ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Final Fantasy VII Remake - Out now (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356536)

Scarlett. 09-05-2019 10:15 PM

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Out now

Barry. 09-05-2019 10:21 PM

So getting this.

Ramsay 09-05-2019 10:57 PM

Hello childhood

Ant. 09-05-2019 11:07 PM

mess hasnt it been 3 years since it was revealed

Scarlett. 09-05-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10543523)
mess hasnt it been 3 years since it was revealed

They were outsourcing the game early on, but decided to scrap that and work on it all in house.

Ant. 09-05-2019 11:13 PM

"more coming in June" so we're definitely getting details in June.

Square Enix are done with FFXV AND KH3 now so I can only wonder if they're gonna put all their focus into FFVII or if they're already working on FFXVI? It'll be so surreal to see a new mainline Final Fantasy game to be revealed given it's been ten years since FFXIV was announced (and if you don't count that, FFXV was technically announced alllll the way back in 2006 - 13 years since a new, single player mainline FF game has been revealed (excluding XIII-2 and LR:XIII)

Scarlett. 10-05-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10543530)
"more coming in June" so we're definitely getting details in June.

Square Enix are done with FFXV AND KH3 now so I can only wonder if they're gonna put all their focus into FFVII or if they're already working on FFXVI? It'll be so surreal to see a new mainline Final Fantasy game to be revealed given it's been ten years since FFXIV was announced (and if you don't count that, FFXV was technically announced alllll the way back in 2006 - 13 years since a new, single player mainline FF game has been revealed (excluding XIII-2 and LR:XIII)

I wonder if we're gonna start seeing more mainline titles more often? XV/Versus took so long because all of the issues at the back end of last decade, whereas a new one would be developed outside of any of that chaos.

Tom4784 10-05-2019 10:41 AM

Apparently there's been some sort of tweet with one of the devs saying that they've got the launch plans in place so I think we'll have this either by Christmas or in the new year.

It's great to see it again, the gameplay looks like a mix of Kingdom Hearts and XV which will upset the purists but I'm really intrigued by it. I'd rather they do something new with the remake 'cus the original will always be there.

Scarlett. 10-05-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10543858)
Apparently there's been some sort of tweet with one of the devs saying that they've got the launch plans in place so I think we'll have this either by Christmas or in the new year.

It's great to see it again, the gameplay looks like a mix of Kingdom Hearts and XV which will upset the purists but I'm really intrigued by it. I'd rather they do something new with the remake 'cus the original will always be there.

Nice! The project definately looks a lot further on than I expected it to

Tom4784 10-05-2019 11:25 AM

Apparently it's been said that it's still an episodic release...... My hype is decimated.

Given how the PS5 is looming in the distance though, I do think the first episode will be a surprise release in June/July or at some point in Summer.

Scarlett. 10-05-2019 11:41 AM

I guess it depends on how 'episodic' its going to be, like, will each episode be the size of one full game, or is it going to be like smaller sized episodes?

Tom4784 10-05-2019 01:54 PM

I assume it'll be three parts. I do think a fair bit might be cut from the original though. The Chocobo farm, Kalm, Fort Condor spring to mind as potential part 1 ommisions but if they make it so that each part roughly covers a disc from the original then I can see them potentially moving some things around to buff the run time of parts 2 and 3.

Ant. 10-05-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dia. (Post 10543857)
I wonder if we're gonna start seeing more mainline titles more often? XV/Versus took so long because all of the issues at the back end of last decade, whereas a new one would be developed outside of any of that chaos.

I'm hoping so! I imagine if we do see one, it'll be for PS5/next generation.
They pumped out games yearly for FFVIII-FFXI, hopefully they could get back to that stage (not by releasing a new game every year, especially if that means quality is compromised, but more like a game every 2/3 years as opposed to 4/5 years. The gap between FFXIII and FFXV felt so long when you consider the fact they were announced together and one was released 5 years after the other)

Toy Soldier 10-05-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10543942)
I assume it'll be three parts. I do think a fair bit might be cut from the original though. The Chocobo farm, Kalm, Fort Condor spring to mind as potential part 1 ommisions but if they make it so that each part roughly covers a disc from the original then I can see them potentially moving some things around to buff the run time of parts 2 and 3.

