ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Getting rid of dead subforums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355965)

Elliot 21-04-2019 12:44 PM

Getting rid of dead subforums

Is this a thing that happens on this forum? At times this forum can feel run down af when there’s subforums for reality shows where you can see threads made from years ago on the first page, especially when there’s reality shows actually being discussed that have to contain it in one thread. The voice and the amazing race are absolutely dead, for example, and they’d serve much better to the treatment most other actually talked about reality shows get on this forum.

Smithy 21-04-2019 01:06 PM

It won’t happen but it’s a good idea

Empty sub forums just make the whole site feel emptier than it is, focus people to subforums where there’s already traffic and it’ll increase :shrug:

Nicky91 21-04-2019 01:08 PM

are we seriously starting again with this crap :bored:

Twosugars 21-04-2019 01:10 PM

Nicky triggered

Nicky91 21-04-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10520774)
Nicky triggered

rightly so :laugh:

Underscore 21-04-2019 01:13 PM

Do it!

Vicky. 21-04-2019 01:16 PM

We have way too many subforums, and people are always asking for more too.

Honestly, I would just have BB, 'other' (SD, chat etc) and other reality TV (with subforums for xf, drag race, whatever) on the front page. It looks way too much to me but its down to admin, plus people whinge when we change stuff :laugh: I know Josy tried tidying it up not long ago.

I do think, if BB is definitely over, we kind of either need to have more focus on American BB and such, or, rebrand totally, but I don't think any other reality TV show currently on is..popular enough to rebrand to. If that makes sense. A few of our members like drag race, but I cannot see anyone else joining her to talk about it..kind of thing. I know we also have 'thisisxfactor.com' and I don't think many come here via that.

Smithy 21-04-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10520785)

Honestly, I would just have BB, 'other' (SD, chat etc) and other reality TV (with subforums for xf, drag race, whatever) on the front page. It looks way too much to me but its down to admin, plus people whinge when we change stuff :laugh: I know Josy tried tidying it up not long ago.

I do think, if BB is definitely over, we kind of either need to have more focus on American BB and such, or, rebrand totally, but I don't think any other reality TV show currently on is..popular enough to rebrand to. If that makes sense. A few of our members like drag race, but I cannot see anyone else joining her to talk about it..kind of thing. I know we also have 'thisisxfactor.com' and I don't think many come here via that.

Tea tbh

Get rid of the “current shows” bit at the top, the icons aren’t there, merge all the BB subforums bc

Sub-Forums: Big Brother 19 [Autumn 2018], Big Brother 18 [Summer 2017], Big Brother 17 [Summer 2016], Big Brother 16 [Summer 2015], Big Brother 15 [Summer 2014], Big Brother 14 [Summer 2013], Big Brother 2012 (series 13), Big Brother 12 on C5, Big Brother 11, Big Brother 10, Big Brother 9, Big Brother 8, Big Brother 7, Big Brother 6, Big Brother 5, Big Brother 4, Big Brother 3, Big Brother 2, Big Brother 1, Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack, Ultimate Big Brother, Big Brother Media (Misc)

Looks messy AF on the site

And axe the inactive reality tv subforums

Nicky91 21-04-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

which can work, you can basically watch all of american, canadian BB episodes online

maybe if drag race is more on the front, it would attract more newer members, fans of that show on here

Matthew. 21-04-2019 01:26 PM

ThisIsBritneyHaynes.com

Smithy 21-04-2019 01:26 PM

Also just rebrand to ThisIsTV or something, focus on more than just reality tv

Mitchell 21-04-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10520798)
Tea tbh

Get rid of the “current shows” bit at the top, the icons aren’t there, merge all the BB subforums bc

Sub-Forums: Big Brother 19 [Autumn 2018], Big Brother 18 [Summer 2017], Big Brother 17 [Summer 2016], Big Brother 16 [Summer 2015], Big Brother 15 [Summer 2014], Big Brother 14 [Summer 2013], Big Brother 2012 (series 13), Big Brother 12 on C5, Big Brother 11, Big Brother 10, Big Brother 9, Big Brother 8, Big Brother 7, Big Brother 6, Big Brother 5, Big Brother 4, Big Brother 3, Big Brother 2, Big Brother 1, Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack, Ultimate Big Brother, Big Brother Media (Misc)

I definitely don’t think they should be merged, as it’s nice to read about a specific series

Nicky91 21-04-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10520798)
Tea tbh

stop with the dig at reality tv subforums, they are ok there in the reality vt section anyways

agreed about the BB stuff, maybe just making one sort of BBUK section out of it, and for those interested they can click on it and then see all of the BB related things

Smithy 21-04-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 10520802)
I definitely don’t think they should be merged, as it’s nice to read about a specific series

Girl who has time/does that?

Smithy 21-04-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10520803)
stop with the dig at reality tv subforums, they are ok there in the reality vt section anyways

agreed about the BB stuff, maybe just making one sort of BBUK section out of it, and for those interested they can click on it and then see all of the BB related things

I’m entitled to my opinions, if you don’t like it I don’t care, it’s not a dig either, stop taking everything so personally

Vicky. 21-04-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 10520802)

You could still read about a specific series. Just you would have to click through to the BB subforums first. Fairly sure he doewsn't mean merge as in, have all the BB threads in one large forum. Just..tidied up a bit and not all on the front page

Smithy 21-04-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10520806)
You could still read about a specific series. Just you would have to click through to the BB subforums first. Fairly sure he doewsn't mean merge as in, have all the BB threads in one large forum. Just..tidied up a bit and not all on the front page

Yeah, have one “subforum” of previous series and you click the link and the page of all other appear for you to choose from

Nicky91 21-04-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10520805)
I’m entitled to my opinions, if you don’t like it I don’t care, it’s not a dig either, stop taking everything so personally

ok

i partially agreed with you anyway, one BBUK section without all of it showing on main page but just BBUK archive would be just fine, and those interested in chatting about some BBUK series can still do that in there

Matthew. 21-04-2019 01:32 PM

How about merging The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent and The Voice and call it ITV Talent Show forum

Matthew. 21-04-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10520804)
Girl who has time/does that?

(slowly raises hand while looking down at the floor)

Nicky91 21-04-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10520811)
How about merging The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent and The Voice and call it ITV Talent Show forum

:nono: they are where they belong, at reality tv section since they are reality tv shows :)

Mitchell 21-04-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10520813)
(slowly raises hand while looking down at the floor)

Haha I feel targeted

Mitchell 21-04-2019 01:36 PM

I’d say get rid of X Factor, but we need somewhere to discuss Tesco Mary’s big return

Matthew. 21-04-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 10520822)
I’d say get rid of X Factor, but we need somewhere to discuss Tesco Mary’s big return

Or we could go with my absolutely fantastic idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10520811)

brat. 21-04-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

this is what i was saying about having a challenge sub forum, it's probably the third most talked about show on this forum after big brother and drag race, it's just come to the uk, it's huge in america and in the other forums ah'm apart of it's like the most popular show talked about

surely you would want to get more members through other routes, and if as a challenge fan i came to this site, i wouldn't particularly know anyone talked about it

plus it's literally one of the only rtv shows which is actually gaining viewers and not declining in ratings, and BB alumni are on the show, so it's still relevant to the forum

but ah'll stop here because when ah tried to bring this up yesterday Josy just banned me to shut me up because she knew I was in the right