ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Blackpool Pleasure Beach. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359139)

Nancy. 11-07-2019 04:02 PM

Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Had a family day out at Blackpool last week and my Daughter asked me to go on Icon with her. I declined at first as it looked so darn fast, but I finally gave in and said yes. What a great ride. Has anyone else been on it?

Nancy. 11-07-2019 04:03 PM

That video doesn't do it justice, btw. It's much faster in real life.

Nancy. 13-07-2019 10:41 AM

So no one else has been on this?

Kazanne 13-07-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10625514)
So no one else has been on this?

Not been to Blackpool for a long time Nancy,not been on this,but I would probably terrified,the older I get the more fearful I have become,back in the day I'de go on anything.:laugh:

Vicky. 13-07-2019 10:46 AM

Nope. Have only been to Blackpool once, and did not get a chance to do the pleasure beach sadly. I absolutely love fast rollercoasters though..

Livia 13-07-2019 10:58 AM

I have never been to Blackpool. I don't know why... I really want to go on that ride.

parmnion 13-07-2019 11:07 AM

Never been to Blackpool, I loved alton towers when I was there though..but the big rides all I do is bang me head back and forward against whatever apparatus I'm dangling from at the time..my balls seperated from eachother by a far to tight harness....that far I'm sure they are still perpetually moving from side to side as each one clanks against the the other one now I've been released...give me an old fashioned roller coaster or a waterslide over these new fangled bump fests anyday.

parmnion 13-07-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10625519)
Not been to Blackpool for a long time Nancy,not been on this,but I would probably terrified,the older I get the more fearful I have become,back in the day I'de go on anything.:laugh:

We know.:joker:

Livia 13-07-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10625537)

LOL.... your balls forever clanking together following a fairground ride incident has had no effect on your humour, Parmy.

Nancy. 13-07-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10625519)

:laugh: I'm the same as you, Kazanne. I'm terrified of them now. Have you ever been on the Pepsi Max / Big One?

AnnieK 13-07-2019 11:36 AM

I've been on it, loved it, got off and queued up again for it. Done them all at Blackpool, my fave is still the Grand National....its about 100 years old and feels like it could fall apart at any minute....great fun

bitontheslide 13-07-2019 12:09 PM

Haven't been to blackpool in a long, long time, but that ride would not be good for my underpants

Kazanne 13-07-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10625564)
I've been on it, loved it, got off and queued up again for it. Done them all at Blackpool, my fave is still the Grand National....its about 100 years old and feels like it could fall apart at any minute....great fun

AnnieK, your just a rebel :laugh:

Kazanne 13-07-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10625552)
:laugh: I'm the same as you, Kazanne. I'm terrified of them now. Have you ever been on the Pepsi Max / Big One?

I've looked at it a lot,:laugh: but that's as far as I got.

Kazanne 13-07-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10625537)

:shocked: Be careful …..:hehe:

Nancy. 13-07-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10625580)
I've looked at it a lot,:laugh: but that's as far as I got.

:joker: The first drop is one of the most awful feeling's I've ever had. It's so steep, you literally feel as if you're falling 200 ft. It's even worse when you queue up for it and realize there's only a seat belt and no shoulder restraints. lol

Nancy. 13-07-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Did it make you Dizzy, Annie?
I came off wondering where the hell I was, but I did enjoy it. lol

One ride I could never go on is the drop tower. Gave me goosebumps just looking at it.

Livia 13-07-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

There's a clanky wooden rollercoaster in Great Yarmouth. Not sure it's as old as 100 years but it's old. I love it...

Nancy. 13-07-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10625539)
LOL.... your balls forever clanking together following a fairground ride incident has had no effect on your humour, Parmy.

:laugh: Poor Parmy.

Is this the coaster you're talking about in Great Yarmouth?

It's a bit like the Big Dipper in Blackpool.

Livia 13-07-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10625640)
:laugh: Poor Parmy.

Is this the coaster you're talking about in Great Yarmouth?

It's a bit like the Big Dipper in Blackpool.

Yes, that's it. I'm a big fan, I can't help laughing on a rollercoaster, I sound demented.

AnnieK 13-07-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10625578)
AnnieK, your just a rebel :laugh:

Lol, I'm really not. I love rollercoasters but I am not fearless where they're concerned. The first time I went on the Big One, I watched it for ages and timed how long it took to get up the first dip (45 seconds btw :laugh:) I hate that first climb where you're dragged up by a chain, so I shut my eyes, counted to 45 then opened them at the top :laugh:

Kazanne 13-07-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10625591)
:joker: The first drop is one of the most awful feeling's I've ever had. It's so steep, you literally feel as if you're falling 200 ft. It's even worse when you queue up for it and realize there's only a seat belt and no shoulder restraints. lol

I think I was put off heights when I went on The Tower of Terror at Disneyland Florida , now THAT is a sheer drop, they open the doors at the top of the tower so you can see the cars (which look like dinky cars you are so high,and the people look like ants)They pay the music from The Twilight Zone before you enter the lift, then the doors shut ,it's pitch black then you just drop ,wow,never had a feeling like it,:laugh: so anything too high now gives me the Eebie Jeebies

Kazanne 13-07-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10625755)
Lol, I'm really not. I love rollercoasters but I am not fearless where they're concerned. The first time I went on the Big One, I watched it for ages and timed how long it took to get up the first dip (45 seconds btw :laugh:) I hate that first climb where you're dragged up by a chain, so I shut my eyes, counted to 45 then opened them at the top :laugh:

Seen it Annie but not been on that one , it's so high :laugh:

michael21 13-07-2019 04:12 PM

I might go in 2021 :amazed:

Nancy. 13-07-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10625758)
I think I was put off heights when I went on The Tower of Terror at Disneyland Florida , now THAT is a sheer drop, they open the doors at the top of the tower so you can see the cars (which look like dinky cars you are so high,and the people look like ants)They pay the music from The Twilight Zone before you enter the lift, then the doors shut ,it's pitch black then you just drop ,wow,never had a feeling like it,:laugh: so anything too high now gives me the Eebie Jeebies

:laugh: I haven't been on that, Kaz but i'd hate that drop. Did you have to change your underwear afterwards? :joker: