ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Walking Dead Season 10 Discussion Thread (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361027)

Strictly Jake 06-09-2019 06:38 PM

The Walking Dead Season 10 Discussion Thread

1 month to go!!!! Eeeeeek!!!!

Love it so much

Nicky91 17-09-2019 08:59 AM

Nicky91 17-09-2019 09:12 AM

Spoiler:

so the Thora Birch casting as Gamma, is done probably because Lydia had become good, and chose for the living rather than the dead, and this Gamma is one of alpha's closest followers, alongside Beta basically

Nicky91 18-09-2019 06:57 PM

episode 1 title
Spoiler:

Lines we Cross

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

The group in Oceanside continues to train in case the Whisperers return; tensions are high as the heroes struggle to hold onto their concept of civilization.

some promo photos too of episode 1

Spoiler:

https://i.imgur.com/EypTmRL.jpg so we're getting more Nadia Hilker action definitely as Magna

Nicky91 18-09-2019 07:04 PM

and it seems episode 2 we're gonna get
Spoiler:

a backstory into the origins of Alpha and Beta

Strictly Jake 18-09-2019 07:09 PM

Thanks for the updates Nicky. But I'm scared to open the spoilers. Do they give big details away?

Nicky91 18-09-2019 07:15 PM

nah just a episode title, synopsis for episode 1, and a few promo photos which are otherwise too large

btw a non-spoiler, but more a casting wish, Henry Ian Cusick should do TWD too, the man is a amazing actor, he slayed as desmond on Lost, as marcus kane on the 100 and again slaying with his role on the passage

Strictly Jake 18-09-2019 07:27 PM

OK I've taken a look. Thanks!..

Glad oceanside are back. They haven't been shown for a while

Nicky91 18-09-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10680414)
OK I've taken a look. Thanks!..

Glad oceanside are back. They haven't been shown for a while

yes and also few things i hoped for being there in the upcoming season so yeah that adds to my excitement

like the
Spoiler:

backstories for alpha, beta, i have a feeling it will be used to properly introduce Gamma, thora birch's character her backstory etc

Strictly Jake 18-09-2019 07:34 PM

Alpha Beta and Gamma are such crap names to be fair

Nicky91 18-09-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10680423)
Alpha Beta and Gamma are such crap names to be fair

they are commander names, their real names are way different ;)

Ryan Hurst is a badass as Beta anyway, surviving that fall down elevator shaft last season

i do feel like producers have wasted few characters on the pikes like that gang with the biker jackets they seemed interesting i thought

Strictly Jake 18-09-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10680426)
they are commander names, their real names are way different ;)

Ryan Hurst is a badass as Beta anyway, surviving that fall down elevator shaft last season

i do feel like producers have wasted few characters on the pikes like that gang with the biker jackets they seemed interesting i thought

Yeah I agree. The pikes were horrific

But Im still wishing it stuck to the comics of the way Carl died. Imagine if Rick had found Carl's head on a pike?!!!!

Strictly Jake 18-09-2019 07:44 PM

Also isn't it weird that rick was gone the whole of the season yet we didn't even realise. The whole 8 seasons before were based on him and he was the face of the show. I kind of miss him but the show has taken on a new direction since

Moniqua 23-09-2019 05:08 PM

spoiler about a possible character death:

Spoiler:

Quote:

We have received some information that Kelly (Connie's sister) may have met her end recently. This should have occurred in 10x09 filming. (What WE believe is 10x09)

The information appears to be that Kelly, Connie, Daryl, Jerry, Aaron and Carol trigger a trap set by Alpha involving a rocky waterfall while outside the communities. Rocks underneath the group turn loose -and all but Kelly manage to get their footing again and up to a cave within the waterfall. She either falls to her death, or to the walkers waiting underneath them.

This is unconfirmed and we will update this to confirmed/debunked as soon we can.

i like kelly :(

Nicky91 25-09-2019 01:26 PM

Spoiler:

Cailey Fleming (Judith Grimes)

Cassady McClincy (Lydia)

Lauren Ridloff (Connie)

Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko)

Nadia Hilker (Magna)

Ryan Hurst (Beta)

have been promoted to series regulars, and also Cooper Andrews (who has been playing Jerry since season 7 has finally also got a promotion to series regular

arista 04-10-2019 07:13 AM

Strictly Jake 04-10-2019 09:13 AM

Only a few days to go...... Aaaaahhh

Nicky91 04-10-2019 09:21 AM

:dance: monday also for me

Nicky91 07-10-2019 03:32 PM

so hyped for tonight :dance:

Strictly Jake 07-10-2019 04:17 PM

Whoop whoop!

Toy Soldier 09-10-2019 12:27 PM

.... Was the season opener... Bad? I feel like it was bad :umm2:. The script wasn't good, the delivery was somehow off for a lot of characters (Michonne I'm looking at you) but I think that's because half of her dialogue seemed like it was for a totally different character. Didn't fit her at all so it seemed really forced. I have some major reservations about the cinematography and sound design too. What's going on? It felt really... Soapy. And while TWD has had soapy story elements for years, this is the first time it's felt like it in terms of how it's actually shot...

Hope its just a blip, last season was great. But at this point FTWD is just a far, far better show and I'd rather see the main TWD ended and a couple of key characters siphoned over to Fear than vice versa... And who would have imagined THAT a few years ago :worry:.

Strictly Jake 09-10-2019 12:36 PM

I agree it was a tad boring to be honest. But it was just building up the return of alpha which is a bit odd as there wasn't really a mention of how long it had been since they last saw her... Were we supposed to guess? Also what was the titles about before each scene... Wasn't a fan... I was a fan of the satellite though I forgot stuff like that would still be flying round space while chaos was on earth

Also there was mention of Maggie so I'm hoping she makes a return this season

I just want to see more of the world in the Zombie era it just feels like they are in one area..not even a country. It feels small I think expansion is now needed

Nicky91 09-10-2019 12:38 PM

harsh critics in here :idc: while on thespoilingdeadfans most people rate this first ep a 9 or a 10 out of 10

Niamh. 09-10-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10692444)
.... Was the season opener... Bad? I feel like it was bad :umm2:. The script wasn't good, the delivery was somehow off for a lot of characters (Michonne I'm looking at you) but I think that's because half of her dialogue seemed like it was for a totally different character. Didn't fit her at all so it seemed really forced. I have some major reservations about the cinematography and sound design too. What's going on? It felt really... Soapy. And while TWD has had soapy story elements for years, this is the first time it's felt like it in terms of how it's actually shot...

Hope its just a blip, last season was great. But at this point FTWD is just a far, far better show and I'd rather see the main TWD ended and a couple of key characters siphoned over to Fear than vice versa... And who would have imagined THAT a few years ago :worry:.

Totally agree.

Regarding the opener
The whole Negan wise old man, it's just not believable after all the **** he did? Come off it

Toy Soldier 09-10-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10692451)
harsh critics in here :idc: while on thespoilingdeadfans most people rate this first ep a 9 or a 10 out of 10

10 out of 10 is just ridiculous, there have been at most one or two episodes in the entire show that could claim 10/10 (and that's how it should be).

I'd honestly struggle to justify more than 6/10 here.