33 AM

I don’t even care about the results because that editing of the crowning was AWFUL!! So embarrassing to watch
Surely they should’ve just liked called them back if they needed a tie that bad

Love Trinity and Monet so I’m happy they both won even if Trinity deserved it a lot more, I’m sure Monet will do a lot with the title and be very successful outside of the show

Smithy 16-02-2019 10:45 AM

That dubbing was ****ing AWFUL :skull:

I’m surprised bc normally for all stars they don’t normally film multiple endings, so I wonder why they did this year?

Monet should be allowed another picture for the hall of fame bc that one is ducking awful

RileyH 16-02-2019 10:49 AM

lmao what a tragic ending.

Smithy 16-02-2019 10:51 AM

Is there a reunion next week or is there just a week break before S11?

Smithy 16-02-2019 11:08 AM

:skull: Trinity’s reaction is a scream

lewis111 16-02-2019 11:17 AM

Trinity did seem to be a little happier when she realised they both got 100k but if she was pissed then rightfully so

reece(: 16-02-2019 12:09 PM

That editing of the winner announcement im ****ing SCREAMINg :joker::joker::joker::joker:

Tom4784 16-02-2019 02:27 PM

It was a really half-assed outcome and one that didn't make too much sense as there's no justification for a tie between Monet and Trinity. Trinity was outright better in most regards. I'd have been more receptive to this if it had been Monique and Trinity since I think they've both had similar track records and I generally think Monique had a better run this season. That would have been a tie I'd get behind but this just feels.... bleh.

Oh well, they're all second place to Manila, let's be real.

Scoot 16-02-2019 03:03 PM

Manila was gone and there was no fan favourite so Ru didn’t know what to do? :joker:

Shaun 16-02-2019 04:01 PM

All the justification for Monet winning has been that she did better than Trinity in the live performance and the final lipsync. If that's the case, Kennedy should have won over Trixie, because she destroyed her in both :idc:

Smithy 16-02-2019 04:23 PM

They obv crowned Monet bc of the online backlash about so many white queens winning, but for the past two AS seasons that’s been other queens faults, not Ru/the producers

UserSince2005 16-02-2019 04:55 PM

Yes they needed a black winner. Too be honest I was surprised of a tie. I thought Monet was the winner. Even though trinity did so much better

Shaun 16-02-2019 05:29 PM

The only enjoyable moment (besides Carson's quip about being a Scorpio):

Although the whole moment with Chad & Trixie stood there was awkward af, and just embarrassing that they tried to pull a "....who are these 3 queens turned around???? :o" moment.

Saph 17-02-2019 09:52 AM

Trinity was done dirty having to share her win with basic ass Monet..

Nicky91 17-02-2019 09:53 AM

Trinity :cheer2: :cheer2:

but yeah Monet also delivered in the final, so this was a good outcome :)

Withano 17-02-2019 10:06 AM

****. Hated trinity, the crowning ruined the franchise a bit.

Smithy 17-02-2019 01:08 PM

Think we can all agree it’s no coincidence that the entertainment left with Valentina this season :idc:

reece(: 17-02-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10447401)
Think we can all agree it’s no coincidence that the entertainment left with Gia this season :idc:

Tea

Scoot 18-02-2019 03:44 PM

LalapaRuza killed the momentum the season had tbh
It still had a few good moments but some of the flavour was definitely gone after that.

I just don’t get why they clearly didn’t film a tie ending? I swear they do most of the time (at least I know they did with s6, AS3 and I think s10? May be wrong on that one)
Like 99% of the embarrassment of the result comes from it being so clearly last minute.