ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   USA : Alabama senate passes a near-total abortion ban with no exceptions (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356650)

Vicky. 16-05-2019 11:26 AM

Yeah I do find it odd when women agree with this kind of stuff. But, if its never affected them they won't know. They are happy giving away their rights at the moment, but when it bites them on the arse later down the line, then they will see.

Liam- 16-05-2019 11:27 AM

I wonder how all of these backwards states would react if they were told they couldn’t have guns, they wouldn’t like their freedom being taken away would they?

The Slim Reaper 16-05-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10550232)
I’ll never understand why women back things like this, how can they be happy having a bunch of prehistoric men telling them what they can and can’t do with their bodies? The mind boggles

Never underestimate the religiosity of the US. The VP, Mike Pence, won't even attend a dinner with another woman if his wife isn't present.

Liam- 16-05-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10550238)
Never underestimate the religiosity of the US. The VP, Mike Pence, won't even attend a dinner with another woman if his wife isn't present.

Isn’t that more to cover his own back so he doesn’t get any form of accusation thrown at him, like a contingency plan, that’s always been my thought on that anyway :laugh:

arista 16-05-2019 11:32 AM

Its the Rule of their Bible

Liam- 16-05-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10550241)

:yuk:

A lot of people in America don’t follow that bible, so why should they be forced to live by it? It’s the beginning of a dictatorship, how can you not see the problem with it?

Niamh. 16-05-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Their bible should have **** all to do with laws of the land and oppression of women and rights over their own bodies

The Slim Reaper 16-05-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

So you support Muslims killing us because there is some text in the Quran about it?

Vicky. 16-05-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

The bible also forbids people from eating pork and masturbating and says we cannot wear polyester socks..along with many other strange things :laugh:

Vicky. 16-05-2019 11:43 AM

I find it quite disgusting though, that this decision was not even made by women..apparently it was 25 men who voted on it. Surely at the very least it should be those who it will actually affect that decide..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...en-republicans

All ****ing men.

Liam- 16-05-2019 11:43 AM

Doesn’t the bible also condone the stoning of adulterous wives? That sounds like something these men would want made legal tbh

bitontheslide 16-05-2019 11:51 AM

The sad fact is that this is the tip of the iceberg in those states. They have always been bad, everyone has known about it since forever. With Trump in power and a VP that actively supports this stuff it's going to get a lot worse. They better vote sensibly at the next election.

Liam- 16-05-2019 11:53 AM

They’ll be criminalising homosexuality before long

LeatherTrumpet 16-05-2019 01:24 PM

This is no surprise as if you are a Bible believing NT Christian then Life begins at conception, and ending that life is an act of murder.

The Bible is clear about this

------------------------------------------

Why Should We Value Life?

"Know that the LORD Himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture" (Psalm 100:3, NASV).

"Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the One who formed you from the womb, ‘I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens by Myself, and spreading out the earth all alone . . .'" (Isaiah 44:24, NASV).

"But now, O LORD, Thou art our Father, we are the clay, and Thou our potter; and all of us are the work of Thy hand" (Isaiah 64:8, NASV).

Who Is the Creator of the Preborn?

"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed, and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them" (Psalm 139:13-16, NKJV).

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV).

How Is God Concerned With the Preborn?

But when He who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through His grace . . ." (Galatians 1:15, RSV).

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for giving us through Christ every possible spiritual benefit as citizens of heaven! For consider what he has done—before the foundation of the world He chose us to become, in Christ, His holy and blameless children living within His constant care" (Ephesians 1:3-4, PME).

Are the Preborn Human Beings?

"When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit…[saying] ‘As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy'" (Luke 1:41, 44, NIV).

The Lord Jesus Christ began his incarnation as an embryo, growing into a fetus, infant, child, teenager, and adult: "While they were there, the time came for the baby to born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son" (Luke 2:6-7, NIV).

Who Is Responsible for Life and Death?

Then God spoke all these words, saying . . . 'You shall not murder'" (Exodus 20:1, 13, NASV).

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19, KJV).

Are Humans Permitted to Take Life Before Birth?

"If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise" (Exodus 21:22-25, NIV).

Should a Child Conceived as a Result of Rape or Incest Be Aborted?

"Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin" (Deuteronomy 24:16, NKJV).

Should a Child Who Might Be Born Deformed or Disabled Be Aborted?

"So the LORD said to him, 'Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD?'" (Exodus 4:11, NKJV).

"Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands?' Woe to him who says to his father, 'What have you begotten?' or to his mother, 'What have you brought to birth?' This is what the LORD says—the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question Me about My children, or give Me orders about the work of My hands?" (Isaiah 45:9-11, NIV).

"Yet, to shame the wise, God has chosen what the world counts folly, and to shame what is strong, God has chosen what the world counts weakness" (1 Corinthians 1:27, NIV).

How Should A Woman View Her Body and the Preborn Life Growing in Her Womb?

"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward" (Psalm 127:3, NASV).

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20, NKJV).

Does God Forgive Those Who Have Had Abortions?

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace . . ." (Ephesians 1:7, NKJV).

"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins" (Isaiah 43:25, NASV).

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/lif...inning-of-life

This is what people in the USA believe and live their lives by.

Vicky. 18-05-2019 12:36 PM

Next to all of the people who are massively pro life..also are against anything to help those kids after they are born. once they are out of the womb who cares, because it is nothing but trying to control women.

Apparently the Republican politicians who voted for this are the very same people who vote against expanded healthcare for low income communities, food stamps, public education, free college..and so on. Which sounds about right tbh. Force women to have babies they don't want, then make life as hard as possible for them afterwards. Gross.

Twosugars 18-05-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10551802)
Next to none of the people who are massively pro life..also are against anything to help those kids after they are born. once they are out of the womb who cares, because it is nothing but trying to control women.

Apparently the Republican politicians who voted for this are the very same people who vote against expanded healthcare for low income communities, food stamps, public education, free college..and so on. Which sounds about right tbh. Force women to have babies they don't want, then make life as hard as possible for them afterwards. Gross.

That's right wing for you

Vicky. 18-05-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10551812)
That's right wing for you

Yeah, seems to be extreme over there. What we call right wing..would probably be classed as left when compared to America.

The Slim Reaper 18-05-2019 01:17 PM

One of the senators who voted for this law is an OBGYN who has a history of patients (mothers and babies) dying on him, so the first thing he did when he was elected was to try and repeal all the laws that were the reasons for him being investigated.

The Slim Reaper 18-05-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10551836)
Yeah, seems to be extreme over there. What we call right wing..would probably be classed as left when compared to America.

Not so much anymore; this forum is an example of that. A few years ago no one would have proudly likened refugees to trash, or any of the myriad of racist things we read on here these days.

People aren't shamed into silence in the way they used to be, which is why we get threads letting us know we can vote for Tommy Robinson.

Matthew. 18-05-2019 01:27 PM

Can’t find it anymore but I saw a tweet yesterday with a picture of all the guys that voted for this law being put into place with the caption “Not one uterus yet 25 massive cunts” :skull:

arista 18-05-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10551847)
Not so much anymore; this forum is an example of that. A few years ago no one would have proudly likened refugees to trash, or any of the myriad of racist things we read on here these days.

People aren't shamed into silence in the way they used to be, which is why we get threads letting us know we can vote for Tommy Robinson.

Yes I made a thread on Tommy
But I do not him support him in any way
you are a Fool to think I do.

Matthew. 18-05-2019 01:35 PM

Kazanne 18-05-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10549216)
We have the SAME
Northern Ireland Women
get on a boat to Liverpool

Blame YOUR Bible

No arista the bible is not to blame, those using religion as an excuse to get their own way are to blame,humans misusing to suit their own agendas again. To not be allowed an abortion through rape and incest is disgusting.

arista 18-05-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10551868)
No arista the bible is not to blame, those using religion as an excuse to get their own way are to blame,humans misusing to suit their own agendas again. To not be allowed an abortion through rape and incest is disgusting.

Yes that's fair

Tom4784 18-05-2019 02:56 PM

It's a mix of both, the bible was a book written by Romans to sanitise the Roman empire and to control the people in it's territories. It's a product of it's time and a lot of what it offers is barbaric and offers no value to today's world. People today use both it and a fan fiction version of Jesus to justify their hatred but the book itself does peddle division and hatred itself in parts.

If the bible was written today, it would be completely different.