ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   IT: Chapter Two (Sept '19) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355461)

LaLaLand 03-04-2019 02:34 AM

IT: Chapter Two (Sept '19)

The trailer for this is dropping any day now so I thought it'd be good to make a thread seeing as this is undoubtedly going to be as big a hit as Chapter One.

Quote:

"Twenty-seven years after the events of the summer of 1989, IT returns.
The Losers' Club fulfill their promises and return to Derry to put an end to the evil being once and for all.
Unbeknownst to them, It has returned, stronger and crueler than ever."

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rTwoTeaser.jpg

Cast:

1. Bill Skarsgård as IT/"Pennywise the Dancing Clown"
2. James McAvoy as Bill Denbrough - Jaeden Martell as Young Bill
3. Jessica Chastain as Beverly Marsh - Sophia Lillis as Young Beverly
4. Jay Ryan as Ben Hanscom - Jeremy Ray Taylor as Young Ben
5. Bill Hader as Richie Tozier - Finn Wolfhard as Young Richie
6. Isaiah Mustafa as Mike Hanlon - Chosen Jacobs as Young Mike
7. James Ransone as Eddie Kaspbrak - Jack Dylan Grazer as Young Eddie
8. Andy Bean as Stan Uris - Wyatt Oleff as Young Stan
9. Teach Grant as Henry Bowers
10. Jess Weixler as Audra Phillips
11. Will Beinbrink as Tom Rogan
12. Xavier Dolan as Adrian Mellon
13. Jake Weary as John "Webby" Garton
14. Javier Botet as TBA (reportedly a new form of IT)

Good to see the young Losers Club returning for new scenes in Chapter Two. Great castings for the "grown up" Losers too. :clap2:

LaLaLand 03-04-2019 02:47 AM

Fan-made this but it just shows the good casting in terms of appearance for the Losers:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/6f0fc18f...45o8o1_400.jpg

JerseyWins 03-04-2019 03:28 AM

I'm here for watching an IT 2 but not thrilled for it.

For some reason I feel like it could be even worse with adult characters :laugh:

LaLaLand 03-04-2019 03:42 AM

I have a feeling it'll be much more "gory" than the first, just because it's all adults involved now.

Apparently the trailer includes the new take on the scene where Beverly returns to her childhood home and encounters "the old lady" :skull:.

The scene in the "original [TV] movie":

Amy Jade 03-04-2019 04:41 AM

I hope it is good as the 1st was fantastic. My only worry of the cast is Bill Hader I can't bare him

Oliver_W 03-04-2019 02:44 PM

Pumped!

Tony Montana 03-04-2019 02:44 PM

Perched as **** for this :dance::cheer2:

Tony Montana 03-04-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10494048)
I hope it is good as the 1st was fantastic. My only worry of the cast is Bill Hader I can't bare him

I can't stand Hader too, but I think he could pull off Richie.

montblanc 03-04-2019 02:47 PM

really excited for this as i really enjoyed the first one

didn't know they were gonna be adults though :suspect:

Tony Montana 03-04-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montblanc (Post 10494327)
really excited for this as i really enjoyed the first one

didn't know they were gonna be adults though :suspect:

It happens in the book and the original tv series too unfortunately.

I would've preferred it if they just focused on the kids too tbh. They were fantastic.

Tony Montana 03-04-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10494039)
Fan-made this but it just shows the good casting in terms of appearance for the Losers:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/6f0fc18f...45o8o1_400.jpg

That is amazing:love: :clap2:

Toy Soldier 03-04-2019 03:56 PM

James McAvoy is everywhere these days innit.

Tony Montana 03-04-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10494448)

He’s a great actor

JerseyWins 03-04-2019 05:10 PM

Why did so many people like the first one so much? It was alright but not for how much hype it had around it :shrug: Pretty disappointing for me

JerseyWins 03-04-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10494448)

Great actor though :clap1: Promising for this alone

Tony Montana 04-04-2019 06:14 PM

First trailer was released at CinemaCon and apparently it was ''terrifying''

Quote:

Warner Bros. unveiled the first footage for the movie at CinemaCon. The footage began with an extended scene featuring Chastain’s Beverly ringing the doorbell to her old apartment. An older lady answers the door and informs Bev that her father is dead. Inside the apartment, Bev receives a poem postcard as the older woman begins to act strangely and sweat. “You know what they say about Derry?” the woman asks Bev. “No one who dies here really dies.” The lady reveals a scar on her chest and appears naked in the kitchen. The lady runs at Bev as the trailer cuts away to a montage of the other characters, Pennywise floating with balloons, and a final shot of Pennywise popping out to say “hello” to a young kid.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/it...in-1202055262/

Oliver_W 06-04-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Inside the apartment, Bev receives a poem postcard as the older woman begins to act strangely and sweat. “You know what they say about Derry?” the woman asks Bev. “No one who dies here really dies.” The lady reveals a scar on her chest and appears naked in the kitchen. The lady runs at Bev as the trailer cuts away to a montage of the other characters
Sounds shit. You just know the running will be accompanied by a "scary" music cue. Don't the filmmakers understand what made the scene so effective in the book and miniseries - Bev slowly realising something wasn't quite right was creepy and unsettling. Making so blatant is just ... wrong

Jake. 06-04-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10497654)
Sounds shit. You just know the running will be accompanied by a "scary" music cue. Don't the filmmakers understand what made the scene so effective in the book and miniseries - Bev slowly realising something wasn't quite right was creepy and unsettling. Making so blatant is just ... wrong

I mean, it’s part of the trailer? The scene itself in the film could last for about 5 minutes for all we know.

Toy Soldier 06-04-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Describes everything that was wrong with the first film. They abandonned the building tension and dread in favour of jumpscares. Boring.

Oliver_W 06-04-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10497743)
Describes everything that was wrong with the first film. They abandonned the building tension and dread in favour of jumpscares. Boring.

Yup. To be fair, in the book there was a "spooky house" bit, but they
Spoiler:

went there to kill the werewolf. They succeeded, and It couldn't take that form anymore, and the house lost its spookiness because It couldn't go there

It was more jumpy and actiony rather than being creepy, and would have worked fine in a Modern Horror Movie(tm) as it was.

andybigbro 06-04-2019 01:13 PM

I am looking forward to this :D

daniel-lewis-1985 06-04-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

I have to agree with this. I really hope the whole movie isn't just jump scares like the first. I did enjoy the first movie but it was missing that sense of tension and dread that made the tv series so good.

LaLaLand 08-04-2019 10:36 PM

All I know is, NOTHING will top the projector scene from Chapter One in terms of sheer audience terror.

Every single person in that cinema absolutely shat themselves, me included :laugh2:

Tony Montana 09-04-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10501130)
All I know is, NOTHING will top the projector scene from Chapter One in terms of sheer audience terror.

Every single person in that cinema absolutely shat themselves, me included :laugh2:

That was absolutely terrifying.

Same. Everyone screamed during that scene.

LaLaLand 06-05-2019 06:33 PM

Trailer is dropping Thursday.