ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Bury have been expelled from the Football League (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360760)

Denver 27-08-2019 10:11 PM

Bury have been expelled from the Football League

Breaking News

Cherie 27-08-2019 10:15 PM

:sad: ...this could happen to literally any club now

bitontheslide 27-08-2019 10:26 PM

all bar the top premier league clubs are vulnerable, it's a shame, but like any business they have to work within their means

Denver 27-08-2019 10:37 PM

Its important to remember they are not out of business yet and still could be brought but will have to start way down the non league system

Alf 27-08-2019 11:50 PM

Tom Finney would go to work on a Saturday morning, then in the afternoon, he would get on the tram with the fans to the football ground, and go play for Preston North End.

He was one of the best players in the World and fans used to flock to see him. He earned £14 a week playing football, and the clubs could survive financial ruin.

The middle class vultures destroyed this working class game. They just take, take and take.

Glenn. 27-08-2019 11:51 PM

Let them all crash and burn

GiRTh 28-08-2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10666118)
Tom Finney would go to work on a Saturday morning, then in the afternoon, he would get on the tram with the fans to the football ground, and go play for Preston North End.

He was one of the best players in the World and fans used to flock to see him. He earned £14 a week playing football, and the clubs could survive financial ruin.

The middle class vultures destroyed this working class game. They just take, take and take.

I agree with you man :thumbs:

I think though, the whole success of the premiership is failing to trickle down. I wonder how much Bury players are on? I know there are Div one players at my home town club who are on in excess of 5k-10k a week. Those wages are not sustainable at that level. Its great that the National team is improving but at what cost?

James 28-08-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10666118)

Clubs went out of business back then too. Well Accrington Stanley is the one that springs to mind - that was in the 60s.

They are back now in the League One.

Alf 28-08-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 10666129)
Clubs went out of business back then too. Well Accrington Stanley is the one that springs to mind - that was in the 60s.

They are back now in the League One.

I don't think Accrington were playing in the Football league before they folded though, I think they'd already slipped into semi-pro football by that point.

Mystic Mock 28-08-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10666098)
:sad: ...this could happen to literally any club now

This, no club is safe.

I have been reading up on phoenix clubs and how the owners got them to operate and survive and it won't be an easy road for Bury, but I hope for the fans sake that it works out well.

bitontheslide 28-08-2019 07:42 AM

The premier league could easily set up an emergency fund that could be used to help teams in a dire financial state to help them avoid problems such as these. However, we can't really get away from the fact that clubs need to be run prudently. There is no point rescuing a club that isn't run properly

Denver 28-08-2019 10:40 AM

The Question is why was he allowed to buy Bury despite being involved in almost 30 companies that went bust

AnnieK 28-08-2019 10:48 AM

This is sad and I think its a shame that the EFL couldn't wait a few more days considering there were other deals on the table for the sale. Its a shame for the sake of a few days to investigate the sales they have thrown 134 years of history away. When we were kids we spent a lot of time at Gigg Lane - it was always cheap or free to get in to watch matches when we were priced out at Utd or Bolton even. :sad:

Denver 28-08-2019 04:07 PM

A consortium with 7m in the bank is willing to buy Bury if they are reinstated.

Surely they wont listen to that deal if they only have 7m in the bank but 9m in debt

Mystic Mock 28-08-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10666387)
A consortium with 7m in the bank is willing to buy Bury if they are reinstated.

Surely they wont listen to that deal if they only have 7m in the bank but 9m in debt

I agree with you tbh.

If it was me I would put the extra 2 million in the bank to show that I could pay the debt off, and then maybe an extra million to round it up to 10 million pounds, it would also show the EFL and the Bury fans that I had the funds to run the club if I'm putting extra money in the bank that the EFL doesn't even necessarily need.

Ammi 29-08-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10666245)
This is sad and I think its a shame that the EFL couldn't wait a few more days considering there were other deals on the table for the sale. Its a shame for the sake of a few days to investigate the sales they have thrown 134 years of history away. When we were kids we spent a lot of time at Gigg Lane - it was always cheap or free to get in to watch matches when we were priced out at Utd or Bolton even. :sad:

..I read this morning about someone saying that their dad’s ashes were on that turf...:sad:..it was heartbreaking in watching some people of the town being interviewed yesterday...they’ve lost something really intrinsic to who they are...to their roots and childhoods..?...especially now when the country is about to go through one of the most uncertain times in history...that balance of something positive and something they could feel support for...was so important...it’s just so incredibly sad for them, Annie...

...I’m not a football person I have to say and probably really naive...but why isn’t a portion of those incredibly highly paid salaries from players and managers etc, donated into a fund to help with things like this..?..

Denver 29-08-2019 03:36 PM

The EFL have confirmed they wont rescind Bury Removal form the Football League

Mystic Mock 29-08-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10667278)
The EFL have confirmed they wont rescind Bury Removal form the Football League

:bawling:

Denver 03-09-2019 02:07 PM

They may be allowed to reentry in league 2 next season

Mystic Mock 03-09-2019 02:13 PM

That's great news.

Hopefully The Shakers can get back to League One, financially intact this time.

Denver 03-09-2019 02:31 PM

I dont think they should be allowed back in tbh

Mystic Mock 03-09-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10670544)
I dont think they should be allowed back in tbh

Why though? They've still been punished for overspending, and it's the league that they were in before the financial troubles started.

The only thing I hope is that it doesn't stop a team from the National League from being promoted that otherwise would've.

Denver 03-09-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10670547)
Why though? They've still been punished for overspending, and it's the league that they were in before the financial troubles started.

The only thing I hope is that it doesn't stop a team from the National League from being promoted that otherwise would've.

Because the owner refused to sell so many times which led to the expulsion where as teams who can keep finances under control will be punished, they should allow a 3rd promotion front the National league to replace them

Mystic Mock 04-09-2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10670558)
Because the owner refused to sell so many times which led to the expulsion where as teams who can keep finances under control will be punished, they should allow a 3rd promotion front the National league to replace them

I get where you're coming from as it is the most fair system.

I just feel sorry for the fans and the regular people that work at the club who have had the worry of possibly losing their club/job, which for the latter would probably have to happen so that they could afford to run the team if they went into the North West Counties League.

For the Bury fans though they should enjoy themselves if the club does return next season, whether it's in League Two, or the lowest level of professional Football.

Mystic Mock 28-09-2019 03:43 AM

As it currently stands, Bury are trying to apply to be apart of the National League next season after the 71 EFL clubs turned them down to re-enter in League Two next season.

This is according to BBC Sport but my Computer is busted at the moment when trying to do links.