ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Boris has asked the Queen to suspend Parliment, The Queen has now approved (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360771)

joeysteele 30-08-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10667753)
John Major joins legal attempt to block suspension of parliament

Good for him I say.

bitontheslide 30-08-2019 09:55 AM

Here is the thing, what Boris is doing now is cynical ... i don't think anyone being honest would disagree with that. It would be undemocratic if Boris had shut parliament down permanently, but he is shutting it down for a very specific interval so although people can be rightly frustrated about it, there isn't a single party in parliament that wouldn't do exactly the same thing if the circumstances they found themselves in justified it.

Over the last 3 years, our entire parliament has been cynical. MP's who were brexiteers voted against the deal, thats cynical

MP's voted to take over the business in parliament, that's cynical. They forced a whole range of different votes, and nothing was approved. That's MP's being cynical

For a year, May was delaying putting the vote to parliament, waiting to the last possible moment for a vote, to try and force a deal upon the nation, that's cynical

May put the same bill to parliament 3 times, to try and force it through, thats cynical

The speaker cherry picked items in a biased way, that's cynical

Corbyn and the labour party have been transparent in their attempts to exploit the situation to try and grab power, thats cynical

So again, i can see why people are frustrated at the cynical action of Boris, but, no-one in parliament over these last 3 years has behaved any differently to him

Kizzy 30-08-2019 10:14 AM

The "parliament are not sitting for 4 weeks anyway due to conference" argument falls on its arse immediately, if parliament are not sitting due to conference, why the need to formally suspend it?
Unless you are making sure that even if they could, should or needed to, they couldn't?

joeysteele 30-08-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10667775)
The "parliament are not sitting for 4 weeks anyway due to conference" argument falls on its arse immediately, if parliament are not sitting due to conference, why the need to formally suspend it?
Unless you are making sure that even if they could, should or needed to, they couldn't?

... and that's the real point Kizzy.
Well said.

Also NO modern PM or government has done this for so long a period either.

Daniel-X 30-08-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10666417)
Hi diddly dee an independent life for me.

Not long now, and we'll be set free, free from our unelected leaders. An independent country once again. I can't wait to laugh at you anti British losers crying your fake tears.

Ha ha ha ha

Like Boris you mean? :)

Marsh. 30-08-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10666333)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDDMtNeX...jpg&name=small
Jacob has gone UP
to Scotland to officially get the Queen to sign it.

Fancy wearing a Hitler tash. He has no shame.

Kizzy 30-08-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10667768)
Here is the thing, what Boris is doing now is cynical ... i don't think anyone being honest would disagree with that. It would be undemocratic if Boris had shut parliament down permanently, but he is shutting it down for a very specific interval so although people can be rightly frustrated about it, there isn't a single party in parliament that wouldn't do exactly the same thing if the circumstances they found themselves in justified it.

Over the last 3 years, our entire parliament has been cynical. MP's who were brexiteers voted against the deal, thats cynical

MP's voted to take over the business in parliament, that's cynical. They forced a whole range of different votes, and nothing was approved. That's MP's being cynical

For a year, May was delaying putting the vote to parliament, waiting to the last possible moment for a vote, to try and force a deal upon the nation, that's cynical

May put the same bill to parliament 3 times, to try and force it through, thats cynical

Corbyn and the labour party have been transparent in their attempts to exploit the situation to try and grab power, thats cynical

So again, i can see why people are frustrated at the cynical action of Boris, but, no-one in parliament over these last 3 years has behaved any differently to him

Thats your opinion, however I say that to suggest any party would subvert parliamentary process and therefore democracy is wrong. It's not cynical it's autocratic.

bitontheslide 30-08-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10667784)
Thats your opinion, however I say that to suggest any party would subvert parliamentary process and therefore democracy is wrong. It's not cynical it's autocratic.

the word is exploited, not subverted. There is a difference. MP's exploit processes for their own purposes all the time. It's the nature of the beast

Twosugars 30-08-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10666333)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDDMtNeX...jpg&name=small
Jacob has gone UP
to Scotland to officially get the Queen to sign it.

The man who started dressing like a Victorian banker when he was a child :umm2:

Jessica. 30-08-2019 10:31 AM

The UK is a mess at the moment, it's very sad.

The Slim Reaper 30-08-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10667768)

I'll always admire your ability to take the most elaborate and long winded way to justify the unjustifiable.

arista 30-08-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10667792)
The UK is a mess at the moment, it's very sad.

Only from the Labour side

bitontheslide 30-08-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10667794)
I'll always admire your ability to take the most elaborate and long winded way to justify the unjustifiable.

and i always admire your ability to make a mountain out of a mole hill on every occasion :hehe:

Jessica. 30-08-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10667795)
Only from the Labour side

You are mistaken, honey.

The Slim Reaper 30-08-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10667796)
and i always admire your ability to make a mountain out of a mole hill on every occasion :hehe:

Evidence vs feelings.

smudgie 30-08-2019 10:46 AM

Judge has refused to order temporary halt to parliament suspension plans.

The Slim Reaper 30-08-2019 10:54 AM

parmnion 30-08-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10667790)
The man who started dressing like a Victorian banker when he was a child :umm2:

Yet you are all for children dressing up as they want just the other day :shrug:

arista 30-08-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10667797)
You are mistaken, honey.

Look the Labour Leader
is Bonkers

he wants a visit with the Queen.

The Queen has already agreed
the extra 5 days

arista 30-08-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10667808)

No its not Fish
he keeps backtracking

The Slim Reaper 30-08-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10667813)
No its not Fish
he keeps backtracking

WTF are you on about?

Kizzy 30-08-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10667789)
the word is exploited, not subverted. There is a difference. MP's exploit processes for their own purposes all the time. It's the nature of the beast

How about you choose your words and I'll choose mine?!
The only thing that has been exploited here is the truth, luckily Ben Wallace let it slip, so not as many of us are under any illusion as to the intention here.
By you suggesting he is exploiting parliamentary process is basically an admittance that proves he has some reason or purpose to serve in suspending parliament ... and that reason is to prevent parliamentary process.

Twosugars 30-08-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10667810)
Yet you are all for children dressing up as they want just the other day :shrug:

For once you have point. And you made me change my mind. I won't take the piss out of his dress sense any more.

Kazanne 30-08-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10667749)
Hi Kazanne.
With respect the Queen has to accept her Prime Minister's requests and advice.

She can't do anything else.
No matter what her own views may be.

Every PM knows that.
To have then put her in this position unnecessarily is what's wrong.

Sadly it's put the Queen at odds with not only people but Nations too like Scotland and N Ireland.
The poor woman has only done what she had to do.
With a modern PM unbelievably choosing to put her in that position when he never needed to.
Knowing she really couldn't refuse.

That's really worrying or should be.

:wavey: Joey, I just wish they would get on with it, its getting really annoying now , Isn't the queen for Brexit ? I heard his today,I am not too well versed on her duties tbh, I just thought that maybe why she said yes to Boris.

Kizzy 30-08-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10667796)

Is this constitutional crisis a molehill? :shrug: