ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Are you enjoying the final series of GOT? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356651)

Daniel. 15-05-2019 04:53 PM

Are you enjoying the final series of GOT?

I am.

Episode 3 and 5 were great, and Daenarys character arc makes complete sense for me, I actually find it surprising how people didn't see it coming.

My criticisms are how Cersei died, and how rushed it feels.

Everything else is great.

RileyH 15-05-2019 04:54 PM

no :mad:

Daniel. 15-05-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileyH (Post 10549182)
no :mad:

All your faves gonna die...we have to laugh

reece(: 15-05-2019 04:59 PM

Episode 3, and the build up to it was well done.. but it's fell flat since.

Epic. 15-05-2019 04:59 PM

No not at all. I had hope when the first two episodes aired, and the third episode had its upsides, but the third episode up to this week it's been getting gradually worse. Last Sunday was one of the most disappointing I've seen from a high rated TV show and it's only going to turn worse this Sunday.

So many pointless plot threads (Sansa and Danny's conflict barely explored, what was the point of Bronn threatening Tyrion and Jaime if they were just gonna kill off Jaime? What was the point of them pairing Brienne and Jaime and cutting that suddenly?), everything is so rushed, from Cersei's way of being defeated to Daenerys having one of the worst character developments ever despite previously having one of the best, the plot armour of Arya is absolutely ridiculous, they've shafted two of my favourite characters from how they once were in Jaime and especially Tyrion, altogether a colossal waste and I hope D & D are never responsible for something as high budget as this ever again!

Brother Leon 15-05-2019 05:02 PM

Up until the Battle Of Winterfell it’s been great. After that..meh.

Natalie. 15-05-2019 05:28 PM

Nah, don't like what they did to Jaime and Brienne and it just seems so rushed

Jordan. 15-05-2019 05:34 PM

The pacing has been bad but it's still been consistently entertaining so yes.

Toy Soldier 15-05-2019 05:36 PM

If you accept it for what it is, it's fine. It doesn't really do the first few seasons justice but then, being honest, it hasn't since season 5 other than a handful of standout episodes.

The production is generally excellent, though... the cinematography and score has been amazing... the effects have been MOSTLY spectacular (though I can see where they've cut corners to save money for the big scenes)

Ramsay 15-05-2019 05:49 PM

I've had so many shows disappoint me that I seem to have become immune to being annoyed cause I'm loving it. Yeah the Jaime thing was stupid but that's all that's really annoyed me, I've been on the edge of my seat for most of it. When it's over we'll all miss it

Toy Soldier 15-05-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic. (Post 10549188)
and I hope D & D are never responsible for something as high budget as this ever again!

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...2&postcount=86

:umm2:

Babayaro. 15-05-2019 07:18 PM

I really wish people would stop saying that they are surprised no one saw it coming @ Dany going mad

No one is saying that lol. People are criticising how we have got to that point. It doesn't feel earned. Terrible writing.

Smithy 15-05-2019 07:20 PM

Visually it’s been incredible, can’t fault the score or the acting either, the writing for eps 4 & 5 have been diabolical though

reece(: 15-05-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 10549310)
I really wish people would stop saying that they are surprised no one saw it coming @ Dany going mad

No one is saying that lol. People are criticising how we have got to that point. It doesn't feel earned. Terrible writing.

Let's hope if they do a prequel with the Mad King they show it better :fan: