ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Patient banned from a hospital after demanding to be seen by a white doctor (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358996)

Tony Montana 06-07-2019 12:22 PM

Patient banned from a hospital after demanding to be seen by a white doctor

Quote:

A hospital boss has blasted a patient who walked into A&E and demanded to be treated by a white doctor.

The appalling incident happened at Wigan Infirmary in June.

But Andrew Foster, Chief Executive Officer of Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust, decided to share details publicly after the patient followed up their racist behaviour by making a formal complaint.

The patient, who is not being identified, has written to the Trust complaining that they were unable to see a white doctor and demanded an apology.

Mr Foster tweeted earlier today: "Would you believe a patient coming to A&E and asking to see a white doctor?

"When politely told that a white doctor was not available, the patient walked out and has formally complained about this. This was hugely upsetting for the staff involved. Appalling."
Mr Foster, who has been CEO of the Trust for 12 years, told the Manchester Evening News he is 'angry on behalf of my staff' and has banned the patient from Wigan Infirmary.

They will still receive emergency treatment at A&E if needed, but for anything else they will have to go elsewhere.

Mr Foster has also raised the incident with Greater Manchester Police.

Speaking to the M.E.N on Thursday afternoon, Mr Foster said although the reaction to his tweet has been overwhelmingly positive, many NHS colleagues after said the incident is far too familiar.

"I'm sad to say it wasn't regarded as unusual to report it," he said.

"Sadly we've spoken to consultants in A&E and they agree.

"[It happens] from time to time, usually when somebody has been drinking too much."
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...after-16533041

****ing vile, racist, scummy little prick.

Cherie 06-07-2019 12:24 PM

When politely told that a white doctor was not available, the patient walked out and has formally complained about this. This was hugely upsetting for the staff involved. Appalling."
Mr Foster, who has been CEO of the Trust for 12 years, told the Manchester Evening News he is 'angry on behalf of my staff' and has banned the patient from Wigan Infirmary.

So many people who turn up at A and E when they dont need to....he/she should be fined as well for wasting time

bitontheslide 06-07-2019 12:29 PM

Banning him from the facility is the perfect response

Oliver_W 06-07-2019 12:33 PM

Either the NHS is for all citizens, or it isn't. Racists deserve treatment as much as anyone else.

Kazanne 06-07-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10617691)
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...after-16533041

****ing vile, racist, scummy little prick.

Its a shame Harold Shipman wasn't on duty.:hehe:

Elliot 06-07-2019 12:36 PM

horrific piece of ****

Vicky. 06-07-2019 12:37 PM

Clearly did not need to be in a+e if he could walk back out and just make a complaint, when told there was not a white doctor :bored:

SherzyK 06-07-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10617701)
Either the NHS is for all citizens, or it isn't. Racists deserve treatment as much as anyone else.

But the racist gets to talk however he wants to the doctor and they’re supposed to take it? Right then

SherzyK 06-07-2019 12:40 PM

He was just wasting time, Oliver. Think about other patients who have to wait hours just to see a doctor because a racist wanted to see a ‘white doctor’

Vicky. 06-07-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

He could have treatment. But he doesnt get to chose which doctor treats him..not in a+E anyway. If he was fine to walk out to complain instead, he should have made an appointment at his local GPs, where he could request a doctor of his chosing for whatever proble m he reckoned he had :shrug:

Kazanne 06-07-2019 12:43 PM

I will admit,I do have trouble understanding some foreigners as their English is not so good and I find it embarrassing as I am deaf in one ear which makes understanding them worse, but I would never refuse treatment from one most make excellent doctors.A doctor is a doctor no matter what colour they are.

Tony Montana 06-07-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Seriously? :umm2:

Tony Montana 06-07-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10617708)
Its a shame Harold Shipman wasn't on duty.:hehe:

Just looked him up now and yikes! :skull:

smudgie 06-07-2019 01:13 PM

Heaven forbid he ever really does need a doctor or nurse in an emergency.:fist:

Liam- 06-07-2019 01:19 PM

From experience, you’re lucky to actually see a doctor in A&E, having the audacity to demand a white one is disgusting.

Like people have said, if he was willing to walk out and not be seen, he didn’t need to be seen to at A&E, off you pop you loathable little bigot

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 06-07-2019 01:28 PM

Scum!

joeysteele 06-07-2019 01:31 PM

Just completely unacceptable and offensive.

Had he been in real difficulty or genuine agonising pain, I wonder would he then even care who was alleviating that suffering.

Idiotic bigot.

Redway 06-07-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10617725)
I will admit,I do have trouble understanding some foreigners as their English is not so good and I find it embarrassing as I am deaf in one ear which makes understanding them worse, but I would never refuse treatment from one most make excellent doctors.A doctor is a doctor no matter what colour they are.

Because all foreigners are non-white and all non-whites are foreign and all foreigners speak bad English, innit. Got you.

Tom4784 06-07-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

So your first response is to defend the racist. Hmm.

If you read the article, you'd have seen that they won't be turned away in emergencies but not for anything else and, judging by how they walked out after they were told there were no white people available, I'm guessing it wasn't serious. A time wasting racist that wanted to get hardworking staff into **** because they couldn't fulfill this arsehole's racist request..

SherzyK 06-07-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10617771)
So your first response is to defend the racist. Hmm.

If you read the article, you'd have seen that they won't be turned away in emergencies but not for anything else and, judging by how they walked out after they were told there were no white people available, I'm guessing it wasn't serious. A time wasting racist that wanted to get hardworking staff into **** because they couldn't fulfill this arsehole's racist request..

:clap1:

Mokka 06-07-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 10617759)
Because all foreigners are non-white and all non-whites are foreign and all foreigners speak bad English, innit. Got you.

Yep... nailed it :hehe:

Mokka 06-07-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

He wasn't declined service... he rejected the service on offer because of his own racist belief system. That's a choice. He chose not to be treated.

Kazanne 06-07-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 10617759)

No one said that but it always takes one to twist it, not going to argue with you ,most people know what I mean most are ok but some are not so clear have you got it now ? or does everything need spelling out nowadays.Jeez, if I had put black person that would have been wrong too ffs,cant say anything now unless someone is crying about it

Northern Monkey 06-07-2019 03:18 PM

Reminds of when people ring a taxi and say “Can you send a white driver please”.Heard that many a time.

If this guy had asked for an English/British DR then fair enough as they are hard to understand sometimes.I struggle to understand some of my GP’s at times.
BUT,He didn’t.He said a WHITE doctor.
That is clearly racist.Skin colour does not define effectiveness at a profession.

DouglasS 06-07-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10617820)
No one said that but it always takes one to twist it, not going to argue with you ,most people know what I mean most are ok but some are not so clear have you got it now ? or does everything need spelling out nowadays.Jeez, if I had put black person that would have been wrong too ffs,cant say anything now unless someone is crying about it

I don’t think you said anything wrong Kazanne. You were actually saying most doctors are clearly capable regardless of their race and got message has been twisted. I also am rubbish at understanding any accent to be honest