ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Lung Disease Linked to Vaping (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360498)

GoldHeart 18-08-2019 01:12 AM

Lung Disease Linked to Vaping

The number of people afflicted and hospitalised with serious lung disease connected to vaping continues to grow. This week, multiple states reported similar cases, and the toll of confirmed and possible victims has climbed into the dozens. Right now, health officials and outside experts still seem to be in the dark as to what exactly is going on.

On Thursday, the Wisconsin Department of Health Service reported that it had found 15 confirmed cases of the cluster, and suspect another possible 15 cases. In Illinois, health officials reported at least six people with “severe breathing problems after vaping,” and another five possible cases that are being looked into. Earlier this week, Minnesota health officials reported that four similar cases have occurred in the state recently.

Though no deaths have been reported as of yet, some patients have endured weeks of hospitalisation before they were able to recover, and some still have lingering lung and heart problems. There remains little concrete about what could be causing these symptoms.

https://gizmodo.com/dozens-of-people...e-l-1837308968

Kizzy 18-08-2019 01:51 AM

Not surprised in the slightest tbh, I've never understood the concept, if you ingest oil why people would think it wouldn't seriously damage their lungs ? :/

GoldHeart 18-08-2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10660455)
Not surprised in the slightest tbh, I've never understood the concept, if you ingest oil why people would think it wouldn't seriously damage their lungs ? :/

I predicted this would happen , who knows what those chemicals are that they're breathing in and out . These things need to be tested properly.

I knew it would turn out to be just as harmful as tobacco :bored: .

Kizzy 18-08-2019 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10660457)
I predicted this would happen , who knows what those chemicals are that they're breathing in and out . These things need to be tested properly.

I knew it would turn out to be just as harmful as tobacco :bored: .

Looks like it might be more... it's just really odd the way they burst onto the shelves with no longitudinal study or anything, something this invasive... somebody is making a lot of money from this.

arista 18-08-2019 08:23 AM

Yes Deadly Vaping

Toy Soldier 18-08-2019 08:57 AM

Inhale, Kizzy, not ingest, ingesting means swallowing /toysoldiersplain

But yes it is really odd that they were allowed for mass public use without any real testing. I also think a huge issue with them is that people don't use them the same way they would smoke. With smoking most people would light one up every so often (very few people would actually chain smoke all day long) whereas with the vaping because people feel like it's safer and it doesn't make you feel sick to overdo it like smoking does, a LOT of people are literally puffing on their little machines non-stop all day. I wonder if in an autopsy, the lungs of a "vaper" would be dripping with vape oil in the same way that smokers lungs are full of tar?

Marsh. 18-08-2019 11:10 AM

Well, not shocked. The things were never properly tested to begin with.

Vicky. 18-08-2019 11:13 AM

Surely it was obvious thats its not exactly good for you. It is, as mentioned astounding that they were approved for mass public use with no actual studies or anything done. I actually think might will turn out vaping is more dangerous long term than smoking is.

Alf 18-08-2019 12:45 PM

I never vaped, I just stuck to the tobacco.

Kizzy 18-08-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10660496)
Inhale, Kizzy, not ingest, ingesting means swallowing /toysoldiersplain

But yes it is really odd that they were allowed for mass public use without any real testing. I also think a huge issue with them is that people don't use them the same way they would smoke. With smoking most people would light one up every so often (very few people would actually chain smoke all day long) whereas with the vaping because people feel like it's safer and it doesn't make you feel sick to overdo it like smoking does, a LOT of people are literally puffing on their little machines non-stop all day. I wonder if in an autopsy, the lungs of a "vaper" would be dripping with vape oil in the same way that smokers lungs are full of tar?

Where would I be without you ts :rolleyes:
Would you not do both, your throat would be coated so you may ingest some also?
It would be interesting to know whether any vapers had experienced 'passing' any oily residue :yuk: