ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Neo Nazi Terrorist Peadophile gets sentenced to life in jail (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356733)

Scarlett. 17-05-2019 09:29 PM

Neo Nazi Terrorist Peadophile gets sentenced to life in jail

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp...0x700-l-jr.jpg

Quote:

A neo-Nazi who planned to murder Labour MP Rosie Cooper in a terrorist attack has been jailed for life.

Jack Renshaw, 23, from Skelmersdale, Lancashire, must serve at least 20 years in prison.

A judge at the Old Bailey said Renshaw, who earlier admitted preparing an act of terror, wanted to "replicate" the murder of Jo Cox.

Renshaw made a Nazi salute towards supporters as he was led to the cells from the dock.

He pleaded guilty on the first day of his trial to buying a machete to kill the West Lancashire MP and making threats to kill police officer Det Con Victoria Henderson

A jury twice failed to reach a verdict on charges relating to his membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action.

Sentencing him for the terror plot, Judge Justice McGowan said Renshaw's "perverted view of history and current politics" led him to "an attempt to damage our entire system of democracy".

She said: "You praised the murder of Jo Cox in tweets and posts in June 2017. In some bizarre way you saw this as a commendable act and set out to replicate that behaviour."

The judge added Renshaw had made "detailed arrangements" and studied Ms Cooper's itinerary.

Giving evidence during his first National Action trial last summer, he said he wanted to murder the MP "to send the state a message".

He got as far as buying a 19in (48cm) Gladius knife and told members of National Action about his plan during a meeting in a Warrington pub in July 2017.

The plot was foiled by whistleblower and former National Action member, Robbie Mullen, who was secretly passing information to anti-racism charity Hope not Hate, which informed police.

Police arrested Renshaw and found the machete hidden in an airing cupboard at his uncle's house.

In a victim impact statement, Ms Cooper said it was "like something out of a horror movie".

Friends and family had encouraged her to stand down from Parliament but she refused because "that would allow tyranny to prevail".

After the sentencing, Ms Cooper said "justice has been served".

Renshaw was also jailed for 16 months in June 2018 for four counts of grooming adolescent boys.

Det Con Henderson, who was investigating the child sex offences, said she "had sleepless nights" until he was arrested.

"I am not prepared to let Jack Renshaw ruin my everyday life," she said.

The judge praised the two women and told Renshaw: "You have not defeated them."

She said he had acted in a polite manner towards Det Con Henderson while planning to kill her in an act of revenge.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said it presented evidence that persuaded Renshaw to plead guilty, including online research on cutting the jugular artery and how long it would take someone to die from the wound.

Jenny Hopkins, CPS head of counter terror, said: "Jack Renshaw was prepared to act on his white supremacist world view and plotted to kill a Member of Parliament - a plan reminiscent of the abhorrent murder of Jo Cox MP."

Renshaw was also jailed for three years in 2018 for stirring up racial hatred in two anti-Semitic speeches in 2016.
BBC News

What a mess he is :laugh:

GiRTh 17-05-2019 09:31 PM

Twenty three :shocked:

What is going on?

Smithy 17-05-2019 09:38 PM

Put right wing in the title for a hit thread!

Twosugars 17-05-2019 09:53 PM

Scum of the earth. Nazi pedo murderer, words fail

smudgie 17-05-2019 10:24 PM

Evil twisted beggar.:fist:

arista 17-05-2019 11:31 PM

Good Job they got the Evil Nazi

Tom4784 17-05-2019 11:54 PM

May he rot.

armand.kay 18-05-2019 12:56 AM

I'm not one for the death penalty but maybe light up the chair??

Ammi 18-05-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10551503)

What is going on?

...yeah those were my thoughts...the environment../...influences that produced such extreme hate views as his..?...worrying times, this is 2019...

Kate! 18-05-2019 06:00 AM

Twenty years is not enough

MTVN 18-05-2019 06:25 AM

He used to go to Uni in Manchester and was the poster boy for the youth BNP showing how they were attracting lots of intelligent normal students to their cause

https://www.politicalite.com/wp-cont...t-17.27.59.png

Niamh. 18-05-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10551640)
He used to go to Uni in Manchester and was the poster boy for the youth BNP showing how they were attracting lots of intelligent normal students to their cause

Well that worked out weĺl for them :skull:

The Slim Reaper 18-05-2019 09:15 AM

How old are you?

Somewhere between 10 and 25.

What? Send me a pic

lime 18-05-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10551503)

What is going on?

I think both you and many others know exactely what is going on..:sad::sad:
If you see it on a small forum like this,,reflects badly against the UK that is common percetion of your people.

ETA my English is ****...Saying your people is bad...I hope you realise what I want to say....your people ie British

The Slim Reaper 18-05-2019 02:35 PM

Greg! 18-05-2019 05:18 PM

Wow sounds like a great lad

MTVN 18-05-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lime (Post 10551692)
I think both you and many others know exactely what is going on..:sad::sad:
If you see it on a small forum like this,,reflects badly against the UK that is common percetion of your people.

ETA my English is ****...Saying your people is bad...I hope you realise what I want to say....your people ie British

Are you saying that this guy is representative of British people in general?

Twosugars 18-05-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10552155)
Are you saying that this guy is representative of British people in general?

No one person can be such representative, but he is a sign of the resurgent far right

MTVN 18-05-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10552163)
No one person can be such representative, but he is a sign of the resurgent far right

Mmm I'm not sure I agree, there's always been a very small and violent hardcore amongst the far right but I don't think it's bigger now than it was in the 80s or 90s. National Action literally only have a few members and its a proscribed terrorist organisation. Generally speaking the far right is much smaller here than in most of Europe but it does exist and probably always will exist