ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Boris has asked the Queen to suspend Parliment, The Queen has now approved (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360771)

Alf 03-10-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10688740)
EU says no :hehe:

once out, Always out

Here Here!

Withano 03-10-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10688698)
Actually people just want out and to be done with it, but going back in the original vote would destroy the country

I think the majority would actually want in and to be done with it because they like food and medicine etc.

Toy Soldier 03-10-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10688664)
How nice ,calling people stupid just because they don't share your views, some youndg people are very astute and know exactly what they voted for, your problem if you don't like that.

I'm not calling anyone stupid for not sharing my views, I'm alling them stupid for voting for something that will directly affect them in extremely negative ways. It's ridiculous. And no they don't know "exactly what they voted for" - they won't know until we're out of the EU and we start to actually see the economic damage that has been caused, the job losses, the devalued £, the lack of any trade deal that doesn't leave us worse off than we were as part of the single market, and the inability to move freely throughout Europe.

Some young people are indeed very astute. Most of them, actually. I am in no way calling people stupid because they're young... most young people voted remain.

I'm calling the Dragon Soup swilling yokels who spend too much time listening to their racist grandad, and not enough time learning about the global economy, stupid. Dumb as a bag of hammers. And no, I'm not sorry, because I'm extremely peeved that the country is going to be severely damaged by the popular vote of idiots.

Toy Soldier 03-10-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10688686)
Lets be real. If there was another referendum, remain would win at least 60:40. Probs way more.

People change their mind when faced with 4 years of migraines... and old people die a lot.

Nah, it would be 50/50 again. Maybe swing 52/48 to remain, maybe stay exactly what it was, because 2% either way is a pretty standard error margin. Nothing has changed in the public mindset. The people who voted for Brexit didn't understand the consequences then, and they don't understand them now.

Withano 03-10-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10688745)
Nah, it would be 50/50 again. Maybe swing 52/48 to remain, maybe stay exactly what it was, because 2% either way is a pretty standard error margin. Nothing has changed in the public mindset. The people who voted for Brexit didn't understand the consequences then, and they don't understand them now.

I disagree. I know a lot of people my age that wouldn’t dream of voting leave again. And far more leavers have died than remainers. And most of the new voters would be remainers too.

60:40 at least imo.

Alf 03-10-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10688744)
I'm not calling anyone stupid for not sharing my views, I'm alling them stupid for voting for something that will directly affect them in extremely negative ways. It's ridiculous. And no they don't know "exactly what they voted for" - they won't know until we're out of the EU and we start to actually see the economic damage that has been caused, the job losses, the devalued £, the lack of any trade deal that doesn't leave us worse off than we were as part of the single market, and the inability to move freely throughout Europe.

Some young people are indeed very astute. Most of them, actually. I am in no way calling people stupid because they're young... most young people voted remain.

I'm calling the Dragon Soup swilling yokels who spend too much time listening to their racist grandad, and not enough time learning about the global economy, stupid. Dumb as a bag of hammers. And no, I'm not sorry, because I'm extremely peeved that the country is going to be severely damaged by the popular vote of idiots.

Why will it effect us in a negative way by not being in the EU Empire (aka The Dark side) but not effect other countries in a negative way that are not in the EU empire? What makes us special?

Tom4784 03-10-2019 01:53 PM

A delay is the only real option if they aren't going to go for the deal and I don't blame people for not going for Boris' deal since it won't prevent problems from arising with Ireland.

No deal is not an option and they need more time to sort out the backstop issue.

Twosugars 03-10-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10688740)
EU says no :hehe:

once out, Always out

:joker:

Tom4784 03-10-2019 01:55 PM

If there was another referendum, we'd get similar margins but reversed and then we'd inevitably end up with a third referendum down the line.

There will never be a definitive majority on whether or not we should remain or leave and so how we leave must be a compromise which is with a deal. You cannot justify a no deal brexit with only a few percent difference in votes.

Twosugars 03-10-2019 01:58 PM

You cant make an informed decision without knowing facts

How can you appreciate the backstop without knowing we dont own Ireland for example?

The Slim Reaper 03-10-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10688752)
Why will it effect us in a negative way by not being in the EU Empire (aka The Dark side) but not effect other countries in a negative way that are not in the EU empire? What makes us special?

This has been explained numerous times. You don't believe the truth.

More importantly than any of the financial implications, it's pretty much impossible for brexit and the good friday agreement to exist at the same time, so all this take back control, whilst we try to screw over a partner in the union, shows how it's purely ideological.

Cherie 03-10-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10688633)
You are screwing this waaay out of proportion cherie... nobody is wishing death on anyone.
I can't speak for others but personally it is my experience that old more conservative voters have a propensity to xenophobia too...That is my opinion, if you don't agree fine.
It's my observation.

and so because they are 'xenophobic' some people cant wait for them to die, is that where we are at?

JC is old, is it okay for him to die off so we can be done with him? hey why not go the whole hog and euthanise anyone over 70 if they don't care for our views, but this is the tolerant generation, right, we accept everyone and everything and anything goes, expect only it doesn't

Toy Soldier 03-10-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10688752)

Nothing. It will effect the rest of Europe in a negative way and the knock-on impact could well affect other aspects of the global economy.

However; the other countries will be negatively impacted by losing a link with ONE country. We will be affected by losing a direct link with DOZENS of countries, and the single market link with THE ENTIRE WORLD. It's just a bit different. I suspect it's you who believes that we are somehow "special" and that these other countries will be terribly damaged by losing us... comparable to us losing ALL of them?

Toy Soldier 03-10-2019 02:48 PM

Though I agree there's no point in trying to "remain" at this point, as it'll only draw the disagreement out forever.

The only sensible option at this point is to leave the "full" EU but maintain a customs and freedom of movement union, and then try to gradually step it up to be as close to full economic membership as possible.

Twosugars 03-10-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10688766)
and so because they are 'xenophobic' some people cant wait for them to die, is that where we are at?

JC is old, is it okay for him to die off so we can be done with him? hey why not go the whole hog and euthanise anyone over 70 if they don't care for our views, but this is the tolerant generation, right, we accept everyone and everything and anything goes, expect only it doesn't

:laugh:

You milked it for all it's worth and more

Old people die as do their opinions

Here for rejoining the eu in the future :dance:

Cherie 03-10-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10688773)
:laugh:

You milked it for all it's worth and more

Old people die as do their opinions

Here for rejoining the eu in the future :dance:

and young people are born and have equally vile opinions but they wont die for ages, is that where you are at?

all this being woke must be very tiring when it doesn't apply across the board, only when it suits lol

Twosugars 03-10-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10688768)
Though I agree there's no point in trying to "remain" at this point, as it'll only draw the disagreement out forever.

The only sensible option at this point is to leave the "full" EU but maintain a customs and freedom of movement union, and then try to gradually step it up to be as close to full economic membership as possible.

Absolutely.

Brexiters need to taste their own medicine first

Let's give them a chance to show us those sun lit uplands of brexit :hee: cant wait

Cherie 03-10-2019 03:07 PM

I am also of the opinion now that there is no point in a second referendum, the show must go on now, come what may

Twosugars 03-10-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10688774)
and young people are born and have equally vile opinions but they wont die for ages, is that where you are at?

all this being woke must be very tiring when it doesn't apply across the board, only when it suits lol

What are you talking about? Woke?
Theres nothing woke about changing opinions and people of different ages having different perspectives

I realize you try hard to be outraged but death is a biological inevitability

Alf 03-10-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10688775)
Absolutely.

Brexiters need to taste their own medicine first

Let's give them a chance to show us those sun lit uplands of brexit :hee: cant wait

Rule Britannia
Brittania rule the waves
Brittons never, never, never shall be slaves

Twosugars 03-10-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10688780)
Rule Britannia
Brittania rules the waves

We dont rule the waves anymore. Not for a long while.

But prepare to be slaves to america, china...and the eu :hee:

The Slim Reaper 03-10-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10688780)
Rule Britannia
Brittania rule the waves

We just had the contract to move slaves around the world, on those waves we ruled.

Kazanne 03-10-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10688738)
Not how I read it.
You stated some young people are astute ..... Then added indicating they were the ones who didn't agree with the poster.

Thereby, what does that make those who voted remain.
You can't think them astute too, from your own words.
So I stand by the point I raised.

I'd also dare bet, most of those young voting leave.
In no way, were voting happy to leave with no deal as you advocate, just to get it done.

I'm not arguing with you Joey I know what I meant ,whatever slant you put on it , no need to split hairs, to make it easier I will say the young people who want out are NOT necessarily stupid,they could have various reasons for wanting to leave.

Cherie 03-10-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10688779)
What are you talking about? Woke?
Theres nothing woke about changing opinions and people of different ages having different perspectives

I realize you try hard to be outraged but death is a biological inevitability

what has death got to do with Brexit?

You are talking about people dying and the UK rejoining... you have no idea what the next generation of young people will think, if we leave they will be born into a country that lies outside the UK and may not want to rejoin, and they will moan about the oldies (you) harking back to the EU membership years ….lol

arista 03-10-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10688783)
We dont rule the waves anymore. Not for a long while.

But prepare to be slaves to America, China...and the eu :hee:

Never
Silly words from you
even if in jest...................