ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   A question for the Gays (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355481)

Smithy 03-04-2019 03:43 PM

A question for the Gays

How many straight male friends do you have? And do you always feel comfortable if you meet a new group of people where there are straight guys?

Cal. 03-04-2019 03:46 PM

I only have a couple of straight male friends. 3 to be exact that I’d class as a ‘friend’. And all of them I’ve only met through serving them at work and them being regulars lmao. I’m not particularly comfortable nor uncomfortable around straight guys they’re just the same as any other stranger you meet imo.

Cal. 03-04-2019 03:48 PM

Daniel-X is one of the strangest cases I’ve ever come across mind. So gay he might as well be a girl but has a whole group of straight lad mates who he mostly prefers to the girlies!

Oliver_W 03-04-2019 03:49 PM

Most of my friends are straight guys tbh

Smithy 03-04-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10494417)
I only have a couple of straight male friends. 3 to be exact that I’d class as a ‘friend’. And all of them I’ve only met through serving them at work and them being regulars lmao. I’m not particularly comfortable nor uncomfortable around straight guys they’re just the same as any other stranger you meet imo.

So I’m guessing you have a majority of female friends? So is that through choice or coincidence? :think:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10494427)
Daniel-X is one of the strangest cases I’ve ever come across mind. So gay he might as well be a girl but has a whole group of straight lad mates who he mostly prefers to the girlies!

:skull: what on earth

Liam- 03-04-2019 03:54 PM

I’ve always had a decent mixture of female and male friends but my male friends have always been straight and I’ve always been comfortable with that tbh

Cal. 03-04-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10494440)
So I’m guessing you have a majority of female friends? So is that through choice or coincidence? :think:

:skull: what on earth

Yeah about 90% are female lmao. I think a bit of both. I just get on with and have more in common with females and other gays.

Twosugars 03-04-2019 03:56 PM

Have lots of straight friends. No problems apart from occasional teasing.
Homophobes don't get to be my friends obvs.

Twosugars 03-04-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10494405)
How many straight male friends do you have? And do you always feel comfortable if you meet a new group of people where there are straight guys?

What do you mean? Uncomfortable bc of potential homophobia or that you try to be discrete checking them out?

Cal. 03-04-2019 03:58 PM

I don’t even get along with the straights on here besides Marsh and Marc and both of them might as well be part of the girlies!

Smithy 03-04-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10494450)
What do you mean? Uncomfortable bc of potential homophobia or that you try to be discrete checking them out?

Yeah the potential homophobia

I had straight friends in high school (but I went to an all boys school so didn’t have much chance) and after I left I didn’t really keep in contact with any of them.

My first couple of jobs in retail it was 90% female staff and it’s only in the past year where it’s been an even balance of men and women, I think cause I’ve been around women for so long now, it’s almost like I’m used to not being around men fnnfnfb

reece(: 03-04-2019 04:02 PM

Had a few at uni, none now because I don't really see them

Guess the girls and gays win!

Smithy 03-04-2019 04:02 PM

I think I’m asking cuz I met a couple of straight (rugby :eyes:) guys at the gym and I was just really surprised at how nice they were :joker:

Elliot 03-04-2019 04:02 PM

I mostly get on with ppl with similar interests and sense of humour, who tend to be female or slightly feminine guys. My best best friend is a straight white guy tho, has mostly straight white guy friends and not many similar traits other than love for video games.

I’m uncomfortable meeting new people where I live in general tbh. It’s quite a rough area filled with a lot of nasty people. As a result people in big groups give me anxiety in general. All my close friends are from elsewhere. And the most homophobic people I’ve met in my life happened to be women lmao

Cal. 03-04-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10494458)
Had a few at uni, none now because I don't really see them

Guess the girls and gays win!

Not the I’m a bit bi guy?

Daniel. 03-04-2019 04:02 PM

Got thre straight male friends who put up with me talking about my latests stories all the time, not uncomfortable at all. One did come out with me to a gay club and had to leave tho lol

reece(: 03-04-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10494461)
Not the I’m a bit bi guy?

I haven't been friends with him for about 4 years :skull: that one's a long story!

Cal. 03-04-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10494463)
I haven't been friends with him for about 4 years :skull: that one's a long story!

Ha harrowing coming out in the club loos to the sound of Pretty Green Eyes ended the friendship?

Ant. 03-04-2019 04:05 PM

I used to be best friends with a hetty but he's an awful person so we don't talk now!

so I'm down to one straight male friend :p

Twosugars 03-04-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10494456)
Yeah the potential homophobia

I had straight friends in high school (but I went to an all boys school so didn’t have much chance) and after I left I didn’t really keep in contact with any of them.

My first couple of jobs in retail it was 90% female staff and it’s only in the past year where it’s been an even balance of men and women, I think cause I’ve been around women for so long now, it’s almost like I’m used to not being around men fnnfnfb

I temped in a very macho office for a few years and it was hard work at times. But in the end rewarding. Tried answering all the questions which were many. Some were standoffish but majority wasn't hostile, just wanted to crack a joke sometimes. As I say, it was rewarding bc I was able to, erm, put them straight about gay stuff.

Cal. 03-04-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10494463)

NOT 4 years.

I’m so old now :(

reece(: 03-04-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10494467)
Ha harrowing coming out in the club loos to the sound of Pretty Green Eyes ended the friendship?

Over the wetherspoons table sis!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10494473)
NOT 4 years.

I’m so old now :(

A scary prospect, 5 years since hearing about Germ's sugar daddies on call

Daniel. 03-04-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10494477)
Over the wetherspoons table sis!

A scary prospect, 5 years since hearing about Germ's sugar daddies on call

Not the engagement

Toy Soldier 03-04-2019 04:09 PM

All the gayz (and in fact... people of all orientations) I know have a mix of friends. But then, I *am* a straight male so maybe the ones who don't have mixed groups of friends are avoiding me :omgno:.

But yeah: One of my oldest & best friends is gay and it's never been any sort of an issue. But then, I knew him for years before he came out (although it was not a surprise) and also I'm not exactly a "lad" :hehe:. That said, another of our friends from school was a classic "lad's lad waaayyyy" and the two of them were basically bezzies from about age 18 - 22. Not seen him for years though, he went off the rails a bit :umm2:.

Cal. 03-04-2019 04:10 PM

AAHHHHH when that HIV poz guy proposed to germyle live on call