I personally highly doubt the 3 parts will represent the three discs... Disc 1 is more than half of the (storyline) game, and disk 3 is very short - only needed a whole disc because it has a large number of FMV videos which took up loads of space back on the PS1.

I can honestly see them padding out a lot of the opening Midgar chapter and the bulk of the first game being in Midgar... potentially even ending after the bike chase... although it could end after Junon with Jenova BIRTH being the final boss. In fact, I think Aeris' death (spoiler? lol?) / Jenova-LIFE might even be a good call for the end of Game 2, and that's the end of Disk 1.

I agree that things like Chocobos are likely to only feature later on when they become more relevant i.e. catching / training / racing. There's no way they'll cut things like the bike chase, breeding a gold chocobo, or the other Gold Saucer minigames completely though. They're too integral to FFVII.

Tom4784 10-05-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10544166)
I personally highly doubt the 3 parts will represent the three discs... Disc 1 is more than half of the (storyline) game, and disk 3 is very short - only needed a whole disc because it has a large number of FMV videos which took up loads of space back on the PS1.

I can honestly see them padding out a lot of the opening Midgar chapter and the bulk of the first game being in Midgar... potentially even ending after the bike chase... although it could end after Junon with Jenova BIRTH being the final boss. In fact, I think Aeris' death (spoiler? lol?) / Jenova-LIFE might even be a good call for the end of Game 2, and that's the end of Disk 1.

I agree that things like Chocobos are likely to only feature later on when they become more relevant i.e. catching / training / racing. There's no way they'll cut things like the bike chase, breeding a gold chocobo, or the other Gold Saucer minigames completely though. They're too integral to FFVII.

I'm personally hoping for two parts, end the first part where disc 1 ends and have the second part carry on until the end of the game since that death is a naturally good point to end the first game on.

I do think it'll be three parts though and if the first part is all Midgar then there's going to be a lot of cuts from the last game OR if they keep the three parts resembling the three discs, they'll add a lot of cut stuff from Disc 1 to the other parts.

If it's three parts or more, I'd bet money that we'll see the release of the first game very soon since I think that they'll likely have to complete the season before the PS5 comes out on which they can release a 'complete season' edition on it. If it's two parts, I think we'll see it at Christmas/New Year and then half way through 2020.

Scarlett. 10-06-2019 10:20 AM

LukeB 10-06-2019 10:21 AM

2020? :(

Scarlett. 10-06-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10587396)
2020? :(

It's less than a year away lol, much shorter wait than expected :laugh:

Toy Soldier 10-06-2019 11:55 AM

The battle system actually looks interesting and I like the way they're rendered Cross Slash, so I'm hopeful for the limit breaks. Cautiously optimistic overall.

Tom4784 10-06-2019 01:35 PM

The release date is about right, I'm just looking forward to hearing more about how these 'episodes' will work out. I assume, given that it's been in the works for... what... 6-7 years? That it will be in a good position to potentially all be released by next year, after all, even XV, with it's ten years in development, only spent about 4 or so of those years being actively developed.

Toy Soldier 10-06-2019 01:41 PM

I am slightly concerned that STILL all of the actual game footage is in Midgar... and would reiterate that I'd be quite surprised if the first release doesn't end after ShinRa HQ / bike chase. I think there's enough material and a big enough setting for them to bulk out a full length game with that as the end point, and that's what I think they're doing. Just ShinRa HQ itself could be padded out to be several hours of gameplay, as could both Reactor missions, the sewer + train graveyard, Sector 6 and Wall Market etc.

Tom4784 10-06-2019 02:04 PM

I wouldn't be worried about it, I think it's mostly a marketing choice to focus on the early hours of the game. I expect that we'll probably see a few characters and a non-Midgar area tonight.

Hopefully they are smart enough to confirm just what is happening with the parts, the fact that didn't say on the trailer is interesting.

Toy Soldier 10-06-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10587695)
Hopefully they are smart enough to confirm just what is happening with the parts, the fact that didn't say on the trailer is interesting.

After the XV debacle, I think "...if they even know" has to be a part of that question :worry:.

Barry. 10-06-2019 03:52 PM

Can't wait! Wish it was multiplayer.

Ant. 10-06-2019 09:15 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcHvT4pW4AEDM4g.jpg