ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Brother of Manchester Arena bomber extradited to UK (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359304)

arista 17-07-2019 02:54 PM

Brother of Manchester Arena bomber extradited to UK

Arrived , arrested
in court Tomorrow.

Libya sent him over to us.

https://news.sky.com/story/brother-o...to-uk-11764971

Oliver_W 17-07-2019 03:31 PM

Human garbage.

Kazanne 17-07-2019 03:46 PM

Another tosser added to the list of unwanted vermin.

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10630059)
Human garbage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10630071)
Another tosser added to the list of unwanted vermin.

Did you know that Twitter has recently announced that dehumanising comments may now be classed as hate speech? Just saying. A similar policy wouldn't go amiss on here.

Not that anyone involved in that attack isn't a detestable example of humanity, or that he shouldn't face the full force of the law if he was in any way involved.

Just that there's a very good reason to avoid the extreme rhetoric and the wider internet is thankfully starting to catch onto that.

Ammi 17-07-2019 04:25 PM

...I imagine so much work has been tirelessly done to bring him back ...and if he played a part then justice can be done, this is so important for the families and loved ones...

Livia 17-07-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10630105)
Did you know that Twitter has recently announced that dehumanising comments may now be classed as hate speech? Just saying. A similar policy wouldn't go amiss on here.

Not that anyone involved in that attack isn't a detestable example of humanity, or that he shouldn't face the full force of the law if he was in any way involved.

Just that there's a very good reason to avoid the extreme rhetoric and the wider internet is thankfully starting to catch onto that.

I would say that anyone involved in terrorism, anyone involved with bombing and killing so many young people, has kind of dehumanised himself. Who gets to decide how strong the rhetoric can be? Can we think it? Is that okay?

bitontheslide 17-07-2019 04:44 PM

i will happily call people who bomb, kill and maim young innocent people vermin every day of the week, because they have lost the right to be considered human beings

Oliver_W 17-07-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

I said he was human garbage, so if anything I humanised him :)

Kazanne 17-07-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

So you don't want us to call these 'people' what they are, is that it? as for Twitter :laugh: why would I care about what they say :shrug:

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10630113)
I would say that anyone involved in terrorism, anyone involved with bombing and killing so many young people, has kind of dehumanised himself. Who gets to decide how strong the rhetoric can be? Can we think it? Is that okay?

You can think whatever you want. As for "who gets to decide"... That would be the owners of the platforms (so whoever owns Twitter, or Tibb, or whichever site is publishing the comments).

The reasons for not doing it have nothing to do with the rights of the individuals involved but rather, it's to stop the inevitable knock-on effect of people using dehumanising language in broad strokes.

Obviously I can't stop anyone saying whatever they want for the time being. I just hope that the major platforms at least do go ahead with banning it. Hopefully James will agree with their judgement and ban hate speech on here too.

Amy Jade 17-07-2019 05:56 PM

He's worthless, evil scum and I hope he gets battered every night in prison.

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10630209)
So you don't want us to call these 'people' what they are, is that it? as for Twitter [emoji23] why would I care about what they say :shrug:

I don't think it's constructive to refer to human beings - even the awful ones - as "vermin" or "garbage", no. Obviously it's not literally what they are. What nonsense.

hijaxers 17-07-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10630217)
I don't think it's constructive to refer to human beings - even the awful ones - as "vermin" or "garbage", no. Obviously it's not literally what they are. What nonsense.

What is he then ? How would you describe this vile excuse for a human being ?

Kazanne 17-07-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10630217)

I wouldn't class them as human, I would class them as they are scum who should be eradicated .

hijaxers 17-07-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10630216)
He's worthless, evil scum and I hope he gets battered every night in prison.

Yes mercilessly

Cherie 17-07-2019 06:06 PM

Scum is used here on a regular basis and used to be used to describe BB housemates so very over used, it is a word I don't use lightly but scum is a very apt word on this occasion

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10630225)
I wouldn't class them as human, I would class them as they are scum who should be eradicated .

I know you would Kazanne, and that's what makes you part of the ongoing and escalating problem of vast swathes of people being degraded to less-than-human status on a daily basis without a second thought.

If he was involved then he is a criminal, a despicable person who should spend the rest of his life in prison at the very least. Disgusting? Incomprehensible? Vile? Sure. But is he human? Yes, obviously. But we should never forget that anyone is human, because it opens the door to deciding that all sorts of other people are also "less than human". Accept people referring to terrorists as "vermin" today and you leave the door wide open to the likes of Katie Hopkins referring to drowned children as "cockroaches" tomorrow. Though I'm sure there are plenty here who have no real problem with that, either :idc:.

I understand WHY people do it, and I've also been here long enough to be painfully aware that most people won't be able to comprehend my issue with it, and that I'll be accused of "sympathizing" or whatever else, but it's not going to stop me making the point :shrug:.

Kazanne 17-07-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10630228)
Scum is used here on a regular basis and used to be used to describe BB housemates so very over used, it is a word I don't use lightly but scum is a very apt word on this occasion

I agree Cherie,during the BB years housemates were called all sorts of terrible names, and they never killed anyone ,so to call these murdering terrorists scum etc, they are getting off really lightly.

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10630285)
I agree Cherie,during the BB years housemates were called all sorts of terrible names, and they never killed anyone ,so to call these murdering terrorists scum etc, they are getting off really lightly.

Oh well if I had known that members were dehumanising housemates for years, of course I would have known this was acceptable too, you're right, so sorry.

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:35 PM

In other news.....5 members have wished another person to die in another thread.

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:39 PM

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...1#post10630522

Just for you ts...go and rant at people who actually want someone dead.

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:40 PM

Page one pal.

Oliver_W 17-07-2019 07:53 PM

I guess putting makeup on which is darker than one's own skintone is worse than getting people killed?

parmnion 17-07-2019 07:54 PM

For some forum users it does look like that.

Toy Soldier 17-07-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10630518)
In other news.....5 members have wished another person to die in another thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10630529)
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...1#post10630522

Just for you ts...go and rant at people who actually want someone dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10630534)
Page one pal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10630565)
I guess putting makeup on which is darker than one's own skintone is worse than getting people killed?

Is this the new trendy tactic in SD? Avoid a thread topic by making comments about something completely unrelated? :umm2:

"Well yes Trump etc etc but have you SEEN the price of Kinder Eggs these days?? And you're here kicking off about politics when there's a ROBBERY on the HIGH STREET under our very noses."