ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Why is BB19 disliked so much on here? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355022)

Elliot 14-03-2019 08:36 AM

Honestly housemate wise bb19 wasn’t THAT bad but any of the housemates that could’ve redeemed this series were given no room to breathe amongst all the Lewis f and Cameron attention seeking. I don’t think 2 individual housemates have been so dominant in a series, and it doesn’t help they’re incredibly fake and transparent yet are bound to do well (one being a conventionally attractive Male and ‘entertaining’, the other being the awkward gay best friend /both archetypes consistently do well on this show considering the demographic). So many of the casting decisions were so predictable too, for example the two bear rip offs in Lewis g and Hussain. Instead of letting drama transpire c5 series are incredibly plastic and manipulative compared to c4 series and bb19 didn’t deviate from that with its casting decisions and manipulative storylines, like that god awful coming out episode that’s easily a top 5 worst episode. Didn’t help we had that dog**** format that became obnoxious by the time the series was over. I think this is the first time I genuinely didn’t enjoy watching big brother

That being said, I’m glad there’s people that enjoy it and got more out of it than I did. Tomasz, anamelia, sian, Kay and akeem were all good housemates too and although I’m sad they were wasted on this awful series that bombed in ratings I’m glad we got to see them on at least one.

Tony Montana 14-03-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodie. (Post 10477452)
You haven’t even asked any questions my love sksjs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10476830)
1. Name me 5 diary room convos being played back

2. I challenge you to name me 5 arguments that were designed to cause conflict from the producers that succeeded

You were saying?

Rob! 14-03-2019 02:24 PM

Because people have no taste.

Jodie. 14-03-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10477504)
Honestly housemate wise bb19 wasn’t THAT bad but any of the housemates that could’ve redeemed this series were given no room to breathe amongst all the Lewis f and Cameron attention seeking. I don’t think 2 individual housemates have been so dominant in a series, and it doesn’t help they’re incredibly fake and transparent yet are bound to do well (one being a conventionally attractive Male and ‘entertaining’, the other being the awkward gay best friend /both archetypes consistently do well on this show considering the demographic). So many of the casting decisions were so predictable too, for example the two bear rip offs in Lewis g and Hussain. Instead of letting drama transpire c5 series are incredibly plastic and manipulative compared to c4 series and bb19 didn’t deviate from that with its casting decisions and manipulative storylines, like that god awful coming out episode that’s easily a top 5 worst episode. Didn’t help we had that dog**** format that became obnoxious by the time the series was over. I think this is the first time I genuinely didn’t enjoy watching big brother

That being said, I’m glad there’s people that enjoy it and got more out of it than I did. Tomasz, anamelia, sian, Kay and akeem were all good housemates too and although I’m sad they were wasted on this awful series that bombed in ratings I’m glad we got to see them on at least one.

Again thank you for a proper response :)
I think most of it would depend on if you liked Lewis F/Cameron or not

Jodie. 14-03-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10477690)
You were saying?

That’s not a FOOKING question
It’s a statement from you

Ant. 14-03-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brat. (Post 10476733)
it was boring as fook there was no stand out arguments, no hilarious arguments / outburts, no funny diary room entries, literally ****E ALL, and the worst boot order, ah almost gave up watching ha

this

the only thing cute about it was how structured it was

Tony Montana 14-03-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodie. (Post 10477723)
That’s not a FOOKING question
It’s a statement from you

There you go again, deflecting my post. I give up

Enjoy your precious BB19 sweetie

Jodie. 14-03-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10477727)
There you go again, deflecting my post. I give up

Enjoy your precious BB19 sweetie

I most certainly will my love!

Ant. 14-03-2019 02:32 PM

like it certainly wasn't one of the worst but it's certainly in the lower half for me. The first highlights show hadme in stitches and I think if it was somewhat consistent with the quality of the first night I woud've enjoyed it more but it just didn't and it's a shame

kingston 15-03-2019 12:18 PM

Poor taste

aaronneely2017 24-03-2019 11:42 AM

I agree that it was a brilliant series and something ive been looking for in Big Brother Series for a while. The previous two series i didnt really enjoy hated how they were both produced and 16 tbh.
BB19 gave us in my opinion the best c5 launch night ever it felt so c4!
The series itself was perfectly produced, the game changer, big coins and the auction on saturday was brilliant too!
I would however agree on what one person did say Lewis f and Cameron do dominate the series and you loving or hating them would determine what you thought of the series. I loved them both and they are lovely people irl.
I personally loved this series as it was in many ways a breath of fresh air especially production wise!

Daniel-X 24-03-2019 11:56 AM

It didn’t even feel like Big Brother, it was a really poor ending to the show tbh. Kay and Anamelia were great but other than that the rest of the cast sucked. Zoe, Cameron, Lewis G and Lewis F are four of the worst housemates of all time. Brooke, Isabella, Cian, Kenaley and Sian are among the most forgettable. Just an absolute **** show tbh.

Daniel-X 24-03-2019 11:58 AM

I gave up watching properly after Kay left, but did dip back in and out only because it was the final series. Any other time I would’ve stopped watching altogether.

Vicky. 24-03-2019 12:05 PM

IMO it had potential, but the productions decision to revolve everything around Lewis' tantrums ruined it massively for me, I know they always seem to favour one or a couple of HMs, but this really was something else.

Them opening the to win lines to make sure Lewis was not evicted, then having to eject him anyway was ****ing hilarious though.

JerseyWins 24-03-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel-X (Post 10485798)
Zoe, Cameron, Lewis G and Lewis F are four of the worst housemates of all time.

https://im-01.gifer.com/CWju.gif

Elliot 24-03-2019 02:55 PM

Lewis g isn’t that bad. In fact some of his stints after big brother were a scream!

Tony Montana 24-03-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10485881)
Lewis g isn’t that bad. In fact some of his stints after big brother were a scream!

He was low-key a scream at times

Mystic Mock 24-03-2019 03:31 PM

For me personally I feel that the year was too revolved around Lewis F and that nobody else really got as much of a looking on the highlights. And with all due respect to Lewis F fans I did find a lot of you nightmarish throughout the series with the constant saintly edit of events in Lewis F's favour, demonising anybody that didn't like Lewis F, even to the point where Housemates were being called inbred and rapists just because they didn't like Lewis F.

Basically a nightmare fan base meets blatant favourtism towards said Housemate put me off him and the year as a whole.

I've calmed down now that it's over obviously, and I do get along with a lot of Lewis F fans on here away from the BB19 discussions, but tbh at the time I felt like I was gonna pull my hair out when debating with some of them and I don't enjoy feeling like that when watching a programme.

Amy Jade 24-03-2019 03:54 PM

Anamelia and Kay were taken FAR too early and the latter was bullied out of the house by psycho Lewis F.

The secret nomination from the public was a cute idea but it turned sour pretty quick, I would have remembered it better had it been for only one or two weeks and Kenny being a victim of it was dire, she deserved better. I did enjoy the tasks to save yourself though and wished they had just put three up from noms rather rely on the public.

Cameron is awful too, sorry but he only won because he came out on the show, which I believe was a tactic. He was a boring, sour faced hypocrite who did sod all but moan and treated Lewis F like a god.

Later in the series only Sian kept me watching. Almost every episode was Lewis F being a prick, Cameron excusing his ****ty behaviour and a minute or so of the other housemates and 90% of that was manipulation by production to make other housemates look bad. Tomasz edit was so bad it was clear Cameroid and the arsonist were the prefered winner.

Amy Jade 24-03-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10485922)
with all due respect to Lewis F fans I did find a lot of you nightmarish throughout the series with the constant saintly edit of events in Lewis F's favour, demonising anybody that didn't like Lewis F, even to the point where Housemates were being called inbred and rapists just because they didn't like Lewis F.

Wasn't going to mention this but the night Akeem was accused of being a rapist was a low point. The fact the person who said it wasn't even banned was shocking.

On par with the year Lateysha was on and forum members wanted her child taken off her and every single night was full of jibes about her weight.

Mystic Mock 24-03-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10485941)
Wasn't going to mention this but the night Akeem was accused of being a rapist was a low point. The fact the person who said it wasn't even banned was shocking.

On par with the year Lateysha was on and forum members wanted her child taken off her and every single night was full of jibes about her weight.

The fact that the member wasn't banned for that comment does still annoy me a little bit tbh. I'm shocked that anybody would make that comment about a BB Housemate.

I do remember Lateysha getting quite bad, in particular I never liked the jibes about her as a parent as that's a very personal comment to make about someone that you hardly know imo.

Matthew. 24-03-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10485922)
And with all due respect to Lewis F fans I did find a lot of you nightmarish throughout the series with the constant saintly edit of events in Lewis F's favour, demonising anybody that didn't like Lewis F, even to the point where Housemates were being called inbred and rapists just because they didn't like Lewis F.

The sad part is that this is really accurate, and I say this as a fan of Lewis F (but not one of those fans :hehe:)