ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   John Travolta with daughter Ella Bleu on Jimmy Kimmel Live (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357041)

Nicky91 28-05-2019 10:42 AM

John Travolta with daughter Ella Bleu on Jimmy Kimmel Live

apparently they are gonna play in a movie together called The Poison Rose

also talking about John's baldness, muhammad ali, Oprah, and most embarrassing thing John has done as a father

Livia 28-05-2019 10:44 AM

Ahhhh the nepotism of Hollywood.

Nicky91 28-05-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10564834)

what is that supposed to mean?

Toy Soldier 28-05-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10564834)

Honestly, he should be careful, Will Smith has managed to destroy his credibility in recent years with the constant promotion of Jaden Smith. And really from what I can see here this is a similar situation... having a famously talented parent is no guarantee of talent.

Obviously, it does happen. Colin Hanks is a decent actor for example BUT they've never hammered home the family connection.

But yeah. For every Kiefer Sutherland out there, there's a Jaden Smith poking his face into a blockbuster. :hehe:

Toy Soldier 28-05-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10564845)
what is that supposed to mean?

She wouldn't be making movies if her dad wasn't John Travolta, basically, Nicky. She seems like a fish out of water to be honest.

Livia 28-05-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10564919)
Honestly, he should be careful, Will Smith has managed to destroy his credibility in recent years with the constant promotion of Jaden Smith. And really from what I can see here this is a similar situation... having a famously talented parent is no guarantee of talent.

Obviously, it does happen. Colin Hanks is a decent actor for example BUT they've never hammered home the family connection.

But yeah. For every Kiefer Sutherland out there, there's a Jaden Smith poking his face into a blockbuster. :hehe:

Couldn't agree more, tbh. I remember seeing a really good actor in Dexter and looking for his name in the credits, and it was Colin Hanks. And I thought, that's got to be Tom's son... but I didn't know because there was no big launch. And yes, I love Will Smith, but his kids need slapping around.

Oliver_W 28-05-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10564919)
Honestly, he should be careful, Will Smith has managed to destroy his credibility in recent years with the constant promotion of Jaden Smith. And really from what I can see here this is a similar situation... having a famously talented parent is no guarantee of talent.:

Do you think two stars called Will and Jada - who named their kids Willow and Jaden - would let things like a lack of talent stand in the way of promoting their family?

Livia 28-05-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10564931)
Do you think two stars called Will and Jada - who named their kids Willow and Jaden - would let things like a lack of talent stand in the way of promoting their family?

I have never noticed that name thing Oliver LOL...

Niamh. 28-05-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10564939)
I have never noticed that name thing Oliver LOL...

ah Livia :laugh2:

Livia 28-05-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10564942)
ah Livia :laugh2:

It never occurred to me! And it's SO obvious.... D'oh!

Nicky91 28-05-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10564921)
She wouldn't be making movies if her dad wasn't John Travolta, basically, Nicky. She seems like a fish out of water to be honest.

true, and she does not deny she has these privileges

https://people.com/movies/john-travo...g-into-acting/

speaks about her father being a mentor for her becoming a actress

parmnion 28-05-2019 12:50 PM

I would say who's the daddy, but she's his spit.