ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   David Lammy MP calls Boris JohnsonMP a Nazi on BBC1HD Marr (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355783)

arista 14-04-2019 10:25 AM

David Lammy MP calls Boris JohnsonMP a Nazi on BBC1HD Marr

He does not care what people think
He fears who will be the next leader of the Conservatives.

Andrew Marr told him "you can not compare
Boris Johnson to the Nazi's"

LammyMP said he does not care who he offends.

Pathetic Labour MP

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ys-david-lammy

MTVN 14-04-2019 10:27 AM

Nuts from Lammy, totally intolerant of any view but his own

arista 14-04-2019 10:28 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit...-nazis-hitler/

a clip

Oliver_W 14-04-2019 11:18 AM

Don't be too hard on him, it sounds like he doesn't know what those words mean.

Livia 14-04-2019 12:11 PM

Again, someone on the Left calling someone on the Right a Nazi, completely forgetting fine the work of Stalin and Mao. And lets face it, their own dear leader, the sad old Soviet nostalgist, is nearer to Communism that Boris will ever bet to Nazism.

This is the same man who blasted Stacey Dooley for having her photo taken with a black kid in Africa, while raising money for Comic Relief. I consciously didn't donate to Comic Relief this year following his outrageous and racist comment... and donations fell by £8m, so I wasn't alone. David Lammy is a disgrace.

Oliver_W 14-04-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10509442)
I consciously didn't donate to Comic Relief this year following his outrageous and racist comment... and donations fell by £8m, so I wasn't alone. David Lammy is a disgrace.

He has been pretty embarrassing for Labour recently; I expect he'll be invited to the Shadow Cabinet within hours.

smudgie 14-04-2019 03:05 PM

Utter plonker.

chuff me dizzy 14-04-2019 03:21 PM

Nothing will be done about it either

chuff me dizzy 14-04-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Again, someone on the Left calling someone on the Right a Nazi, completely forgetting fine the work of Stalin and Mao. And lets face it, their own dear leader, the sad old Soviet nostalgist, is nearer to Communism that Boris will ever bet to Nazism.

This is the same man who blasted Stacey Dooley for having her photo taken with a black kid in Africa, while raising money for Comic Relief. I consciously didn't donate to Comic Relief this year following his outrageous and racist comment... and donations fell by £8m, so I wasn't alone. David Lammy is a disgrace.

:clap1:

Northern Monkey 14-04-2019 08:01 PM

He’s like Diane Abbott on steroids.

I think he’s mainly trying to get attention with all these outbursts lately tbh.

LaLaLand 14-04-2019 08:08 PM

Everytime I hear anything about this Lammy it's always bad.

The Slim Reaper 15-04-2019 10:18 AM

Well known labour activist, Michael Heseltine talking about the issues

https://www.channel4.com/news/lord-m...itical-climate

The Slim Reaper 15-04-2019 10:19 AM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...k-Britons.html

Mr Rees-Mogg was told by anti-racism campaigners that the Traditional Britain Group, a discussion group for "disillusioned patriots", has links to the far-Right. But he was assured the claims were "smears", and attended as guest of honour at the group’s annual black tie dinner at London’s East India Club.

The group is run by Gregory Lauder-Frost, a former leading light of the Conservative Monday Club and a well-known figure within the British far-Right. He previously ran the Western Goals Institute, which had links to European neo-fascist parties.

He calls for the "assisted repatriation" of ethnic minority people whose families have moved to Britain since the Second World War, as advocated in the 1970 Conservative Party manifesto. He singled out Doreen Lawrence, Baroness Lawrence, the mother of murdered teenager Stephen Lawrence.

Lauder-Frost, 62, told the Daily Telegraph: “I feel this woman has done the British nation no favours whatsoever. If these people don’t like us and want to keep attacking us they should go back to their natural homelands.”

The group describes Chuka Umunna, the shadow business secretary, as “a Nigerian” and calls for the repeal of race relations laws. Its president is Lord Sudely, a former president of the Monday Club, who has praised Hitler. Previous after-dinner speakers include Frank Ellis, the university lecturer who was suspended for claiming black people have lower IQs than white people.

Mr Rees-Mogg said he was “shocked” to learn of the group’s views and insisted he had never been a supporter or member.

“It’s undoubtedly embarrassing. I feel very silly. This was clearly a mistake,” he said. “I try to accept invitations from most people who ask me to speak. I could limit myself to just speaking to Conservative Associations, which would be safe but politics, is about speaking to a variety of views. But I wouldn’t want to be caught out in this way again.”

Before he was due to give his address, Mr Rees-Mogg was contacted by Searchlight, the anti-fascist research group, who warned him the Traditional Britain Group has right-wing links. He asked Conservative party headquarters for information on the group. At 6pm, an hour before the dinner was due to start, he rang Mr Lauder-Frost, who insisted his organisation had no ‘links’ to any other group. The pair did not discuss race or immigration, Lauder-Frost said.

Mr Lauder-Frost added: “We invited him specifically because he is a traditionalist. I’ve no idea how he managed to get through Central Office’s approved candidates list. We thought he might have been a breath of fresh air.”

Mr Lauder-Frost said he explained his views on immigration to Mr Rees-Mogg after dinner, but they did not agree, with Mr Rees-Mogg giving an "assimilationist response".

Sheila Gilmore, a Labour MP, said: “Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a serious error of judgement and must explain why he appears to have ignored Searchlight’s warning. Condoning views like is not harmless fun or mild eccentricity - it is deeply offensive.”

Mr Rees-Mogg, 44, is the son of William Rees-Mogg, the late editor of The Times, and is known in Parliament for his love of long words and esoteric historical references. He regularly writes for the Daily Telegraph. A recent article criticised the Metropolitan Police’s mistreatment of the Lawrence family.

The Conservative Party suspended its links with the Monday Club in 2001 over its rhetoric on race and immigration. A Tory source said: “It is categorically not the case that CCHQ in any way ‘cleared’ or approved this event.”

The Slim Reaper 15-04-2019 10:22 AM

The Slim Reaper 15-04-2019 10:39 AM

Twosugars 15-04-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

The only detail you forgot to mention is that Stalinism and Maoism are discredited and irrelevant ideologies whereas nazism and far right are resurgent.

bitontheslide 15-04-2019 10:48 AM

it never ceases to amaze me how complete tits like him get elected.

LeatherTrumpet 15-04-2019 10:49 AM

Slim can we keep it about Lammy and his ridiculous comments

stop derailing the thread with unrelated stufff

The Slim Reaper 15-04-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10510983)
Slim can we keep it about Lammy and his ridiculous comments

stop derailing the thread with unrelated stufff

It's completely relevant to the subject though LT. If you can stop derailing the thread with attempts to back-seat mod, that would be lovely.

LeatherTrumpet 15-04-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10510984)
It's completely relevant to the subject though LT. If you can stop derailing the thread with attempts to back-seat mod, that would be lovely.

Im afraid posting "yeah but look at xy and z coz they said this" is not relevant and its a pretty poor distraction tactic. Make another thread or post about the topic at hand.

In this case its about what this politician said on the AM show, a labour politician making an outrageous allegation.

The Slim Reaper 15-04-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10510996)
Im afraid posting "yeah but look at xy and z coz they said this" is not relevant and its a pretty poor distraction tactic. Make another thread or post about the topic at hand.

In this case its about what this politician said on the AM show, a labour politician making an outrageous allegation.

No, it's actually providing context to Lammys comments. I understand that information counter to the narrative you wish to push, is a little inconvenient, but treat it as a growing experience.

Thank you for your critique of my personal posts in this thread, but you should probably stick to the subject and not other posters.

Twosugars 15-04-2019 11:30 AM

Well done, the slimmest of reapers for providing some background information.
It looks like Lammy knew what he was talking about.

arista 15-04-2019 12:53 PM

Its wrong to call them like Nazi's
that's all that LammyMP did wrong on BBC1HD

arista 15-04-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10510958)

This Tweet is Stupid
He will not be PM

The Slim Reaper 15-04-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10511074)
This Tweet is Stupid
He will not be PM

Read that twitter thread.