ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=696)
-   -   Hughie Overrated? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358112)

aaronneely2017 23-06-2019 11:16 PM

Overrated?

At first I really liked him, As an Irish person myself, I was hoping he would do well and seemed like quite an entertaining character

But I kept going off him as the weeks went by and in the end he just seemed like such an aggresive angry person, Its like he kept falling out with people so easily and over minute things rather than just being civilised and talk out the situation.

I just found him and Ryan to be completely insufferable near the end?

Anyone agree with this statement?

Btw im on week 6 so my thoughts on Hughie may change

Liam- 23-06-2019 11:17 PM

DISGUSTINGLY overrated, he was vile

Ramsay 23-06-2019 11:31 PM

I remember him being really really loud

Ant. 23-06-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10603668)
DISGUSTINGLY overrated, he was vile

Pretty much

I'm so glad Jason won over him and I wasn't too keen on Jason

Ant. 23-06-2019 11:51 PM

All I remember him for is trying to shout louder than everyone else in arguments

A cute tactic that is effective when you're like, 8 years old, but screaming at the top of your lungs doesn't bode well in adult arguments

Liam- 23-06-2019 11:53 PM

His ‘relationship’ with Ryan was one of the most tedious, aggravating things I’ve ever had to witness, everything about the pair of them was nauseating

Daniel. 24-06-2019 12:13 AM

He was hideous

Elliot 24-06-2019 06:50 AM

He was alright, there were much better his series, his random spats with Natalie were a scream tho, and when he pissed off Andy

Epic. 24-06-2019 09:50 AM

Well as this thread proves, he was underrated imo :p.

9 out of 10 people on this forum have probably called him overrated at this point, and I think he's really under-appreciated. He was very ballsy, righteously argumentative against so many people including something called a Natalie Rowe, was much more consistent at melting down and exploding than forum favorite Jayne, and to top it all off, a lovely person in spite of how destructive he was, and a lovable sense of vanity. The funniness of him doesn't just come from arguments, he was pretty witty as an individual too. It also helps that I relate to someone like him in how I too am quick to being reactive and quick to disagree like him in social situations without realizing.

Him and Ashleigh are my choices for the two most deserving runner-ups that should've won their close votes.

Epic. 24-06-2019 09:58 AM

Ryan did taint him though, and most of the time Hughie was a much better housemate when not around him.

aaronneely2017 24-06-2019 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=Epic.;10603851] lovely person in spite of how destructive he was, and a lovable sense of vanity.

The thing is at times I did see that side to him and I was on his side with the whole Natalie feud. In the end how can you really support someone who is doing nothing but telling lies about another imo. He did seem like a genuine enough person and problem just had this life problem of not using his head while in the heat of conflict.

The problem for me comes from the fact that although as a housmate he was entertaining, as a person there were times he became really unlikeable. And like a few people that already said trying to be the loudest only works for an eight year old!

But I do partially agree with you somewhat on this epic! (:

Lostie! 24-06-2019 01:22 PM

He was one of my favourites in the early weeks but annoyed the **** out of me by the end. Very glad when he didn't win.