ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB3 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Would Jade be the Face of Big Brother if she hadn't died? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360715)

Ant. 25-08-2019 11:04 AM

Would Jade be the Face of Big Brother if she hadn't died?

Apologies if this thread comes off in poor taste, but hearing about the documentary made me think - could Jade have been the face of BBUK?

Arguably she was until her death/the controversy, and since then Nikki has been the poster child for BBUK. But could that have been Jade? Would we have seen Jade on BOTS every other day? Would Jade have done the Time warp twist? Would she have been in UBB?

Braden 25-08-2019 11:10 AM

I'd say that she still is, tbh. No number of spin-off appearances will stop her from being the first person that comes to mind when BBUK is mentioned. Especially among casual viewers.

Nicky91 25-08-2019 11:18 AM

omg

would is such a big word :joker: would my aunt had any balls, it would've been my uncle

''would''

:idc:

Greg! 25-08-2019 11:19 AM

Nikki is only really seen as the face of BB by fans of the show tbh. Most of the general public wouldn’t have heard of ha until you described her or showed a photo

Greg! 25-08-2019 11:21 AM

If Jade was on UBB she probs would have won unless she was spectacularly stupid and ruined her chances again by acting like a dick. Ugh get a bit emosh thinking about it! A redemption arc to end all redemption arcs.

Matthew. 25-08-2019 11:28 AM

It will always be Laura

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...2136?s=612x612

Liam- 25-08-2019 11:30 AM

Jade will always be the face of BB, she’s the one most casuals would mention if asked to name a housemate probably

Matthew. 25-08-2019 11:32 AM

Idk. She could well have been, but at the same time her CBB5 stint would hold her back a fair bit since people will always remember that. But like others have said she is probably the most well known housemate that’s come out of the show

The Slim Reaper 25-08-2019 11:33 AM

The face of Greggs most likely.

DouglasS 25-08-2019 11:34 AM

No

If there was even considered to be a face of Big Brother it’d probably be Davina in all honesty.

Had Jade never got cancer I think her fame would have disappeared due to her bad reputation pretty quick. I’d probably say Nikki is the most known because she has appeared so often?

DouglasS 25-08-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10664500)
Jade will always be the face of BB, she’s the one most casuals would mention if asked to name a housemate probably

I honestly don’t think that’s true - I’ve not heard anyone ever mention Jade Goody before, apart from once playing cards against humanity as her name was mentioned on a card. I’ve heard quite a lot of people talk / speak of Nikki grahame

At the time Jade was clearly very famous, but I don’t think she is actually remembered for big brother itself really

Marsh. 25-08-2019 11:36 AM

After the race row I doubt she'd have ever gone back on the show again.

She'd have probably stayed associated to repair her reputation. Probably a BOTS regular but I doubt she'd have ever wanted to be a housemate again.

DouglasS 25-08-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 10664495)
If Jade was on UBB she probs would have won unless she was spectacularly stupid and ruined her chances again by acting like a dick. Ugh get a bit emosh thinking about it! A redemption arc to end all redemption arcs.

Brian and Nikki were always going to be the final 2 of UBB. I don’t think Jade has any shot of reversing the reputation in such a short series - much like Makosi.

She’d probably have been first or second out. The first eviction was within days - not enough time for her to change any perception

Nicky91 25-08-2019 12:04 PM

there are more legends in BBUK history than just Jade honestly

Matthew. 25-08-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10664506)
I honestly don’t think that’s true - I’ve not heard anyone ever mention Jade Goody before, apart from once playing cards against humanity as her name was mentioned on a card. I’ve heard quite a lot of people talk / speak of Nikki grahame

At the time Jade was clearly very famous, but I don’t think she is actually remembered for big brother itself really

Lmao are you joking? Jade was one of the most famous reality stars in Britain, even people who didn’t watch BB at the time knew who she was. Her CBB5 stint had everyone talking, she did a lot for cervical cancer awareness and the documentary that was recently on reminded people of Jade and lots of people have been talking about it. You must have heard of her before surely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 10664494)
Nikki is only really seen as the face of BB by fans of the show tbh. Most of the general public wouldn’t have heard of ha until you described her or showed a photo

Yeah I agree with this

thesheriff443 25-08-2019 12:24 PM

The race row killed big brother, in death she has become the people’s princess to some when in reality she was out for all she could get.

The money she made before she died selling her soul to the sun news paper, for her sons was all swallowed up by her debts.

Morgan. 25-08-2019 12:25 PM

If people watched the documentary that was on recently, they’d realise the extent of her fame. Even my mum, whos been obsessed with BB since it’s inception, had completely forgotten how big she got in the media world. She was the original Reality Star and no one will ever replicate her level of success I don’t think.

DouglasS 25-08-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan. (Post 10664523)
If people watched the documentary that was on recently, they’d realise the extent of her fame. Even my mum, whos been obsessed with BB since it’s inception, had completely forgotten how big she got in the media world. She was the original Reality Star and no one will ever replicate her level of success I don’t think.

I’d say the Kardashians as reality stars have definitely replicated far more success than Jade Goody :laugh: (even if I don’t like them)
The youngest is a billionaire now

Morgan. 25-08-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10664527)
I’d say the Kardashians as reality stars have definitely replicated far more success than Jade Goody :laugh: (even if I don’t like them)

My mistake, I didn’t mean Reality stars as in the lifestyle reality. I meant the competition reality of BB/LI etc.

Jordan. 25-08-2019 01:04 PM

She died as the face of show. If she was still alive I think she would have eventually become bigger than BB and wouldn't be directly assosiated with it anymore, kinda like Kate and Alison.

arista 25-08-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10664488)
Apologies if this thread comes off in poor taste, but hearing about the documentary made me think - could Jade have been the face of BBUK?

Arguably she was until her death/the controversy, and since then Nikki has been the poster child for BBUK. But could that have been Jade? Would we have seen Jade on BOTS every other day? Would Jade have done the Time warp twist? Would she have been in UBB?

No that racism in the Celebrity Big Brother
destroyed her.

Nikki was a one off

Elliot 25-08-2019 02:35 PM

is she the face of big brother? no

could she have been if she was still here? probably

Marsh. 25-08-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10664527)

But they got their show from being children of a famous athlete and the others children of a lawyer in one of the biggest court cases in American history. They had fame and fortune, which gave them reality TV success. Nobody would've been interested in Kim's sex tape otherwise, either.

Not sure it can be measured in the same light as a young girl from a rough background being thrown into fame and fortune via being a contestant on Big Brother.