ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What do indoor cats do for fresh air? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357839)

thisisdanny 16-06-2019 01:09 AM

What do indoor cats do for fresh air?

It’s a matter that really concerns me :bawling:

Glenn. 16-06-2019 01:34 AM

If I was to take a guess maybe they have oxygen tanks?

thisisdanny 16-06-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 10594082)
If I was to take a guess maybe they have oxygen tanks?

A good shout! I didn't think of this

MB. 16-06-2019 01:41 AM

They listen to Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves, described by Jon Pareles of the New York Times as "a breath of fresh air in a stale country-pop fusion scene", available on Spotify and all other streaming services!

Mokka 16-06-2019 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10594085)
They listen to Golden Hour by Kacey Musgraves, described by Jon Pareles of the New York Times as "a breath of fresh air in a stale country-pop fusion scene", available on Spotify and all other streaming services!

I was gonna try to say something witty... but this is untoppable lol

Cherie 16-06-2019 07:20 AM

My neighbours have two cats who used to be indoor only and the kids used to take them out on leads :D

joeysteele 16-06-2019 08:09 AM

A friend of mine has 2 cats which she keeps as house cats.

It's a big house and they have the run of the place.
Some windows are fitted with grills, so she can open the windows and let plenty fresh air in for them that way.

I don't myself agree with cats being confined in the house.
Although I'm sure Birds and Mice etc would be overjoyed.

Vicky. 16-06-2019 08:12 AM

I find keeping cats indoors to be cruel as ****, sorry to anyone who does it, but its tantamount to abuse really.

Hell, when we got our cat, we had her spayed early as she kept trying to go out and it felt awful keeping her in, and thats when its reccomended. Vet said she was fine to go our aslong as she had had injections and that and that we kept an eye on her for a while..vet said she would not go far for weeks so would be easy to watch her (second day, she ****ed off for hours and didn't come back til food time, so that went well :laugh: ) so yeah, even keeping a kitten in seemed cruel to me so no way would I keep a cat in all its life..

As for the question, my mother in law used to leave the sitting room windows open a crack when it was warm and hers used to sit next to the 'air' all day :(

UserSince2005 16-06-2019 08:23 AM

When I lived in Hobart, Tasmania I was ****ing a guy who had 2 indoor cats and he lived in a small flat. Did think it was mean at first but then realised the damage cats do to the eco system, especially over there.

Kazanne 16-06-2019 10:08 AM

Our cat goes out in the morning about 8 ish and we get her back in about 5 ish she is never allowed out at night .

Jessica. 16-06-2019 10:54 AM

My cats are rescued from living completely outdoors, they would be dead by now if we didn't take them in. They are well looked after, spoiled brats actually. I leave the balcony open for them to go out and get fresh air but they're not that interested.

joeysteele 16-06-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10594183)
My cats are rescued from living completely outdoors, they would be dead by now if we didn't take them in. They are well looked after, spoiled brats actually. I leave the balcony open for them to go out and get fresh air but they're not that interested.

Yes that is the case too.

The 2 cats I mentioned of my friends, odd times she is in the garden, the door open.
They won't go out.
They prefer to just lie a distance from the open door, waiting for her coming back in.

caprimint 16-06-2019 11:25 AM

I assumed that they still went outside but just slept indoors :suspect:

parmnion 16-06-2019 11:28 AM

Ask marsh what he does.

Vicky. 16-06-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10594196)
I assumed that they still went outside but just slept indoors :suspect:

No, some people keep them indoors constantly I'm afraid..a cat that just slept indoors is not an indoor cat tbh

Niamh. 16-06-2019 11:53 AM

My cat is mostly indoor, but Gav made him an enclosure so he can go in and out there through the window and I also leave him into the garden when I'm home. There's only one part of the garden he can get out ( that will tell you how un cat like he is, he would never survive out in the real world, sorry Vicky [emoji14] )

Jessica. 16-06-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10594235)
No, some people keep them indoors constantly I'm afraid..a cat that just slept indoors is not an indoor cat tbh

Some can't go outside though, cats are vulnerable, especially if they were rescued as kittens and didn't spend a lot of time outdoors when they were young. One of my cats came from the land of someone we know. His mother has already died, she was three years old. His brother who was born at the same time as him is dead. Her next litter of two died. She got pregnant a third time and one of those has died too. It's a rural area with not a lot of traffic, they had a barn to sleep in and were fed daily. If you decide to take an animal into your care you should do everything you can to keep them safe, if that means keeping them indoors then is that wrong?

Vicky. 16-06-2019 12:02 PM

Its quite different when theres an actual reason for it beyond 'I am scared it will get lost or eaten by bears' or 'I miss it' or some bollocks which tends to be the reasons given for purposely keeping cats who clearly want to go out, indoors.

Vicky. 16-06-2019 12:04 PM

I mean, my mother in laws reason was 'I just dont want it to go out', so kept the thing in a small bedsit usually with the windows closed and heating on fullblast, for 14 years til the poor thing died and was finally released.

Ammi 16-06-2019 12:04 PM

...with my grandkittens...the female is most definitely an outdoor cat and always looking for an adventure...:laugh:..but her brother won’t go beyond the boundaries of their home and doesn’t even venture in the garden that much...he’s really much more comfortable indoors, a completely different personality to her...so there’s that as well with indoor cats...they put him in the garden for fresh air but he’s back in again as soon as he’s able to...

Niamh. 16-06-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10594253)
Its quite different when theres an actual reason for it beyond 'I am scared it will get lost or eaten by bears' or 'I miss it' or some bollocks which tends to be the reasons given for purposely keeping cats who clearly want to go out, indoors.

I don't disagree with you and I do let him outside as much as I can because he does like being outside but he really is an idiot albeit a lovable one, he's way too trusting with no sense of danger [emoji23] also when I got him you actually have to sign an agreement saying you won't let him outside in his own

Liam- 16-06-2019 12:06 PM

The first time we ever let our cat out she went for a day or two, came back pregnant and has never spent another full night out since, she’s a clever girl, the windows are open from the moment we wake up to when we go to bed and she never goes further than the back garden and if she does, she comes as soon as she’s called, whereas I have another one that comes home every few days for food and a nap and he’s off again for a few days, the difference is amazing, when one isn’t home we panic and when the other one is home we’re like ‘oh, what are you doing here?’