ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I FINALLY get my GCSE’s tomorrow! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360614)

Jodie. 22-08-2019 01:16 AM

I FINALLY get my GCSE’s tomorrow!

The day has COME! I remember posting in here about my subject options once so I’d like to update you all and say in a few hours I will have the RESULTS! Xx

Ant. 22-08-2019 01:51 AM

good luck! Honestly don't worry about the grades. As long as you pass Maths and English you can get into college/get jobs (although you'll need science GCSEs for some jobs/you'll need to pass any subjects you want to study to college if you want to go)

Your GCSEs don't need to be higher than passes (or your college's grade requirements) for uni either, that'll all depend on A Levels (although Medicine degrees and Oxbridge students (and possibly other really prestigious unis) require you get good GCSEs)

What's next for you once you've got your GCSEs? I'd ask what you chose for GCSEs but I guess I'll find out later

Kate! 22-08-2019 03:09 AM

Good luck Jodie x

Jodie. 22-08-2019 04:14 AM

Thank youse :love: I’m going Sixth Form next and I need 5 grade 4s (a 4 basically a grade C) to get in so fingers crossed! And yeah I’ll post what I got later haha x

But I still stand by the exam system is BOLLOCKS! Xx

Tony Montana 22-08-2019 06:18 AM

Good luck. :fc:

AnnieK 22-08-2019 07:35 AM

Good luck....let us know what you got x

Jodie. 22-08-2019 09:10 AM

4 in German and Endish Literature
5 in Science, Maths, English Language and Computer Science
6 in RE and History

A 4 is basically a C so I got what I needed to get into sixth from yess woooo buzzing x

Vicky. 22-08-2019 09:13 AM

Congrats. Stepson is getting his now and am a bit nervous as I told him I would give him money for results, but went a bit OTT...said 50 for a*, 40 for a, 30 b, 20 c. Forgot they had changed the grading too...so am hoping he does well, but him doing too well will bankrupt me :laugh:

Jodie. 22-08-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10662937)
Congrats. Stepson is getting his now and am a bit nervous as I told him I would give him money for results, but went a bit OTT...said 50 for a*, 40 for a, 30 b, 20 c. Forgot they had changed the grading too...so am hoping he does well, but him doing too well will bankrupt me :laugh:

Thanks Vicky haha good luck to him x

AnnieK 22-08-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Jesus Vicky....You could be skint! :laugh:

Ant. 22-08-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodie. (Post 10662936)
6 in RE and History

A 4 is basically a C so I got what I needed to get into sixth from yess woooo buzzing x

Well done!! What are you gonna study?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodie. (Post 10662890)
Thank youse :love: I’m going Sixth Form next and I need 5 grade 4s (a 4 basically a grade C) to get in so fingers crossed! And yeah I’ll post what I got later haha x

But I still stand by the exam system is BOLLOCKS! Xx

I really feel for you. I did the numbered English and Maths GCSEs (the rest of mine were graded with letters) and so I didn't have any coursework for English. I ended up doing well in English because we were given really nice questions about main characters but all the revision for copious amounts of poems and all these different themes and characters was overwhelming. With my other subjects I could use coursework as a safety net whereas you couldn't :worry:

The exam system got worse for you but I like to imagine the lack of coursework and harder exams will be good prep for college? Assuming you do A Levels

AnnieK 22-08-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodie. (Post 10662936)
6 in RE and History

Ah well done!!! Is a 6 and A then?

Kazanne 22-08-2019 09:41 AM

Good luck Jodie , my daughter got hers today , she did really well , we are so pleased, Well done to you, and good luck with your future.

Vicky. 22-08-2019 09:45 AM

https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/wp-conten...-1-310x383.png

Apparently

I still have no idea why they changed it all

Especially so that like..2 numbers are the same grade. 5/6 is B. 7/8 A, but also 8/9 A* :/

Nicky91 22-08-2019 09:59 AM

PM Boris Johnson about those who are getting their GCSE's today

Ant. 22-08-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10662949)
https://ofqual.blog.gov.uk/wp-conten...-1-310x383.png

Apparently

I still have no idea why they changed it all

Especially so that like..2 numbers are the same grade. 5/6 is B. 7/8 A, but also 8/9 A* :/

When I had it explained to me, they said they wanted to add more numbers as time went on :worry:

No idea why they changed it, but apparently the 8/9 divide is to split the highest achievers from the higher achievers?

Ant. 22-08-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Good luck to him, but if he tries to ask for money, say, "you got a 7, not an A, and I didn't say you'd get any money for a 7 :smug:"

He might be mad at you for a month but your bank account will thank you!

Vicky. 22-08-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10662969)
When I had it explained to me, they said they wanted to add more numbers as time went on :worry:

No idea why they changed it, but apparently the 8/9 divide is to split the highest achievers from the higher achievers?

Erm, would it not be better to give each their own number then? Like 9 is a* but a* with a better score is 10. Rather than this D:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10662970)
Good luck to him, but if he tries to ask for money, say, "you got a 7, not an A, and I didn't say you'd get any money for a 7 :smug:"

He might be mad at you for a month but your bank account will thank you!

Haha, thats pure evil. I might actually say this when he comes to collect..just to see what he does. Will still give him it like, but..this is a very good idea :D

Am sure he said he was taking 13. So thats, if he aced it all..like 650 to give him :umm2: Really should have thought it through a little more rather than be spontaneous

Ant. 22-08-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10662974)
Erm, would it not be better to give each their own number then? Like 9 is a* but a* with a better score is 10. Rather than this D:

Haha, thats pure evil. I might actually say this when he comes to collect..just to see what he does. Will still give him it like, but..this is a very good idea :D

Am sure he said he was taking 13. So thats, if he aced it all..like 650 to give him :umm2: Really should have thought it through a little more rather than be spontaneous

I'm guessing they will do that/similar when/if they add more numbers to the grading system? So the "B/C" gets changed do one number represents a B and a C/a high B and low B(?) I've been through it and I don't get it :laugh:

Hasn't he got them yet, or does he mean when he comes to get his money?

13? That's heavy, 10 was hard enough for me and I had easier GCSEs :worry: I wish him the best and I'm sure you do but I wouldn't blame you if a part of you wished he didn't achieve too high for your purse's sake :laugh:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 22-08-2019 12:42 PM

My niece got hers this morning and i was like

https://i.imgur.com/HRYKnZy.jpg

Reading them bc the new number system is sf confusing idk why they didn’t just keep the letter grading system

Jodie. 22-08-2019 09:30 PM

Thank you everyone :love: and yeah the number system is really confusing there was literally no reason to change it but yeah haha x

Jodie. 22-08-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10662945)
Well done!! What are you gonna study?

Amy Jade 22-08-2019 09:35 PM

Awwww well done! Glad you got the grades you needed x

Marsh. 22-08-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

For each grade? D:

michael21 22-08-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10663389)
For each grade? D:

She trying to work out a loophole as we speck