ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Gay Women couple get beaten by thugs on a bus in Camden (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357533)

arista 07-06-2019 10:15 AM

Gay Women couple get beaten by thugs on a bus in Camden

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/no...-thugs-camden/

Shocking.

Niamh. 07-06-2019 10:17 AM

Scarily similar to a conversation me and Vicky had yesterday about lesbians and mens reactions to them, like they have some ownership over them because they don't have a man who "owns" them.............

Liam- 07-06-2019 10:20 AM

And people like to say gays don’t struggle any more :idc:

This is disgusting.. but not all that surprising sadly

Epic. 07-06-2019 10:24 AM

Another reason to be disgusted by this society

Samm 07-06-2019 10:27 AM

And this is why we don’t have straight pride

Scarlett. 07-06-2019 10:28 AM

What the **** is wrong with people?

Jake. 07-06-2019 10:28 AM

Absolutely disgusting. A certain batch of people are never going to change, unfortunately.

Vicky. 07-06-2019 10:30 AM

Copying my FB posts about this tbh. Yes, I post this aggressively on facebook about stuff..

'****ing vile but unsurprising. Misogyny, homophobia plus mens general feeling of entitlement to womens bodies..all in one go.'

'People keep commenting that its 'shocking'. I don't find it shocking in the slightest because basically, this is how such men behave, its not surprising at all as its common as ****. It SHOULD be surprising and should be rare so yeah, shocking, but its not. Its just business as usual. Awful. Lesbophobia seems to be on the rise again after seemingly settling down somewhat..men just cannot understand how women can be happy without a dick involved. Ugh.'

Alf 07-06-2019 10:55 AM

Disgusting coward scum!

I assume buses have CCTV? So it shouldn't be difficult to bring them to justice.

Have they been arrested and if not. Why isn't there pictures of them for people to identify them?

I heard somewhere that this happend 8 days ago, don't know if that's true or not.

Vicky. 07-06-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10581964)
Disgusting coward scum!

I assume buses have CCTV? So it shouldn't be difficult to bring them to justice.

Have they been arrested and if not. Why isn't there pictures of them for people to identify them?

I heard somewhere that this happend 8 days ago, don't know if that's true or not.

Should be easy enough to find them as yeah I think all buses and stuff have cctv now. Whether they are actually charged will be a different story, given when its attacks on women, even recordings of the attacks are apparently not enough proof to secure a proescution these days :umm2:

Oliver_W 07-06-2019 11:19 AM

Jesus, I hope they find the thugs...

thesheriff443 07-06-2019 11:21 AM

Not all men see gay women gay men or women as lesser human beings.

Amy Jade 07-06-2019 11:22 AM

****ing scum. Praying they catch them.

reece(: 07-06-2019 11:27 AM

Horrendous, utterly horrendous...

Glenn. 07-06-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 10581992)
Not all men see gay women gay men or women as lesser human beings.

True.

But there’s enough to make it an ongoing problem...

thesheriff443 07-06-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 10581998)
True.

But there’s enough to make it an ongoing problem...

Humans are attacking and killing each other every minute of the day.

Education and punishment is the answer but it will take decades in my opinion and still I don’t think it will stop it happening completely.

AnnieK 07-06-2019 12:06 PM

Awful attack :sad:

In the article I read it said the bus stopped and the Police boarded, hopefully the driver called the police and they were arrested.

Tom4784 07-06-2019 12:17 PM

And this is a good example of why Pride is a thing and why that Straight Pride festival is a joke.

Nobody has ever suffered prejudice or violence on the grounds of being straight but anyone who isn't straight has to consider that they are at risk of incidents like this if they just so happen to be with a same sex partner in public.

I hope the beasts that did this face the full extent of the law, it's a vile crime.

Jordan. 07-06-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10582056)
And this is a good example of why Pride is a thing and why that Straight Pride festival is a joke.

Nobody has ever suffered prejudice or violence on the grounds of being straight but anyone who isn't straight has to consider that they are at risk of incidents like this if they just so happen to be with a same sex partner in public.

I hope the beasts that did this face the full extent of the law, it's a vile crime.

:clap1:

GiRTh 07-06-2019 12:56 PM

Absolutely disgraceful.

Tony Montana 07-06-2019 02:10 PM

****ing pricks! Hopefully they catch them. Lock them up and throw away the key.

Shaun 07-06-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10582056)

The first half of this will be picked apart by people who've cried whenever they read someone on Twitter say "hetties are gross" or whatever but it really doesn't compare to the fear people still feel when they want to hold hands with their partner, or express their opinions on something seen as too gay/camp/flamboyant. We've a long way to go and I don't think we'll ever get there; division is inherently human and there'll always be something 'different' about the LGBT community that some drunken idiot, or pack of bullies, will want to exploit.

I've thankfully never experienced physical violence (as a victim or a witness) but the verbal abuse is still commonplace enough to require Pride events as a morale boost, if nothing more. I've always seen them as a celebration of queer history though, an opportunity to learn about Stonewall, people like Harvey Milk and Marsha P Johnson, or to thank the trans and drag pioneers who were most unafraid when they had every right to be. I can see why people are put off by the "big party" element of it and corporations definitely still exploit Pride for queer $ but I wouldn't wish it away just because of that... would be like wanting rid of Mother's Day because the floral industry is doing massive damage to the environment.

Cases like this are extremely rare and we like to think we are a tolerant society now but you needn't look far to see hateful attitudes and open insults. Especially in the trade that I work in (manual labour, contractor work, building sites, etc... it's quite routine to hear the words 'cocksucker' and '****' used liberally).

Twosugars 07-06-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10582194)
The first half of this will be picked apart by people who've cried whenever they read someone on Twitter say "hetties are gross" or whatever but it really doesn't compare to the fear people still feel when they want to hold hands with their partner, or express their opinions on something seen as too gay/camp/flamboyant. We've a long way to go and I don't think we'll ever get there; division is inherently human and there'll always be something 'different' about the LGBT community that some drunken idiot, or pack of bullies, will want to exploit.

I've thankfully never experienced physical violence (as a victim or a witness) but the verbal abuse is still commonplace enough to require Pride events as a morale boost, if nothing more. I've always seen them as a celebration of queer history though, an opportunity to learn about Stonewall, people like Harvey Milk and Marsha P Johnson, or to thank the trans and drag pioneers who were most unafraid when they had every right to be. I can see why people are put off by the "big party" element of it and corporations definitely still exploit Pride for queer $ but I wouldn't wish it away just because of that... would be like wanting rid of Mother's Day because the floral industry is doing massive damage to the environment.

Cases like this are extremely rare and we like to think we are a tolerant society now but you needn't look far to see hateful attitudes and open insults. Especially in the trade that I work in (manual labour, contractor work, building sites, etc... it's quite routine to hear the words 'cocksucker' and '****' used liberally).

Wonderful post, agree 100 percent

Barry. 07-06-2019 02:52 PM

Shocked that men beat up women.

arista 07-06-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10582235)
Shocked that men beat up women.

Thugs that wanted them to Perform
in front of them.
One of the Women said they kissed
that's when the Thugs got closer.

It was on CNN HD

Happened on the 30th of may
night bus in Camden.