ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How do you chose your friends (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359293)

parmnion 16-07-2019 09:59 PM

How do you chose your friends

Myself I like people who take time out to make sure other individuals are ok....even if they don't know them that we'll...the support I have had from some people on here as my real life friends one by one took a back seat away from me due to what I have been through...that will forever mean so much to me..

An unbreakable bond.... certain friendships should never be questioned imo.

Dogeatdog 16-07-2019 10:11 PM

Similar to what you’ve said Parmnion, I enjoy being around people that show they have respect and trust for one another. I’m quite introverted and my social skills can be quite poor sometimes :laugh: but I’m always willing to listen to people and hearing what they have to say regardless if I know them well or not.

It’s good that you have had support from real life friends and people on TIBB through your tough times, it’s things like that you will always remember.

caprimint 17-07-2019 12:52 AM

Usually like sense of humour and how comfortable I feel around them, but I'm starting to think maybe I should do something differently lmao

Kazanne 17-07-2019 07:43 AM

I like people who are thoughtful, kind, and tolerant of others, I am very wary of people who do not favour animals, my friends are funny, erudite and I dislike false people who pretend to be something they are not, I choose my friends carefully.

Twosugars 17-07-2019 07:56 AM

No bigots or arseholes, a simple criterion really :)

Nicky91 17-07-2019 07:58 AM

based on respect, but being on TiBB i have learned a few things that even friends can have different opinions and that i need to learn that respect myself, but everyone can still learn something new in life (young and old) :hee:

caprimint 17-07-2019 08:14 AM

Oh and another thing which I really like is when you have those people who you KNOW will support/back you up in any situation. I don't mean someone who just agrees with everything you say, but I'm talking about maybe when you are in the minority of an opinionated group, or everybody jumps on the bandwagon against you for whatever reason... they actually see it from your view/the other side, I really appreciate/admire when people do that because most people just care about fitting in lmao

Livia 17-07-2019 11:49 AM

I don't have loads and loads of friends, because I'm not very gregarious and like my own company. The friends I do have are friends I could turn to for anything and know they'd be there. Similarly I would do anything for them.

Jessica. 17-07-2019 12:10 PM

I don't have criteria on who can be my friend, but I do have a lot of standards that I expect of friends, if they don't live up to them then I won't really consider them a friend. I don't do xenophobic, racist, bigoted people. I hate liars and bullies. I love good people.

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 01:07 PM

Intelligence, humour and integrity. Basically I like people who are clever and funny but I can't abide people who are full of ****.

Honestly it's why some of my favourite TiBB members are people that I rarely agree with about... anything :joker:... but I find them funny and you can trust what they're saying is their straight-up thinking. Even if it's nonsense. :hee:

caprimint 17-07-2019 02:45 PM

This is me on a regular basis however

https://i.gifer.com/Fppz.gif

Jordan. 17-07-2019 08:44 PM

I don't need friends, they disappoint me.

JerseyWins 18-07-2019 02:39 AM

Good sense of humor / funny, loyal, chill especially where I can hang out with them for hours literally just chilling not doing much but still have a good time lol, not whiny or really negative or full of gossip about other people/friends. I'd say I look for these kind of qualities the most.

And my BEST friends (ones I've been friends with since school days and most since childhood) all fit this pretty well :clap1:

JerseyWins 18-07-2019 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10630021)
This is me on a regular basis however

https://i.gifer.com/Fppz.gif

:joker:

King Zach :clap1:

joeysteele 18-07-2019 06:45 AM

I make friends easily with anyone.
Near nothing matters if I enjoy their company and I can come to trust them.

The only things I will never tolerate from new friend or old friend is if they directly lie to me.
Anyone deliberately lying to me would not be a friend, and if an old friend lied to me, they'd no longer be a friend.
Small or large lies, if they'll lie in small things, then they likely would in large.
( I don't mean fibs like not being well when they are, to get out of a function or something.
Things on more serious matters or of a personal nature are the lies I'm on about).

So trust is the only thing I guess dictates my choice of friends.
In my career, I've seen how the start of lies, then compulsive lying can destroy others lives and reputations.

Wizard. 18-07-2019 08:03 AM

They need to have four legs and a waggy tail.