ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Walking Dead Season 10 Discussion Thread (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361027)

Toy Soldier 30-10-2019 09:22 AM

To be fair; the last episode was actually a very good episode, hoping it's back on track. I'm still amazed that they managed to pull Daryl back from the brink of being a completely one-dimensional character for several seasons into a one of the more well rounded characters on the show :think:. Aaron/Negan scenes have been great too tbh. They even managed to create an actual realistic, character driven scene between Eugene and Rosita which up until now hasn't been hitting home at all as a storyline.

And although I know it's utterly unrealistic - I'm totally here for Ninja Judith with her little katana :joker:. Zombie-killing machine. Just send her off into Whisperer territory alone, she'll come back with Alpha and Beta's heads in a backpack.

Niamh. 30-10-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10703227)
I feel this series is pretty great so far and I like how they have reintroduced music back into the program it feels like old times

Last weeks was a brilliant episode

This one wasn't as good but it's a good lead up to the whisperers war

And I bloody love negan so much

Oh god the music this episode really annoyed me, that counting thing, it was really distracting

Meh crappy episode. Highlight was Judith the walker Slayer

Toy Soldier 30-10-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10703730)
Oh god the music this episode really annoyed me, that counting thing, it was really distracting

Meh crappy episode. Highlight was Judith the walker Slayer

I'm telling you, she could sort it all out. They'd be like "Why is this little kid out here on her own? Let's capture her and OH MY GOD SHE'S KILLING EVERYONE!"

Niamh. 30-10-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10703737)
I'm telling you, she could sort it all out. They'd be like "Why is this little kid out here on her own? Let's capture her and OH MY GOD SHE'S KILLING EVERYONE!"

:laugh:

Definitely Shanes kids, lbr :idc:

Toy Soldier 30-10-2019 09:59 AM

"I'm going to be your additional ears Michonne :)"
*Judith hands Michonne a sack*
"Judith wh... what is this?? Is this a sack full of actual ears??"
"Those are the whisperers ears yes :)"

Jessica. 04-11-2019 12:37 AM

That kiss was do cringe, I hated it.

I'm glad that negan went to the whisperers because he's disposable

I can’t believe Rosita called her baby Coco

Eugene is so stupid, I hate him

Strictly Jake 04-11-2019 10:00 PM

Well that was a great episode

And I adore negan so much

Nicky91 05-11-2019 07:31 AM

good episode, Negan's first encounter with whisperers, and also him proving he has changed for the good when not giving in to brandon's savior thoughts anymore, also fab how enraged he was when brandon killed that mother and son

some for next episode
Spoiler:

one picture we see beta and then it might be Lydia on her knees before him, i am wondering who brought her there, ''the mole'' and i'm trying to find out who that might be :think: i have siddiq, dante as my suspects and mostly onto dante as i don't quite trust him

Spoiler:

we see Negan being brought to whisperer campsite, so we will get his first conversation with Alpha probably, and he has the advantage that he can tell he was locked up at Alexandria, so he can strategically survive it there, it would be cool if he's the one who kills alpha and brings back her head to michonne and others

Strictly Jake 05-11-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10706126)
good episode, Negan's first encounter with whisperers, and also him proving he has changed for the good when not giving in to brandon's savior thoughts anymore, also fab how enraged he was when brandon killed that mother and son

some for next episode
Spoiler:

one picture we see beta and then it might be Lydia on her knees before him, i am wondering who brought her there, ''the mole'' and i'm trying to find out who that might be :think: i have siddiq, dante as my suspects and mostly onto dante as i don't quite trust him

Spoiler:

we see Negan being brought to whisperer campsite, so we will get his first conversation with Alpha probably, and he has the advantage that he can tell he was locked up at Alexandria, so he can strategically survive it there, it would be cool if he's the one who kills alpha and brings back her head to michonne and others

Is Dante the doctor? Because I haven't trusted him at all since we have seen him. There is something off about him

I don't mean Siddiq I mean the other doctor

Nicky91 05-11-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10706128)
Is Dante the doctor? Because I haven't trusted him at all since we have seen him. There is something off about him

I don't mean Siddiq I mean the other doctor

yes, Siddiq's only problem is that he's got a bit of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) from being only survivor at the barn but other than that i trust him a bit more than Dante

and someone did give alpha information about them having crossed their border 3 times or at least that's what i think, how is she otherwise supposed to know this precisely

and Lydia would never do that, since she's basically against her mom's group

Toy Soldier 05-11-2019 11:47 AM

If it goes with the comics,

Spoiler:

Negan does kill Alpha, which sparks an all out war against the communities lead by Beta. HOWEVER... obviously the show doesn't always go with the comics, and I have a strong suspicion that in the show Negan will kill Beta and the war will be lead by Alpha. She's obviously the much more developed villain of the two. And I'm pretty sure that Alpha is going to be killed by Carol.

Niamh. 05-11-2019 11:49 AM

Ugh Negan back to his annoying self at the end, even the stupid voice is back

Nicky91 05-11-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10706227)
If it goes with the comics,

Spoiler:

Negan does kill Alpha, which sparks an all out war against the communities lead by Beta. HOWEVER... obviously the show doesn't always go with the comics, and I have a strong suspicion that in the show Negan will kill Beta and the war will be lead by Alpha. She's obviously the much more developed villain of the two. And I'm pretty sure that Alpha is going to be killed by Carol.

Spoiler:

nah, i have more and more belief that Alpha might go down in mid season finale, and second half of season 10 it being the war with Beta as whisperer leader, and we getting a Beta vs Daryl part 2 fight too

oh and btw
Spoiler:

it was revealed Lauren Cohan (Maggie) does return in this season 10 somewhere

Nicky91 12-11-2019 07:47 AM

Negan joining the whisperers, honestly he has a plan (he's friends with Judith, Lydia and he saved aaron's life, also been a bit more on daryl's good side after he saved Lydia from those highwaymen goons)

my thoughts
Spoiler:

Daryl had let Negan out, possibly because of wanting a inside man at whisperers camp and no one of theirs can do that, Negan can play it like ''i was locked up for years at your enemy, i got information'' thing

as for the mole, i know who it is now, i figured it out, Dante, and also 11 people at Alexandria with stomach virus, that is suspicious, maybe a silent whisperer attack to weaken them from inside

Strictly Jake 12-11-2019 08:04 AM

Yeah possibly daryl let Negan out. Either way Negan has a plan

But yeah my suspicions on Dante seem to be right at the moment. All those sick people it wouldn't suprise me if he didn't give the correct treatment to make them better and I think the water is making them all sick as the whisperers polluted it with walker guts

So I'm expected a zombie outbreak in camp pretty soon and Dante will make sure it happens

Mystic Mock 14-11-2019 07:00 PM

Why is this show just not killing Negan? No offence meant towards the actor, but he is playing a character that imo feels like it's insulting the audience intelligence.

I don't buy for one minute that this group wouldn't kill Negan after what he'd done to them.

He reminds me of Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer with how stupid and unrealistic his writing is. I mean the show can't even remember that he tried to have Rick saw Carl's arm off when they had him say that "I'd never harm a kid" what do they take us for?!

Strictly Jake 14-11-2019 07:26 PM

Im the opposite i adore negan! I have loved his character arc.

His redemption is possible....when he had large groups of people worshipping him the power went to his head and he was evil. But maybe the amount of time he has been left alone isolated and has been shown mercy and has got to know the likes of judith it could be the case that he has become a man he might have been way back before the walker days....he seems to like young people i think he might have been a youth worker or teacher...has this been explored? But when he had the breakdown in his cell i believe that was genuine he had many years to think about what he did and how much he missed his wife lucille

It begs the question now what negans plan is

But i believe the character arc

And jeffrey is amazing

Toy Soldier 14-11-2019 08:11 PM

I don't think Negan's character "change" is actually all that unrealistic, it just feels it because of the time jump. You have to remember that he's been locked up in Alexandria for the best part of a DECADE at this point... But for us, he was out in the world doing horrific things just a 18 months ago so it seems less realistic. I also got the impression 2 episodes ago, that they were saying that even HE didn't realise how much he had changed until the incident with the woman and kid they met... With him being genuinely horrified that the Negan stan had killed them and that he had been "inspired" to do something like that from growing up hearing tales about Negan.

They can overdobthe character a bit at times but I actually enjoy Negan's arc still. There are far worse written characters on the show.

Mystic Mock 14-11-2019 08:14 PM

I get what you guys are saying, but they've still not explained why the main group haven't killed the guy that terrorised them for over a year.

Toy Soldier 14-11-2019 08:15 PM

Spoiler:

In the comics he's infiltrating the whisperers to gain Alpha's trust, so he can get her on her own, and he kills her. IIRC he then takes her head back to Rick (who is still around in the comics) as a sort of "peace offering". In this case I'd imagine it would be Carol and Daryl.

Toy Soldier 14-11-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10711804)
I get what you guys are saying, but they've still not explained why the main group haven't killed the guy that terrorised them for over a year.

They have, that was a HUGE part of the season 7 finale. Rick essentially did "kill" Negan; he injured him badly and he would have bled out without medical attention. But then, because of wanting to respect Carl's dying wish that they "do things better", he told the doctor to save Negan so that they could lock him up instead, proving that they're more civilised than groups like the Saviors et al... And keeping him imprisoned (rather than using capital punishment) was sort of a symbol of that idea.

Strictly Jake 14-11-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10711808)
They have, that was a HUGE part of the season 7 finale. Rick essentially did "kill" Negan; he injured him badly and he would have bled out without medical attention. But then, because of wanting to respect Carl's dying wish that they "do things better", he told the doctor to save Negan so that they could lock him up instead, proving that they're more civilised than groups like the Saviors et al... And keeping him imprisoned (rather than using capital punishment) was sort of a symbol of that idea.

Yeah the finale was all about them all wanting him dead particularly maggie. They were all pissed at rick for not killing him even rick was annoyed he had to keep him alive but it turned out to be the correct decision. So they did all want him dead for a long time, in fact at one point maggie amd michonne were going to kill him the cell before they decided against it. A long long time has passed since that point

Lets not forget maggie hasnt been in it for all that time who knows how she will feel about negan on her return

Toy Soldier 14-11-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10711814)
Yeah the finale was all about them all wanting him dead particularly maggie. They were all pissed at rick for not killing him even rick was annoyed he had to keep him alive but it turned out to be the correct decision. So they did all want him dead for a long time, in fact at one point maggie amd michonne were going to kill him the cell before they decided against it. A long long time has passed since that point

Lets not forget maggie hasnt been in it for all that time who knows how she will feel about negan on her return

I reckon that
Spoiler:

Negan will have killed alpha and a lot of the townsfolk (maybe not main characters but the "extras") will have accepted Negan because of that, and even main characters will be begrudgingly letting him live freely, and Maggie will not be happy.

Mystic Mock 15-11-2019 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10711808)

That reason isn't good enough imo.

Especially when this show is clearly gonna kill Alpha for doing similar things to the group.

It's different tastes I suppose, but to me I think that they needed to do one of four things to make me personally buy Negan's redemption arc.

1. Show a softer side to him in his very first episode so it doesn't look out of character for him to be redeemed later on.

2. In the season 8 finale have the Whisperers show up and attack both groups, leading to Rick and Negan calling a truce and Negan grows a fondness for the group through that way.

3. Have him already have a past friendship with Rick or one of the main group before the Apocalypse so then that person can influence the other characters into trying to reason with Negan rather than trying to kill him.

4. TWD could've had Negan be well connected to factions that were really powerful and Rick's group needs to work for Negan and the rest of The Saviors to get in good with Negan's allies.

To me they took a lazy approach when all of those options above would've been far more interesting imo.

I'm happy that people seem to be enjoying the show though, it's just I wish that the show would think it's storylines through.

Toy Soldier 15-11-2019 02:11 PM

I get where you're coming from but mostly only because of Glenn and Abraham, otherwise Negan's actions don't really come close to Alpha's heads-on-pikes. The main difference I guess is that if someone is killed "during a war" that can be somewhat justified. Negan was done by the end of S7... Killing him would have been an execution, it was a pivotal moment setting up what kind of society they want to be going forward.