ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB6 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How did Orlaith defeat Science and Kemal? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356253)

aaronneely2017 30-04-2019 10:53 PM

How did Orlaith defeat Science and Kemal?

I liked her at first she seemed quite nice but was never going to win tbh.
Then for the last 3 weeks all she really did was want to leave and not to mention we lost two of the greatest characters of the series over her
I really do think this is where vote to evict went badly but what are your thoughts on why she stayed over science and kemal?

Denver 30-04-2019 10:57 PM

Because she had less votes to evict

Smithy 30-04-2019 11:11 PM

The title makes it sound like it was a battle to the death or smn

Dogeatdog 01-05-2019 12:10 AM

Out of the two Kemal’s eviction surprised me the most.

Science was pretty much hated by every housemate in his last week, the way he was to Derek (imo one of the main reasons he went) and Craig a few days before didn’t really do him any favours. He took things a bit too far and although I was gutted he went, I always felt if he stayed he’d be up for eviction the following week anyways cause everyone would continue to ignore him.

Kemal’s I struggled to understand. Maybe it was him, Makosi and Derek bitching about Orlaith that probably tipped the scale in her favour cause people felt sorry for her but he was much more entertaining to watch. At this point Orlaith constantly getting upset wanting to go home became a bit tedious to watch. Why she didn’t get evicted I’ll never know.

reece(: 01-05-2019 12:17 AM

We'll await Epic's knowledge on this conundrum

CiaraNelly2000 01-05-2019 12:12 PM

The voting was really close
Science: 50.5% to evict
Kemal: 51.1% to evict

CiaraNelly2000 01-05-2019 12:13 PM

I agree with one of the above statements Kemal spent most of his last week bitching about Orlaith constantly which she didn’t really deserve as she was a nice girl so maybe the public felt sorry for her.

Another factor is that she probably had the WHOLE of Ireland voting to evict her competitor.

UserSince2005 01-05-2019 05:43 PM

Probs because they werent white

Marsh. 01-05-2019 05:44 PM

Because she was the plain housemate nobody cared about.

Kemal and Science were major housemates who people had strong opinions about. Both more easily attract the votes to evict from those that don't like them.

If it was a vote to save, she'd probably have gone.

If she'd have made it to the vote to win, she'd have come last.

Tony Montana 01-05-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10534964)

:joker:

RileyH 01-05-2019 05:54 PM

bc she was a legend!

i still prefer science & kemal tho oop :p

Epic. 01-05-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10534974)
We'll await Epic's knowledge on this conundrum

I'm screaming, I made this exact thread like a year and a half ago as well :laugh2: . The only real difference was me just asking about Kemal/Orlaith.

Anyway even though Science is one of my all time favourite housemates, his blaze of glory last week of him arguing with every single housemate and being the central focus of the week, barely ever in any positive light, really geared him to go. And although he was one of the favourites to win and Orlaith was the favourite to be evicted, each HL show that week kept tipping the scales more and more until a beloved housemate unceremoniously left over one of the whiniest, draining, boring housemates out there. </3

Kemal was one I was much more confused about, at least at the time. I just didn't think the bitching about Orlaith was that major given how much of that was already taking place in that series. But nevertheless, it was very sharp and specific bitching on his end. Unlike Derek, he did act like he got on with Orlaith when she was around, which put a few off him. But while bitching about her was one of the reasons I received when making this thread, an answer I found just as understandable was simply that voting for Orlaith would be a waste of money at that point; she continuously made it explicitly clear that if she survived against Kemal, she'd walk the next day, so subconsciously why would the voters find it worth it to use their money on someone who claims they'll leave anyway? They could basically get rid of 2 housemates by only voting for 1. At that point, Orlaith practically wasn't even a housemate either. And like Science, Kemal was another polarising big character who's always gonna have a 50/50 chance in a VTE, and for those two it really was.

I'm still annoyed at what she actually caused. I know Orlaith's quitting thankfully gave us Kinga's random debut, but it still would've happened if she had just walked during the week her and Science were up, thus cancelling the eviction and we could even had Kinga sooner. I still think there's a scenario where we would've had a final week of any five of Makosi/Derek/Kemal/Science/Craig/Kinga alongside a horrified Anthony at the living nightmare he's stuck with<3

montblanc 01-05-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10534964)

:joker:

armand.kay 01-05-2019 07:58 PM

because she's that girl.